Followers 0

There are no girls on the internet

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Please Read before posting
Please read before posting..

So I found this on the internet and i thought I'd like to share

you-dont-get-a-bonus-to-conversations-just-because-you-are-a-girl.jpg

I'm about 50/50 on this statement... I do believe it's true because i've had sort of experience with it but I dont agree because I believe they just want people to know their gender.

So that's where that saying came from xD. "richard simmons OR GTFO" LOL!!

He's sort of a troll because he's basically stating to post up "naked pictures"

I think this deals with gamer girls and stuff.. I don't know lol

Do you guys agree with this or not? Discuss :D

Posted

Even if she posts a picture there is no guarantee it is even her.

Posted

Even if she posts a picture there is no guarantee it is even her.

Then you ask her to pose naked with a fan sign with your name on it!

But then it could be photoshopped so instead, you ask her to appear naked on webcam and do exactly as you say...

But she might refuse to do it until you meet her in person...

Until you meet Chris Hansen...

Posted

Isn't this person technically saying that there are no guys on the internet either? You'd never know unless he shows a picture of his Richard. Knowing it's 4ch, of course the default option is to think that oh, you must be a guy. *sigh* Oh 4ch...

Posted

oh the ignorance...

oh the stupidity...

Do you want fries with that?

Posted

I actually do see where he's coming from.

Why do you want/need to be seen on the internet as one gender or another other than to get attention?

For example, when I'm having a discussion with people in this forum, I don't give two mini coopers about whether you're a boy or a girl, unless I had a different agenda aside from just exchanging knowledge and opinion.

Judging by the context of his post, I think it is safe to assume that she brought up the subject of her gender unnecessarily.

The fact that she wanted to be acknowledged as a girl on 4chan screams attention seeking to me.

"Oh hi I play MW3 and Bioshock and Mass Effect and Gears of War!

Btw, I'm a girl, and I'm here on this forum tailored to people with a heavy taste so I must be different from all the other girls! Now swoon over me!"

I see this quite a lot. It's getting old.

Btw, I'm a girl, and this is necessary information just so you don't refute me harshly.

Posted

No humans exist on the internet, just bots (some smarter than others).

Posted

Isn't this person technically saying that there are no guys on the internet either? You'd never know unless he shows a picture of his Richard. Knowing it's 4ch, of course the default option is to think that oh, you must be a guy. *sigh* Oh 4ch...

No, the assumption is that only men wander the internet.

Posted

^ Hmm.. let me add on to that.

I totally agree with what bbaumgul said. Girls know that once they expose their gender—especially in a place where, like Mannosuke said,"the assumption is that only men wander the internet."—they'll be given special treatment. However, wouldn't it also be safe to say that part of the reason why girls think this way is due to the fact that men(not all, but some) let themselves fawn over the nearest female that just "happens" to be cruising by and "accidentally" includes their gender? Giving a positive reaction to her means you're encouraging her, giving other females(assuming they exist, of course) the idea that this method works.

Besides, forget being female. Such a boring thing to be. I'm actually a kid a.k.a. undercover FBI agent... desu. ph34r.gif

Posted

However, wouldn't it also be safe to say that part of the reason why girls think this way is due to the fact that men(not all, but some) let themselves fawn over the nearest female that just "happens" to be cruising by and "accidentally" includes their gender?

What if she's ugly?

Posted

^ I'm talking solely online, since we are on the topic of "There are no girls on the internet", yes?

Posted

Maybe I want to be known as a girl because I don't want to be called a dude? -_- I've been called a dude a few times on this forum.

What if she's ugly?
lol don't fawn over her even if she's 'attractive' (have you ever seen ulzzang before and after? It kills you're faith in women's appearances)

Posted

^ I'm talking solely online, since we are on the topic of "There are no girls on the internet", yes?

It's not the fact that she's a girl, but the fact that she's not ugly, right?

So there's no advantage to being a girl IRL either if she's ugly.

That's why there's a bunch of insecure girls wanting to get surgery and all.

Posted

Maybe I want to be known as a girl because I don't want to be called a dude? -_- I've been called a dude a few times on this forum.

I thought you were a guy for a while ever since your pirate thread lol >_< until I saw a post where you referred to your gender and I was like =O

I've mistaken many longtime members gender on this forum. Half of the old mods I mistook all their genders XD I thought Jaeho was a girl, and I thought NotFromThisPlanet (former mod) was a guy to name a couple. I thought PDURRR was a girl too ^^"

I don't think it changed my view on any of their posts though. But then again this only applies to guys right (whether or not their view gets skewed once a girl reveals herself on the net as a female).

Posted

I thought you were a guy for a while ever since your pirate thread lol >_< until I saw a post where you referred to your gender and I was like =O

I've mistaken many longtime members gender on this forum. Half of the old mods I mistook all their genders XD I thought Jaeho was a girl, and I thought NotFromThisPlanet (former mod) was a guy to name a couple. I thought PDURRR was a girl too ^^"

I don't think it changed my view on any of their posts though. But then again this only applies to guys right (whether or not their view gets skewed once a girl reveals herself on the net as a female).

Lol maybe I should change my avatar id into something more girly? Though it will probably confuse users for a bit.

That pirate thread was just to mock soompi's little anti piracy advocate. I haven't changed my id because it doesn't look so ugly on 4 inch screen

Posted

^ Our long-term trolls are usually guys so when you made that thread I thought you were a guy xD we have female trolls sometimes but they'll oonly post like.. one or 2 topics then disappear from Soompi.

so yeah that was why. not cause of your avatar or username. hehe :>

Posted

What if somebody is transgendered?  Can they post on Soompi - or are the rules also similar to the Miss Universe pageant?

Posted

What if somebody is transgendered?  Can they post on Soompi - or are the rules also similar to the Miss Universe pageant?

I think you completely missed the point.

The thread is trying to say that you don't need to identify yourself as any specific gender to receive any sort of treatment as a consequence of that on the internet.

I don't care if you're part boy, part girl, then part alien boy and girl. You just don't need to tell me about it in hopes that I would treat you differently.

Posted

In many ways, what he's saying is truth whether anyone likes it or not. I actually agree with him in some respects... I find it annoying when girls post about how they're a girl in hopes of getting attention and special treatment. It's especially bad with "gamer gurlz lol." They expect a freaking medal, I swear.

What I disagree with but he is still nonetheless correct about is the "richard simmons or gtfo" part. A perfect example of how misogynistic the anonymity of the internet allows people to be.

Posted

Regardless of whether it's people interacting with each other online or not, people shouldn't be judged solely on their gender.

Doing so is called being sexist.