Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[Special Diet] Raw Food Art! My friend's 30 days of raw food diet!

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Now she's up to day 50+!
My friend decided to do a "Raw Food" diet... the foods are all raw (or cooked at the lowest temperature low enough not to damage the proteins/nutrients in the food). She's doing it for 30 days, and she's already on day 20 something. Anyways, I thought I'd share, the photos are gorgeous! The actual food she's still experimenting, but there have been a few favorites which I'm posting the recipes to as well:

Also, scroll wayyyy down for more photos!!

rawr01.jpg

rawr02.jpg

To save some bandwidth on my photobucket account, you can see all the larger photos here!

http://www.facebook....41588219&type=3

Hope it inspires you! I'm planning to do the Raw diet, but only 2-3 days a week. I'm already eating very healthy (mostly because of my gluten allergy), but I believe you can do this diet nutritiously and really benefit from it health wise.

Some recipes to try, whether you're into Raw or not.

408933_223913237696986_218334241588219_498194_1625970530_n.jpg

"Raw/Vegan Mayo"

Add everything and mix all in blender:

1/2 cup soaked cashews

1/4 cup water

1 lime juice (or lemon although lime's better)

2 tablespoon olive oil

1 pinch of kosher salt

1 teaspoon (fruit)vinegar

1 teaspoon honey

kale-1.jpg

"Kale chips" (try this with collard greens too!)

Bake at lowest temperature in the oven (basically dehydrating) for about an hour or until leaves are "crisp", sprinkle some sea salt and olive oil. They taste like yummier/healthier version of potato chips!

Posted

wow those look amazing! just curious about how she's feeling about it? any effects?

Posted

the pics are really high quality! what camera are you guys using? i am sure your friend is feeling great! it's very healthy! and your TYT bear.. looks like rilakkuma to me. haha! just make sure sanrio doesn't come after you guys.

anyway, i like what you guys are doing. extremely talented especially on the merchandise.

Posted

She's feeling great! Slimmed down quite a bit (not that she needs to loose any weight). I did a similar diet (gluten free) because of health/allergy reasons, and also lost a lot of weight (i say similar because i started eating more raw veggies and cut out ALL processed foods). The culprit is really the processed foods - the trans fat & high fructose corn syrup that go into your body and stays there. Tran fat goes straight to the belly, even if you're skinny, you can still have a small belly from consuming trans fat, and that was one of the biggest difference in both of our diets (and by no means did we eat less, we just ate differently). The other important thing is to eat nutritiously. There's ways to do this and benefit A LOT, and then there's the wrong way to do it and will effect your health. But for the most part, she's doing very well, definitely getting plenty of protein still from raw fish! The results will show in 2 weeks (but keep up with the lifestyle for full health benefit).

She uses panasonic LX5 for her camera ^^ I've used it before, very simple to use! All of this was probably taken with auto-setting.

Posted

Wow!! This is so awesome; what a great idea, and I absolutely love that your friend is listing the ingredients+instructions on how to make them with each picture upload. I definitely want to try that Raw/Vegan Mayo, and the Banana and Parsley Smoothie as well. Thanks for sharing, love it!!

Posted

My friend is now on day 50+ of her raw diet!! More stuff....

tesraw02.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.218829394872037.55287.218334241588219&type=3

The link will give you access to larger photos and some recipes! =]

Also, we did some videos just for fun! LOL... it's not really "cooking" since it's raw... but still fun! PS - Zucchini pasta is Amazing!

Screenshot2012-03-06at95840PM.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1TH7kA42nw

Screenshot2012-03-06at95936PM.png

http://youtu.be/gae3Oi3QVh4

Posted

wow!! thank you for sharing this thread, definitely going to try to make the foods you guys created ^ ^ good luck on continuing this!

Posted

hmmm raw food.. it´s interesting...

what´s that brown thing that she puts on the zucchini pasta? it looks like soybean paste

Posted

<3 will be following this thread!

I actually tried to follow a raw food diet earlier this year, but lost rigor for it quickly after running out of recipes t_t

but seeing all these lovely picture is so motivating! will be trying these out for sure

Posted

I tried the raw food diet before, but it wasn't very satisfying...I ended up eating lots of nuts and banana "ice cream", which wasn't smart ^^ But I agree that zucchini pasta is yummy. (Maybe if I could make the recipes you do, I would last longer keke)

I DO drink green smoothies regularly...they are amazing and help with detoxifying.

Posted

wow!! thank you for sharing this thread, definitely going to try to make the foods you guys created ^ ^ good luck on continuing this!

Thank you! We are working on more recipes... I know there's been lots of request, but we all have full time jobs and this was just a hobby (but working on making it into something bigger)!

hmmm raw food.. it´s interesting...

what´s that brown thing that she puts on the zucchini pasta? it looks like soybean paste

That is actually "Uni" roe, which is basically roe of sea urchin. It's delicious if you are fan of roe. Usually very expensive, we actually had ours shipped express from a Boston Japanese fish market to NY the next day. LOL... talk about being serious about our ingredients!

<3 will be following this thread!

