Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wearing make up to school?

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Or is it me or is anyone else having the same problem? I feel a little uncomfortable having foundation or bb cream on my face for an entire day, ie. from 8am-5pm in school? How do other girls wear make up the whole day without having their bb cream melting off their faces? :/ and it's like I could literally 'feel' the foundation clogging my pores!! Lol. But then again, I'd like to look pretty too!! >< help!!!

And also, i have really oily skin so I'm really scared that if I wear bb cream on daily, my complexion will deteriorate.

One more question, like during lunch break, do you wash off all your make up and reapply every thing again? How do I look fresh all dy?

Just reread my post and realized that Im rambling :/ hope you guys get what I mean! :)

Posted

You are probably applying too much foundation.

You naturally have oily skin, and combined with your foundation, it probably feels very heavy on your face right?

Opt for a mineral powder foundation. You'll get the coverage you want and the light feel.

Also, I didn't wash my face in the middle of the day to reapply my foundation. i'd have to reapply my moisturizers and everything else. What a hassle! not to mention you'd have to bring everything with you. I really don't think anybody does that.

Posted

I had really oily skin in high school and I wondered this too...but I had acne/acne scars so I couldn't stand the thought of just not wearing makeup.

Make liberal use of blotting papers! Also, if you can buy a little spritz bottle at a drugstore, fill it with distilled water or an alcohol-free toner and carry it with you. Between classes you can spritz it on your face and blot it off with a paper towel (and then touch up your makeup as necessary). It makes your skin feel a little fresher, and you can redo your makeup without having to fully wash it off first.

To avoid developing acne, wash off your makeup thoroughly as soon as you get home from school. You might have to try a few brands before you find one that doesn't make you break out. I used to use Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse because it looked amazing (seriously, it looks airbrushed) but it made me break out, so I switched to Neutrogena Skin Clearing Foundation, which has salicylic acid in it, and that works well with  my skin.

Posted

make up is not allowed for schools in my country. haha! so, we don't have to worry about all that at all during school times. lol

however, have you thought of just applying make up base and concealer instead of foundation or bb cream? my skin is prone to breakout and i find that whenever i use bb cream or foundation, i get breakout in few days to come. i guess i need to invest into clarisonic before i go again for foundation. haha!

i do however apply foundation (light foundation) when i go out with friends or shopping. lol i don't touch up at all except for lipstick or lip gloss. other than that, everything seem to stay on my face.. however over the time, when our face gets oily that's the time when we feel skin is heavy or dull.. just spray some facial mist all over your face and blot it with tissue.. your face will be fresh all over again.

my daily make up regimen for base is just make up base + concealer.. sometimes i don't even bother finished it with face powder. lol. then i will go with eye brow, some eye liner or mono color light eye shadows, then blusher and lip. i don't put on mascara everyday.. only when i go out or shopping. lol

Posted

Thanks guys!! Glad to know I'm not alone in this! Aaaahhhhhh!! I hate my oily skin!!! Im applying differin at night which is good at keeping acne at bay, but does very little in reducing the oil production! I mean it's not just for school! Even going out, I get this prob- my foundation or bb cream melting off my face :(

And also with reapplying makeup, isn't it like piling on more foundation on your face PLUS the grease, dirt and bacteria?

In the end, I end up not putting any make up on at all apart from the occasional eye liner and mascaras on the days I wake up early ;)

Posted

And also with reapplying makeup, isn't it like piling on more foundation on your face PLUS  the grease, dirt and bacteria?

You might not have to reapply makeup, especially if your skin condition is not too bad to begin with - spritzing and blotting might be enough to freshen up (it's enough for me).

And even if you do reapply - well, the grease is produced by your skin, the bacteria is already on your skin, and as far as your skin is concerned makeup is roughly the same thing as dirt (something totally foreign to your skin) so if you're concerned about that you shouldn't wear makeup at all. rolleyes.gif 

Posted

I guess I shall try the spritzing n blotting technique and see how it goes!! :) btw you mentioned u had very oily skin in high school. How did you manage to lessen the oil secretion?

I guess I shall try the spritzing n blotting technique and see how it goes!! :) btw you mentioned u had very oily skin in high school. How did you manage to Lessen the oil secretion?

