Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Printer Recommendation

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Give me some advice & ideas! :)
Hello! I need some help...

My printer just broke recently and I need to buy a new printer ASAP. I usually print essays for my classes & sometimes coupons with a bit of color on them. I am leaning more towards a hp printer since my previous one was one.

Is there any type of hp printer that you think is the best for printing essay jobs? One that doesn't use expensive ink cartilages (like Lexmark -.-) and can print a lot w/o frequently running out of ink?

Thank you so much!!

Posted

Get a basic laser printer if you primarily print B&W. The benefit of a laser printer is that you are not falling into disposable printer land. If the toner is empty, replace it because the price is tolerable. For color copies that really need color, go to a copy center and run off when you need it. A color laser isn't feasible for most students and inkjet costs a lot to get a quality print. 

Look at Brother, Dell, and Samsung laser printers which are all generally around $80, less if on sale. If you still want HP, check the ink refill prices first and compare. The HP I have currently uses the 88 cartridges which is ok for the price. 

Posted

Invest in a CIS (continuous ink system) for about $50 or so for whatever inkjet printer you're considering. You won't have to worry about running out of ink for at least a year or two and refills are ridiculously cheap.