Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The man that didn't know when to quit

13 posts in this topic

Posted

So the other day I was eating some SUBWAY with a colleague and we were talking about how dramas make some people have fantastical ideas about romance.

And then he started talking about a long-time friend he had who's life seemed just like one of those dramas.

A story about a man who met a woman a decade ago, only to remain as good friends even after she married to some other man.

A story about a man who lives the life of an ordinary citizen that makes 6-figures and goes home to spend the rest of the day pursuing his hobbies.

A story about a man who refuses to move on and look for other women.

And there I was thinking the dude's nearing his 30's, is living a fairly stable life, seems to have a lot of free time to do what he likes, but is pursuing something he'll never get.

I thought the guy was pretty cool, but it seems like others think he's a total loser in life. You know, the kind of guys that will never succeed.

Posted

It sounds like he really needs to seek some help if he's been into the girl for that long. I don't mean that in a snarky way--counseling does a lot of people a lot of good and can help eliminate really unproductive behaviors/thoughts. I find that some people need to take active steps to leave the past behind if time just isn't healing the wound. After all, it's completely normal to be hung up on a person for a while and those feelings should wane with time. When they stick around for years, however, then I think it's time to take action before those feelings keep you from advancing with your emotional development. Luckily, counselors are highly accessible and trained to help.

Posted

Er...

Cool Story Bro?

Posted

Take out the 6 figures part and that actually sounds a lot like me. 

I like to spend the rest of my day pursuing my hobbies.

3c935d90-46ad-492b-9507-c031a5a7de04.gif

Posted

Take out the 6 figures part and that sounds like me. 

I like to spend the rest of my day pursuing my hobbies.

*quoted image*

is your hobby a plate? you are pursuing a plate? of food? or just a plate? haha

Posted

^ i think playing frisbee by oneself

Posted

Poor dude!!! He needs to face reality and move on.

Posted

isn't that called erotomania? blind and unhealthy fixation on a single person, delusions that they have a chance/that the other person loves them? that's not adorable, that's a mental illness.

Posted

isn't that called erotomania? blind and unhealthy fixation on a single person, delusions that they have a chance/that the other person loves them? that's not adorable, that's a mental illness.

it seems more like not being able to move on from an unrequited love, like Dante suffered

Dante_and_beatrice.jpg

Posted

Sounds like an Oscar-winning movie with Leonardo DiCaprio and soundtrack by Hans Zimmer. No sarcasm.

Seriously, I respect the man. Healthy? Maybe not. Kind of awesome? Kind of. Yep.

Posted

it seems more like not being able to move on from an unrequited love, like Dante suffered

lol very noble. idk, it's just a little discomforting when people place others on godly pedestals, or worship them like an idol--I mean, he probably envisions her as some flawless goddess the IRL version could never live up to. or he never truly knew her in that way.

I knew a couple kids like that--one of them got his girl in the end, but boy was he pissed when he realized his imagined heavenly angel had flaws. when they broke up, all his love turned to raging hate that never subdued. wasn't healthy before, wasn't healthy during, wasn't healthy after.

Posted

he probably chose the wrong girl , but it sounds like he needs to have night out with couple of friends and think it through. 

it would be awesome to have a six figure salary , i could buy clothes and all that~ =u=

Posted

well he has his hobbies so he seems happy. and if he's happy, why should anyone try to change him? some people aren't happy until they are with the person they want but others are happy to see their loved ones happy and he might just be one of those people. i say he is living the life!