Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Food Board Revamping

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Look for updates in here :]
Here is where we will keep updates on what changes are made to the board - from thread combination to new rules.

Questions, comments, suggestions anything post here! Or PM US :]

Changes Made:

Thread Renaming

[Food Chat] Threads

Shark fin soup >>> [Food Chat] Shark fin soup

Who Dislikes Mustard? >>> [Food Chat] Who Dislikes Mustard?

Triple Stuffed Oreos >>> [Food Chat] Triple Stuffed Oreos

What did I eat @ Korean BBQ >>> [Food Chat] What is this that I ate @ Korean BBQ?

what foods do you like to use ketchup on? >>> [Food Chat] what foods do you like to use ketchup on?

Favorite type of sushi >>> [Food Chat] Favorite type of sushi

Texas Donuts - Gigantic Maple Bacon Donut >>> [Food Chat] Texas Donuts - Gigantic Maple Bacon Donut

[Opinions] Threads

what kind of cereal do you like to eat for breakfast? >>> [Opinions] what kind of cereal do you like to eat for breakfast?

Do You Live to Eat or Eat to Live? >>> [Opinions]Do You Live to Eat or Eat to Live?

Dim Sum, Pho or Sushi? >>> [Opinions] Dim Sum, Pho or Sushi?

It's Girl Scout Cookie Season! >>> [Opinions] It's Girl Scout Cookie Season!

[Questions] Threads

restaurant style steamed white rice >>> [Questions] How to make restaurant style steamed white rice?

[Restaurants]

Starbucks!!! >>> [Restaurants Cafes] Starbucks!!!

Korean bbq in melbourne >>> [Restaurants Korean] Korean bbq in melbourne

[special Diet]

Raw Food Art! My friend's 30 days of raw food diet! >>> [special Diet] Raw Food Art! My friend's 30 days of raw food diet!

Share Your favourite Low-Fat recipes! >>> [special Diet] Share Your favourite Low-Fat recipes!

Gluten free dumplings - and if you're not gluten intolerant, it's still just cool to make! >>> [special Diet] Gluten free dumplings - and if you're not gluten intolerant, it's still just cool to make!

Merged Thread

"1 minute gooey chocolate mug cake not for the faint hearted" merged into "Swap/share Recipes"

Posted

Hi Hi to all Food lovers ;)

yup, 1SwtDeception and myself are hoping to make the Soompi Food thread more conducive to all who come to the thread.

Do let us know if you have any feedback. We will be happy to hear from you if you welcome the changes. :sweatingbullets: On the other hand, if you have any suggestion, feel free to post too.

Posted

why does the food forum need labels? Sorry quite don't understand the necessity of it :sweatingbullets: I understand for forums like the lyrics forum (for ppl who are looking for chinese/korean/japanese or romanization/translation/original) or the entertainment forums for news or something. most of these labels for the food forum is glaringly obvious [ie. opinions/ques] and I think the only useful would be special food diet or recipes.

Posted

why does the food forum need labels? Sorry quite don't understand the necessity of it :sweatingbullets: I understand for forums like the lyrics forum (for ppl who are looking for chinese/korean/japanese or romanization/translation/original) or the entertainment forums for news or something. most of these labels for the food forum is glaringly obvious [ie. opinions/ques] and I think the only useful would be special food diet or recipes.

Hi Poop-Shoop-A-Loop,

We first like to tidy up the food forum. Looking back at the first impression I had when I came into the forum, it was kind of messy. I couldn't easily find what I'm interested in. Adding labels is to facilitate searching. Especially for newcomers.

Posted

Kind of agree with Poop-Shoop-A-Loop, it makes everything look a little cluttered IMO. I reckon it'll be more organised to add labels to those that need to stand out ie recipes... Labelling "food chat" and "opinions" is kind of .. well... pointless to me.. especially since they are almost the same thing. Looking at the list why is "what cereal do you like to eat" different from "fav type of sushi" but one's food chat another's opinion ? ... Yeah .. I kind of find it redundant ...

Also.. isn't it easier to just make a "super thread" for questions where people can just go to that thread to ask questions.. rather than have a bunch of [Questions]

Posted

Kind of agree with Poop-Shoop-A-Loop, it makes everything look a little cluttered IMO. I reckon it'll be more organised to add labels to those that need to stand out ie recipes... Labelling "food chat" and "opinions" is kind of .. well... pointless to me.. especially since they are almost the same thing. Looking at the list why is "what cereal do you like to eat" different from "fav type of sushi" but one's food chat another's opinion ? ... Yeah .. I kind of find it redundant ...

Also.. isn't it easier to just make a "super thread" for questions where people can just go to that thread to ask questions.. rather than have a bunch of [Questions]

inxomnia I love your "Super Thread" idea, ie, a thread for people to put all their questions in. While I welcome participation and new threads, I do find all the questions threads getting too many, esp when for some of them, the participation is pretty low.

1SwtDeception , what do you think? We merge those questions threads under the super threads? maybe call it the Super Questions :P

thanks people for all your ideas. Keep it coming so that we can continue to brainstorm together.

Posted

Since you're merging a lot of recipes into the swap/share recipes thread, is it possible to index the recipes in different categories for easy access?

anyway the super questions thread sounds cool.

but if you're gonna merge all the questions into one thread that seems it'll really limit the food talk on the food forum into one thread. plus it becomes just commenting on the thread instead of having an actual discussion on various types of food? I think Soompi needs encouragement to have discussions/member interaction rather than a "comment-only" type of system which is what the thread will turn into because it'll be so bulky. it's not like someone's going to look through many pages to answer one random question that someone has ("do you like dark chocolate or milk chocolate"). Iono if I'm making sense, lol!

I don't renember if we've had this before but how about a pinned Food help thread ? when people are trying to figure out what they're doing wrong with their recipe and want to make it right.

example:

"i'm trying to make pho but its not coming out right. what should i do to make it taste better?"

reply: "add.. blahlblah. or i have a secret, i put a dash of ___. makes it extra tasty."

"this recipe i'm using calls for ___, but i dont have it! anything i can use as a substitute?"

Posted

Why was the "What did you eat today?" thread closed? I get that it was a little pointless considering no one read each other's posts so there wasn't much discussion, but it was a somewhat popular thread. You should reopen and make it a rule that people post pictures of what they ate to make it more interesting.

Posted

That would be just great I guess, but I also suggest that many of the popular thread reopened for easier access!

Posted

aznorazizul said: That would be just great I guess, but I also suggest that many of the popular thread reopened for easier access!