Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

"No Audio Output Device Is Installed"

6 posts in this topic

Posted

34gu23l.jpg

Does anybody know how to solve this? I occasionally get this on my laptop.

Sometimes my audio works and sometimes it doesn't..it's really random.

I've tried to fix it with some methods I found from searching on Google but none worked.

Posted

are using a dedicated sound card or the onboard sound card?

- if both are present, then there is the chance that both are conflicting. you will need to disable one and use the other, or look into IRQ settings.

- if youre using only one soundcard, then have you tried clearing all drivers and software for it and reinstalling?

- it could be hardware related. if its onboard then there is not much you can do. if its a dedicated sound card, it could be as simple as the card not inserted properly.

- searching through google, it looks like most cases are on the vista platform. im sure if you dig specifically hard enough you will find someone who has discovered the cause and found a solution for it.

Posted

This might be a completely incorrect answer, but make sure you have something plugged into the speaker jack in the back. I set up a computer recently and I was staring at the error about no output device and I was like tongue2.gif cheap computer need to download drivers!! But then I plugged in my speakers and it detected speakers and it was like doh.

Posted

Thanks for the replies!

@zantac_2 Umm, I don't know much about computers so I don't know the difference between dedicated sound card and onboard sound card.

But I'm guessing it's onboard (?). I don't know, my sound system is just the speakers on my laptop.

Mhm, yeah, my computer's a Vista too. I tried clearing it, but there's nothing there.. like as if I had no sound system installed in the first place.

This usually happens to my computer after resuming from hibernate or sleep. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't, but it's more likely to happen after resuming from sleep or hibernate. Rarely does it happen from the initial start up of my computer (but it has happened before).

@awdark haha I'm not using separate speakers, I'm just using the ones on my laptop itself~ haha but thanks for the reply!

Posted

go and download the sound drivers from your notebook manufacturers website and install it.

then go and install this vista hotfix.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937077/

Posted

Could be sound card driver related. Head over to the laptop manufacture website, go to their support page, search for your laptop model. It should display all the drivers for the laptop. Find the one that's for sound card, download and install. See if that help.