Let's Get Creative!

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Updated March 26th, 2012
[sorry I have not updated this in a very long time. I've been very busy so if anyone is willing to take over please let me know through PM. - endeavor]

Let's Get Creative!

Welcome to first installment of Let's Get Creative!

I'm not sure about you guys but I'm always looking for new projects to do. There are thousands of websites, blogs, and videos with thousands of tutorials so it can be challenging to find one because there are just sooooo many. Let's Get Creative! will feature some my favorite projects or projects that I think would be of interests to everyone.

New Let's Get Creative! post will be up every other Fridays (two times a month) once a month so be sure to check back for new projects. Also, if you see any projects that you think others will like that relates to the theme feel free to add them. Similarly if you see a project that doesn't go with the theme but you think others will like be sure to message or tweet the tutorial link to me so it can be featured in the next Let's Get Creative! update.

By the way, if you end up using one of the tutorials come back and post pictures of it! =)

sa.png
Elephant Stuffed Animal | Mason Jar Soap Dispenser | Decorative Can | Decorative Box | Book Necklace | String Bracelet | Fabric Cover Clothes Hanger | String Covered Jars | String Covered Letters | iPad Case | String Covered Eggs | Decorative Plant Cans

Some more tutorials (be sure to check out SunniRise's post here for more too).
Hunger Games Katniss Hairclip | Snuggle The Penguin Crochet | Cheap Alternative Plant Pots | Plant-able Paper | Lorax Decorative Candies | Leather Friendship Bracelet | Japanese Stab Binding Book

Posted

Previous Let's Get Creative! Posts....

January 27th, 2012

This week's theme is Valentine's. I know we're still a couple of days away from Valentine's Day but it's never too late to get a head start. What better way to show someone you love them than with a handmade gift!

30hlyy8.png

Fortune Cookies With Customized Messages | Valentine's Cake Pop | Nylon Stocking Rose | Heart Ice Cream Sandwiches | Heart Cheesecake | Brownie Hearts With Raspberry Buttercream | Marbled Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownie | Heart Stitched Hand Warmer (You can put candy in it instead) | 52 Reasons I Love You Deck (This one has two links) | Marshmallow Pop | Story of Us: Personalized Eye Chart | Origami Heart Envelope | Photos on Wood | Bath Bombs | Pop-up Heart Card | S'more | Heart Cake | Knot Card (I know this is mainly for a wedding but it reminded me of the knot string thingy in the Taiwanese drama, Endless Love)

Others:

Crayon Heart | Chocolate Love Note | Chocolate Dipped Strawberries | Heart Cut Out PB&J Sandwich | Heart Fabric Window Card | Felt Stitched Heart Card

---------------------------------------------------------

February 19th, 2012

Sorry for the lateness of this post. There was not a theme it was pretty much anything goes.

4slcw9.png

Sweetheart Bunny | Custom Pencils | Goal List | Paper Flower | Pencil Case | Chalkboard Mug | Stenciled Pillow | Lace Lamp | Giant Paper Rose | Bow Tie | Photo to Tile | Heart Pillow | Message in an Egg | Lamb Pillow

Posted

Yay! Thank you so much for posting those! They are all cute! Im gonna go try some now. ^___^

EDIT:::: I especially LOVE the wood pictures! They seem very easy and look amazing!

Posted

Ohh thank you!! ^_^ this is gonna be cool!!!

Posted

Has anyone tried the "52 reasons why I love you deck"? I'm currently in the process of working on one, and I think it's the most creative thing I've seen as a valentine's day gift! I think I'll post pictures when I finish. :)

Posted

Has anyone tried the "52 reasons why I love you deck"? I'm currently in the process of working on one, and I think it's the most creative thing I've seen as a valentine's day gift! I think I'll post pictures when I finish. :)

Not really but I wanna try the nylon rose. It looks gorgeous. <3

I did something else... I might put it up.

Posted

1-1.jpg2-1.jpg3-1.jpg

4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg

So I finally finished the "52 Reasons Deck" just in time for Valentine's day! It's way thicker than the original tutorial because I actually added an extra layer of paper to mount each writing. x____x But I really don't mind it lolz. Oh hmmm sorry for the blue-ish light, not sure what's up with my camera -___- because sometimes that happens. Anyways, if you'd like to see a large detailed picture, please click on the smaller pictures above ^^^ they link to the original photos.

I basically wrapped the deck with tissue paper, placed in a box with paper shavings and chocolate kisses. Then added a heart shaped box filled with candy and my bf's favorite cookies and cream chocolate bars. Thennnn on top of that, I added a smaller silver box that was supposed to be filled with fake plugs (he really wanted them, so I made an order on LeN's Asmama survey) but the earrings haven't arrived yet... so I wrote him an IOU instead with some candy LOL, I'm sure he'll be okay with it. If I have time, I'll fill the smaller silver box with some valentine's day scratch cards, since he lovessss playing scratch cards. xD And later tonight, I'm taking him out to Lucille's BBQ.... yay! Haha. <333

Posted

Nicely done, elysium.! It's so cute! I hope your boyfriend liked it! Kudos on coming up with 52 reasons....I don't think I can ever come up with that many. LOL!

A new Let's Get Creative post will be up this Friday, please look forward to it. =)

Posted

Wow, look at all of those amazing projects! I don't have a special someone I'd like to gift those to on Valentines day but it'd be cool to see people's results. elysium. That's super amazing and I love how adorable you packaged it. Hope your boyfriend liked it ^^

Posted

wow thanks for the update. This looks so cute and fun to do. I might do one or two of these.!

Posted

where is the march edition!?

hahaha

Posted

where is the march edition!?

hahaha

Sorry! I was on vacation and just got back the other day so I haven't had time to do it. It should be up by this weekend!

Maybe I should change it to once a month because I can't seem to keep up with once every two weeks. LOL!

Posted

^ Thank you so much! I really like the clock one. I don't have a clock in my room but I guess it's time to get one now! :D

Posted

Thank you for all these tutorials! Will try them out during the holidays!

Posted

Great ideas! I bookmarked a few of the pages. :D

Posted

Just thought it'd be nice to share this with errbody: 
creative-diy-ideas-4-4.jpg
creative-diy-ideas-5-1.jpg

creative-diy-ideas-6-4.jpg
creative-diy-ideas-7-2.jpg
creative-diy-ideas-9-4.jpg
creative-diy-ideas-10-4.jpg
creative-diy-ideas-11-2.jpg
creative-diy-ideas-3-4.jpgcreative-diy-ideas-17-4.jpg
creative-diy-ideas-19-4.jpg

creative-diy-ideas-20-2.jpg

LINK:  http://blog.mad4flash.com/2012/06/20-awesome-do-it-yourself-projects/

Posted

These are great!! Thanks for posting them. I know I've fell behind on this but I'm hoping to start soon. =)

Posted

Pinwheel Bouquet

2cfrsl4.jpg

Handmade card

vs2j3d.jpg