Posted

I use to blot(still do!!), I also find myself carrying a small spray of water to bring moist back into my skin. I love skindinavia makeup finishing spray(or UD)

Posted

I guess I shall try the spritzing n blotting technique and see how it goes!! :) btw you mentioned u had very oily skin in high school. How did you manage to Lessen the oil secretion?

Honestly, the biggest change was when I started taking birth control pills (because I had really bad cramps and realized that I couldn't afford to spend 3 days out of every month basically not getting out of bed). A lot of oil production/acne is hormonal, so that really helped calm it down. 

I also started using moisturizer at night - I don't use a specific brand; depending on how my skin feels I usually use Cerave PM, Clinique Dramatically Different lotion, or argan oil. It's kind of counterintuitive, because it seems like the last thing you'd want to do is add more moisture, but since I have combination skin (cheeks are normal but acne-prone, forehead and nose are oily), when I was using an oil-free wash/toner and then not moisturizing, my skin overcompensated and produced more oil.

I've never tried this before, and my skin isn't so oily now so I don't want to try it and risk overdrying, but I've heard that milk of magnesia is a surprisingly good makeup primer if you have oily skin. 

Posted

When I start getting oily in school, I use an oil-blotting sheet and then lightly dust my face with some powder and I'm usually good to go :D

Posted

Oil blotter sheet is a life saver. I wish I knew more about makeup stuffs during high school though. You could also try the All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray from UD.

Posted

How do I keep my makeup on all day? By using a primer first and then setting the tinted moisturizer/whatever is on my face with translucent powder, of course. If the face makeup feels uncomfortable, then I (well, you~) would be using the wrong kind of product. Something lighter, like a tinted moisturizer, would probably be better for you than a BB cream.

Posted

i use bb cream in the morning, and when it gets to later in the day i use blotting sheets to get rid of the excess oil, and retouch with powder foundation. it turns out very nice and not cakey!

when i have extra time, (let's say i have date that night right after school/work) i cleanse my face before then with a sample size cleanser, and reapply my makeup.

Dr.+G+BB+Cream.jpg

keyvisual.png

or_048E01_300.jpg

Posted

Thanks for the replies! This morning, I applied concealer to my under eye circles and pat on a very light layer of Mac foundation to my nose, cheeks, chin and forehead and forewent my bb cream. I guess you guys are right: bb cream is a little too heavy esp in this humid weather.

I'm actually a med student and my days are spent in the hospital wards with NO air conditioning!! :( imagine how shiny my face looks by lunch break :(

Btw is it true that by blotting, you will increase the oil production? This is also the main reason I stopped using blotting papers :/ perhaps its just a myth.

Posted

Hm... I have never heard of blotting increasing the oil production. 

What I did when my school's AC broke for a month was wear Maybelline's Nude Foam foundation. It's a foaming foundation, 'light as air!'. Also, maybe a tinted moisturizer would work? Sometimes, some people just have more oil than others. I definitely wouldn't use a BB cream during the summer, it probably traps the grease and dirt under the layer of makeup, aggravating your skin.

The biggest reduction in my oil production was when I started taking Birth Control Pills. No, I wasn't planning on getting pregnant in high school, but it did reduce a lot of my oil, acne, and cramping that I had during my period. Also, I later took Accutane for my cystic acne, and now my face is almost oil-free! Also, with age, your oil-production probably will lessen. I remember during my puberty days, you could probably make big bucks off the oil on my face crazy.gif

Posted

Lol!! You would think my face would get less oily by now. :) I'm 22 already! :(:(

Posted

Ha, yeah, concealer + foundation (even just a light~ layer) + BB cream is way too much for your face for any time of day, period. Swap the BB cream for a translucent powder instead if you aren't already using one. Powder is important when you have oily skin.

Posted

i normally do not wear make-up to school but around March 2012, i did. it was just because i look dead without the make-up on. and since our school time is from 7am-5:30pm (and sometime i stay longer than that), i have to make sure that the make-up don't melt off or look disgusting and stuff.

i just put on BB Cream, setting it with some loose powder, Eyebrow Powder, a wash of eyeshadow, and lipbalm. just enough to make me look awake . . . and alive. and to keep all that stuff from melting off and such, just use lots and lots of blotting paper. i have oily skin too, and blotting papers can do wonders. and if you need to touch up, just apply powder.

Posted

Usually I wear really sheer/light foundation and then during breaks apply a little powder, or just carry blotting tissues, so my face doesn't seem oily. :)  Stays on all day, and I don't get any acne from it!