I actually tried to follow a raw food diet earlier this year, but lost rigor for it quickly after running out of recipes  t_t

but seeing all these lovely picture is so motivating! will be trying these out for sure

How long did you do this for? And I think Raw is more of a lifestyle than eating. The benefit is not the taste (but it doesn't have to taste bad either), the best part is the energy/healthiness that came with it! And from her personal experience (and mine too, because I'm doing part raw/gluten free), you start preferring the less processed foods.

I tried the raw food diet before, but it wasn't very satisfying...I ended up eating lots of nuts and banana "ice cream", which wasn't smart ^^  But I agree that zucchini pasta is yummy.  (Maybe if I could make the recipes you do, I would last longer keke)

I DO drink green smoothies regularly...they are amazing and help with detoxifying.

It's not satisfying probably because fruits/veggies are in such low calories.... you will probably need to eat a bag full of veggies every meal! not to mention your digestive system is much better, so things "process" faster. My recommendation is to eat more fiber rich veggies and drink lots of water. And the green smoothies are delicious!!! Kale/apple/grapefruit/banana, or banana/spinach/pineapple are some of my fav! (except i'm allergic to apples, so i have the non-apple version, which is a bit more bitter).

Posted

How long did you do this for? And I think Raw is more of a lifestyle than eating. The benefit is not the taste (but it doesn't have to taste bad either), the best part is the energy/healthiness that came with it! And from her personal experience (and mine too, because I'm doing part raw/gluten free), you start preferring the less processed foods.

I wanted to do it for a month; (and possibly long term change my eating habits) but I lasted only about a week (I also quit cooked food cold turkey, and it probably wasn't a good idea). Definitely agree with it being fulfilling energy wise and health wise though, but overall, I think my mentality for the raw food diet was off. I think I might try a part raw diet again to get things going~ this time.

Posted

Wow, this is so creative! Thanks for sharing, the pictures really make me want to try this diet. Hopefully, you'll be posting recipes for most of these on Facebook soon... :P

Posted

The pictures are so gorgeous and yummy looking! Good luck to you guys! biggrin.gif

Posted

recipes, please!!!

if my mind can be tricked by how the food is decorated, yum! haha.

has she lost any weight? or how has her body changed?

i wanna try it.

Posted

I wanted to do it for a month; (and possibly long term change my eating habits) but I lasted only about a week (I also quit cooked food cold turkey, and it probably wasn't a good idea). Definitely agree with it being fulfilling energy wise and health wise though, but overall, I think my mentality for the raw food diet was off. I think I might try a part raw diet again to get things going~ this time.

I think cold turkey has it's ups and downs. I'm actually trying the raw diet too now (haha testing recipes on my self so I can share!) but for "breakfast" I give my self the option of raw or cooked. But for lunch dinner it will be strictly raw. I think it's easier than the "3 days a week" cuz those "days" tend to be a bit of a drag.

Wow, this is so creative! Thanks for sharing, the pictures really make me want to try this diet. Hopefully, you'll be posting recipes for most of these on Facebook soon...  :P

Yes yes, we are working on recipes, it's new to all of us, I'm doing raw for a week as well, for the purpose of perfecting recipes from her album.

The pictures are so gorgeous and yummy looking! Good luck to you guys! *quoted image*

Thank you!

recipes, please!!!

if my mind can be tricked by how the food is decorated, yum! haha.

has she lost any weight? or how has her body changed?

i wanna try it.

Yes, she told me she lost 10lbs! Which wasn't really the goal (cuz she's skinny to start with) but feeling energetic/healthy is the most important! For exercise, she bikes to work (we live in NYC) so it's a great exercise.

I also lost 10lbs on the gluten diet (plus exercise), which is very similar to raw, except it's half cooked (but all healthy and no processed foods).

Anyways, like I said earlier, cuz my friend is super busy this month, I will help her with some of the recipes by trying the raw diet myself for a week, mostly to perfect the recipes that she's tried out! =] Thanks for everyone's interst! I'm suprised to have so many responses...

Posted

What dedication D: Maybe one day, I'll be as disciplined as her *_*

Posted

What dedication D: Maybe one day, I'll be as disciplined as her *_*

haha that "one day" is for me!

Today is my first day on the "raw" diet...

I decided I need to do this because:

1. I sprained my ankle back in Jan, and it still hasn't fully healed, so I can't work out much (my fav is running), so I need to compensate on a healthier diet

2. ppl have been requesting recipes for the raw diet, and my friend is super busy (where as i'm just "okay busy") so i'm gona try out the diet and post the recipes of the ones I did!

So anyways, today, my two meals (plus breakfast which i'll post the recipe another day), are:

420103_254596804628629_218334241588219_574797_737459840_n.jpg

49.jpg

you can find the recipes plus more on this album that I created:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.254595694628740.63550.218334241588219&type=3

Posted

Wow! Everything looks delicious, and the presentation is just flawless! Thank you so much for posting the recipes. Will be following your food journey for sure, and hope your injury heals soon too~

Posted

This looks so good! >v<;

I'm such a sucker of cooked food. I know when you cook a lot of food you lose a lot of vitamins (I hear steaming is a lot healthier), but I have been looking for simple cold lunch food to pack during classes and such. :sweatingbullets: Looks great!!