Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A quick question about LG Lollipop 2.

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Texting.

_____lg.jpg

Hi everyone!

I am in Canada and I was wondering about the texting function on the LG Lollipop 2 (unlocked version), because I'm thinking of getting this phone.

I heard that it can only text people with the same service provider, so for example if your provider is Fido, you can only text to Fido and not Rogers etc.

Is this true in terms of using this phone in Canada? Because I've also heard that people can text to other service providers...

I would appreciate it if someone could clear this up for me, thank you!

Posted

I think it really just depends on your service provider and what kind of plan you get. I know where I am you can get a T-mobile sim card for an unlocked phone such as the lollipop and it will allow you to text anyone regardless of who their service provider is. What service provider did you plan on going with once you got the phone?

Posted

I am in Australia and I am on the Optus network, and I just got this phone today. So far, I can text people who are on other providers such as Telstra :) But, I am having lots of problems with the texting as there is no T9 and the way in which you need to text is really difficult and unusual...