Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Are you too genius for manual of instructions? Like being lazy but intelligent!

15 posts in this topic

Posted

But wouldn't it be more intelligent to read those things?
Like for instance, you got yourself a beautiful Mandoline Slicer!

pinzon-mandoline-slicer.jpg

But are you one of those people who think the thing to handle veggies/cheese/etc is useless? You don't need to read any manual of instructions of course! Logically, you will slide the veggies there and tadaaaa! Over 5 of my friends cut their finger while using this (only one really lost his finger), so that made me google search about this type of problem. The result was astounding. I've only read a few comments and already 10 people "geniusly" lost their fingers so I decided to stop reading further.

Experts said you're supposed to follow the "goddamn manual of instructions" but some fingerless people complained that they should have made that tool more "user-friendly".

Also, the shocking thing is... A lot of people never knew about the "secret techniques" of Apple's earphones despite owning them.

MB770G-B-090ac9e03adab8f8feeb6349148f1413.jpg

I was like "Dude why do you have to go through unlocking your iPhone just to skip your songs? You could do that with the pinching technique on your earphones."... He was like "Really?! I thought all this ever had was + and - for the volume!!!"

That's right. I had to explain that one pressing = play or pause. Double tap = skip the song. Triple tap = repeat the song or go to previous song. Double tap + hold = forward the song. Triple tap + hold = rewind the song. Hold = select playlist. Pull, tap, hold, pull, tap tap = Hadoken. Etc... He was amazed and extremely satisfied after learning the secret techniques. I told him "Don't you read the manual of instructions?!" and he replied with "Do I look like I read those?! But thank you even though I don't know you!" and he walked away.

It's amazing what you could have missed if you didn't read any manual of instructions. All the secrets are in there.

Like for assembling stuff, a lot of people just toss away the paper... "I know how to assemble this and I will assemble it my way!"

ikea-pics.aspx.jpeg

It is a beautiful art.

Share your art!

Posted

maybe you should visit the random thread...although you have gone far beyond random. XD

Posted

I was too genius to read through this entire post so I skipped to writing this answer... :ph34r:

So what was this about?

Posted

The ear phones I knew about.

Posted

Yeah, tell me about it.

One time I bought this new TV and I stubbornly thought I could operate it like a Boss and could figure it out all by myself.

On the first night, I tried setting it up myself, attempting to program all the CATV channels onto it.  I tried entering all the numbers and every time I plugged in a channel, I would get no picture.  Instead, I'd get this whirring sound and just the screen would just light up with nothing to display at all.  It was weird because every time I programmed a channel, the screen would light up for a certain period of time and then it would go dark and the damn TV would start beeping.  So I took that as a sign that I was making some sort of a programming error - yet, I was still too hard-headed to follow the damn manual instructions.

Finally, a friend came over to visit and I had forgotten that I had invited him over to check out my new TV. 

That's when he asked me why the hell do I have a microwave oven set up in the living room.  dwbew9.jpg

Posted

I don't read the manual, I just look at the pictures :lol:

Posted

Yeah, tell me about it.

One time I bought this new TV and I stubbornly thought I could operate it like a Boss and could figure it out all by myself.

On the first night, I tried setting it up myself, attempting to program all the CATV channels onto it.  I tried entering all the numbers and every time I plugged in a channel, I would get no picture.  Instead, I'd get this whirring sound and just the screen would just light up with nothing to display at all.  It was weird because every time I programmed a channel, the screen would light up for a certain period of time and then it would go dark and the damn TV would start beeping.  So I took that as a sign that I was making some sort of a programming error - yet, I was still too hard-headed to follow the damn manual instructions.

Hey I know about that TV! Some people told me to insert a DVD in there, program it and enjoy the show! I did not get disappointed though, it was truly beautiful! I even took the movie on picture (I gave this Harry Potter DVD a 10/10 on imdb):

cd-in-microwave-disco-fire.jpg

Posted

But sometimes the manual is just depressing... Like I was helping my dad build something after a while we looked at the manual and low and behold the stupid manufacturer left out a piece

It's a good thing I live in the South, duct tape furniture doesn't look out of place and is considered luxurious by many

Posted

Posted

Haha so true. I dont read the manual, until I am stuck somewhere using the device. For example, a new mobile phone, I always accidentally locked my new mobile phone and never know how to unlock it. That is when I will read the manual 'willingly' :/ 

p/s : im amazed by the iphone earphone thingy!!! :o But im not a iphone user :)

Maybe I shall start reading manual every now and then :D To prevent losing my finger?! :/

Posted

rather then being a genius, im lazy & not bother taking the time to read the manual. i hope for the best XD. things tend to work out as time pass.

i didnt know about the iphone option to skip song! i only found out when my friend said, "pshh boring *click click." yeah i was :o!! i guess im more fasinated with the phone itself rather then the manual. but who wouldnt XD toss that manual aside!

i struggle unlocking the samsung galaxy s2 -_- literally a mission.

Posted

No, its not that. I just dont feel like reading.

Posted

What is that thing in the last picture supposed to be?

Posted

What is that thing in the last picture supposed to be?

it looks like a chair gone wrong.

:phew:

Posted

If I've bought something, there's usually a quick set-up guide or quick installation guide. I go straight to that, unpack, assemble, or set up. Then test it out. It works ? Cool. Any other functions, troubleshooting, I only check the manual when I need something. Simply because even after I read a whole manual, I usually forget most of it since theres so much in there. Rather learn shiz at my own pace (considering the last manual I read was for my dslr, so half the things I was like ... "yeahhh too advanced" at)

& wth does that slicer really do? Looks like some overpriced, luxury kitchen tool ... that cuts people's fingers off... Can't people make do with knives, peelers, graters etc?

Actually I didn't know that about the ipod earphones too, but that's because I never had those one. With my classic, they only had the earphones. Which I dumped very quickly because the sound quality was shiz and the grey grip was bleh. And I like looking at the screen, since I like skipping till I find a good song I'm in the mood for, easier to read the title.