Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Do girl swimmers usually have the ideal body?

33 posts in this topic

Posted

Man dem legs are fine on them swimmer girls!

Posted

I've met some chubby ones. 

Posted

I've met some chubby ones. 

mind posting some pics?

How can they be chubby if they are an active swimmer? 0.0

Posted

sGDWB.jpg

Couldn't get a better pic. I was filtered from her friends list after high school...

I think swimming is a lot about technique. This girl is chubby but I have another friend that was neither fat nor skinny, yet she is a good swimmer. Neither of these girls in question are the best in best in the state but they are good. 

I was a running freak in high school. I had decent times for the the 5k yet I couldn't swim for more than a couple minutes at once. Swimming has a lot to do with technique and less about power. 

Posted

*quoted image*

Couldn't get a better pic. I was filtered from her friends list after high school...

I think swimming is a lot about technique. This girl is chubby but I have another friend that was neither fat nor skinny, yet she is a good swimmer. Neither of these girls in question are the best in best in the state but they are good. 

I was a running freak in high school. I had decent times for the the 5k yet I couldn't swim for more than a couple minutes at once. Swimming has a lot to do with technique and less about power. 

always thought that swimming was a good way to tone up the body and lose weight.

Posted

always thought that swimming was a good way to tone up the body and lose weight.

^ it helps you lose weight if you monitor your eating habits. The only downside to a swimming workout is it sharpens your hunger. Ask any swimmer and they'll tell you after a swimming meet or competition they feel like they could eat a whole cow.

Posted

The best way to lose weight is running. Start by running in intervals of 3 minutes. And slowly build up your endurance. 

Posted

I've noticed many swimmers (the good ones that have been competing since they were young) have broad shoulders and a wide ribcage (men and women). But that's just my observation. They have awesomely muscular backs though.

Want to lose weight? DIET. As the saying goes "Great abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym"

You can run 6 miles in an hour and burn 500-600 calories. Eat a slice of cake...BAM you've just ingested at LEAST 500-600 calories in 5 minutes. I know, it's not fair.

[edit]

I just realized I didn't answer the question. lol. IMO, I don't think they have MY ideal body...they are indeed very athletic looking but I much prefer the body of baseball players (I think it's their butts) for guys, and volleyball players for the ladies (again, it's the butt/thighs).

Posted

i thought the ideal body for swimmers was a long torso and short(ish) legs?

girls tend to sought after long legs and short torso, if i'm not wrong

aside from the swimmers i know that compete nationally (and) have naturally fast metabolism, I knew quite a few swimmers that are a bit flabby

volleyball girls, i heard, have the best body?

Posted

The ones truly devoted to swimming and keeping fit otherwise will have very impressive bodies if you're into athletic girls. Otherwise, not so much. Swimming is a gentle exercise; it won't burn or tone as much as, say, running. I used to swim for training in excess of ten hours a week for several years and it still did nearly nothing to actually give me any toning/definition - but tennis, dance and netball did plenty for me.

Posted

I don't think they have the ideal body. They often have broad shoulders which is not very feminine in my opinion.

Posted

Sorry, this may be off topic, but when I was having a school swimming carnival there were a group of asian squad swimmers who were weightlifting outside, me and my friends were checking them out and damn they were tall , had long legs and broad shoulders with toned abs. But then I realized some of them were girls.

So the answer is yes, if it is a guy and no if it is a girl .

(but it was probably the weight training + the hot summer sun that was clouding our judgement that was making them look so good) (also, sorry for sounding so shallow, prime mate instincts was also calling)

Posted

yes for guys but no for girls, they tend to have broad shoulders and a muscular torso . volleyball players tend to have a better/feminine body, closer to my ideal i would say

Posted

No the girl swimmers that have nice bodies are the ones that actually take care of themselves off season.  Where I live, about 50% of our girl swimmers are overweight.  The reason is that they don't swim intensively year round, when its off season they don't manage their eating habits properly and end up eating what they would on season (which is more then they need) causing them to have extreme weight gain

Posted

Guy swimmers have nice bodies cos it's the whole wide shoulder, lean, toned thing I go for.

Girls should aim for volleyball players bodies. Or tennis players.

Posted

I think so?

I'm just a newbie trying to post more so I can start my own topic.

Posted

I had a close friend in high school who won a lot of competitions in swimming and got scholarships as well and I would consider her chubby. She had really wide shoulders and was heavier from the waist up in general.

Posted

I think they have lean body but no curve

Posted

I think hand ball gives you nice bodies. Every girl I know that plays hand ball since they were young have long arms and legs and big boobs. Ofcourse genetics is a big deal, but so many of em hand ball heads got nice bods.

Posted

A lot girl swimmers i've come across are for a lack of a better word, solid. They are huge...broad shoulders, sizeable quads. Its pretty intimidating.