Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

do you ever change your mind and return items for refund?

26 posts in this topic

Posted

decide you dont want it or not your color, etc?
sometimes I buy items on sale and later decide to return them for something else or just get my money back

but I always keep the tags on and save the bag and receipts

I'll probably return a shirt today from Macys it's just not my color, too bright, I dont usually wear white, it gets stained too easily

when you get home and try it on again and it just doesnt look right on you, sometimes it takes time to decide if it's right

but if you dont buy it when you return it might be gone

Posted

I usually don't buy things on a whim [clothes at least]. I find something i like, mull over it for a long time.

I also don't like to return things. just a big hassle, so i try to make sure i make the right decision beforehand.

Posted

Yeah, of course, every once in a while I make a return. Most of the time I end up keeping what I buy because I don't go shopping for clothes that much anyway, so I only buy what I really really like.

Posted

I don't do returns too often but I always keep the tag on until I wear it and I place the receipt, and bag in a safe place if I do decide to return it lol

Posted

Yup I don't want buyer's remorse.

Posted

Out of curiosity, what can you return in the US? (Used, new, in bag, etc.)

We can't return items here :(

Posted

in the US most major dept stores will allow returns with a receipt , some stores even have a satisfaction guaranteed policy

as long as you follow the stores return policy, you wont have a problem returning anything

some items are not returnable unless defective, like dvd movies, music

thats why I only make major purchases from a reputable business with a good return policy, it makes me more confident in my purchase if something goes wrong or I decide I dont need it.

Posted

I'm quite picky with my purchases, so generally if I do return something, I probably bought it online and I didn't like the colour or fit

or my mom decided to go shopping for me OTL and that's when we'd have to go return it ... lol

it depends on the store (sometimes you have to look it up online or it'll be printed on the back of your receipt)

usually if it's new with the tag still on, within 30, 60, 90 days (depends on the store) with the receipt, they'll accept it (some places don't take sale items though)

if you don't have the receipt, they might take it for the lowest price in the past month (varies) and give you store credit only

if it's past the allotted time .. I'm not too sure. but I do know you can pretend you lost the receipt and get store credit ^ that way lol

in bag is kind of meaningless because if the tag's ripped off and you wore it, you can always stuff it back into the bag or something hahaha

it sounds like it's complicated because policies vary between stores, but generally if you go to the big department stores (Macy's, etc.) they're really lenient with returns and refunds

Posted

Yeah I do that all the time. Sometimes I just keep it for a week, using that time to contemplate whether I should keep it or not.

It happens more often when it's an expensive purchase.

Posted

i return things i buy online quite a bit. sometimes i take a chance because the prices are too good online. in stores, i'm usually there for a while and i try on every piece of clothing before i buy it. but if i don't, i usually keep the tags on. sometimes, i even take the tags off by pushing the plastic tag thing through the hole it was punched in so i can see it on without the tag. if i really dislike it after taking the tag off that way, i'll just slide the tag back through the hole and return it. but it hasn't happened yet.

Posted

I usually buy things on a whim, small priced items like from walmart, macys or target so I definitely always save my receipts just in case I change my mind. I'm always returning sth, my bf gets annoyed. lol

Posted

yeah definitely.

i buy stuff impulsively so its pretty usual for me to return stuff. :P

like what h&m says: buy now, decide later. LOL that's what i always saw on their retail counter. haha

Posted

I'm an impulse buyer, so yes, I do that every now and then. After I buy whatever I bought, I'd question if my purchase was necessary (whether it's a "want" or "need") before I actually take off the tags/packaging. If its a "want", it has to go back to the store. :o

Just to be safe, always ask about their return policy before actually buying something. Its just to be sure you can get a refund back and not get store credit.

Posted

Definitely. Especially with online items, you never know what you will get. Also, thankfully drugstores here let you return used cosmetics & personal care items (at least walgreens does) so I always return those if i don't like them. Saves a lot of money!

Posted

Why wouldn't I would be a better question. If I won't use it or it doesn't work, chances are it's going back to where it came from.

Posted

for clothes/accessories/makeup/etc honestly, if it's like $20 or under it's not really worth the exchange--which is a bad mindset since that stuff accumulates lol.

some places have crazy-lenient return policies. I returned something from sephora once, and the lady was telling me how earlier that day someone came in with a 2-year-old receipt for something almost empty :/ but their policy allows pretty much any return as long as you were' dissatisfied' (store credit after like, 60 days I think).

Posted

from my perspective as a second hand goods seller, a buyer with buyers remorse is the worst type of buyer. even worse when they play the authenticity card to mask their in-decisiveness.

Posted

I rarely return stuff.. If I really hate it, I mostly end up putting it in the back of my closet. Such a bad habbit -_-

Also, things bought on sale cannot be returned here

Posted

yes i do it. Its either I dont like the style anymore or that it doesnt seem to look that nice when i try it on at home

Posted

/