Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

So what have you purchased/recently purchased for your car?

16 posts in this topic

Posted

We have one of these on my team forum, so I thought "why not make one here?"

Just like the title states, What have you bought for your car? Replacements/Aftermarkets or whatever! ^_^

I just ordered an OEM front lip for my E36 M3 and now waiting for a few OEM interior pieces I really needed to come in from ECS Tuning. Soon after, I will be ordering Recaro SPG XL buckets in Red and MOMO hub with NRG adapter for my Nardi Woodgrain/blk spokes.

Posted

Complete engine rebuild of my D16 for my EG. The last owner of my EG gave the engine some major abuse. Good thing the D16 is tough as nails. I want a NA build, but with a D16..... boosted is the only way to go if you want a quick civic. 

Also bought a new flywheel from Excedy to give my tranny less grind and wear, and so I could make my dad make my clutch a little softer. 

I'm hoping to get some Stance Emotion rims or some Volks TE37s pretty soon. The current rims are some ugly ADRs that are like 16/17 inches. IMO, for my civic, those are a bit big. 

Posted

I like this thread!

I just bought....

1. DBA 4000 Series Rotors - Front and Back

2. Hawk HP+ Pads - Front and Back

3. Goodridge SS brake lines

4. 2 cans of ATE Blue.

Take a wild guess what I have to do this weekend~ lol

I'm teetering on whether to buy new Enkei RPF-1's, but don't wan to deal with the spacers n all *sigh.

Posted

keeping it simple, most recent mod bought: exhaust tips

upcoming: Jpipe

@Laxntiga: you mention spacers, are they to clear the brakes or for aesthetics? Actually just buy them and what ever size you choose go x9.5 and up for the concave =)

Posted

^ It's to clear the brembo's.

STi's are limited to wheels *sigh

I'm stuck on whether to pay down the STi and just get more goodies for it, or to buy a beater =(

Oh, and also after the brakes... wow..... the difference is worlds apart.

I was running on stock rotors and stop tech pads. The rotors were almost shot - the stock brembo pads are a joke they last only 40k miles or so, replaced them with cheap stop techs recently. With the DBA rotors + hawk hp+ pads, I can get that abs to kick in reallll quick, even quicker in the rain lol.

If my brakes can do this... I wonder what the car would feel like if i stiffened up the suspension some more.

If I continue modding the STi next purchase would be:

1. Transmission mount

2. Group N engine mounts

3. Oil pick up line (the stock one is prone to failure)

4. Master cylinder brace (to stop firewall flex)

5. Rear sway bar

Eventually would want to get:

1. AOS separator

2. Coil overs

3. New wheels

4. Bushings for the steering rack/front control arms (the GD STi steering isn't as sharp as the older STi's).

I could go for more power, but I feel the car is fast enough as is, just needs some more fine tuning + longevity boosters.

Posted

Just pulled the trigger on Whiteline front and rear sway bars, end links and a heavy duty rear sway bar mounting bracket.

I will probably do wheels next... but idk, i have an extra set of the exact same tires sitting in my room I have to burn *sigh.

Anyone need 17/235/40(i think) Dunlop Direzza Star Specs?

Posted

Well I haven't recently purchased anything for the M3 but... I am in the market for another car, preferably a EP3 or S2K.. Found an EP3 in DFW that I really like, got approved for 4k but need to come up with another 2,500. :x

Posted

^ It's to clear the brembo's.

STi's are limited to wheels *sigh

I'm stuck on whether to pay down the STi and just get more goodies for it, or to buy a beater =(

Oh, and also after the brakes... wow..... the difference is worlds apart.

I was running on stock rotors and stop tech pads. The rotors were almost shot - the stock brembo pads are a joke they last only 40k miles or so, replaced them with cheap stop techs recently. With the DBA rotors + hawk hp+ pads, I can get that abs to kick in reallll quick, even quicker in the rain lol.

If my brakes can do this... I wonder what the car would feel like if i stiffened up the suspension some more.

If I continue modding the STi next purchase would be:

1. Transmission mount

2. Group N engine mounts

3. Oil pick up line (the stock one is prone to failure)

4. Master cylinder brace (to stop firewall flex)

5. Rear sway bar

Eventually would want to get:

1. AOS separator

2. Coil overs

3. New wheels

4. Bushings for the steering rack/front control arms (the GD STi steering isn't as sharp as the older STi's).

I could go for more power, but I feel the car is fast enough as is, just needs some more fine tuning + longevity boosters.

STi wheel selections are limited on a 5x100 bolt pattern but not really on a 5x114 bolt pattern. There's been an age old debate on using spacers and how it strains the suspension components. I would call Turn-In Concepts to get a more definitive answer. If you want to upgrade mounts, I suggest Cusco engine and transmission mounts. You'll really want a larger front sway bar and smaller rear sway bar. Also, don't forget to upgrade the mounts and end-links. Future thoughts on rotors: Even if you buy DBA or VatoZone rotors, it's still the same except the price is different (only when autox). Before you try coil-overs, try getting your STi struts re-valved with swift springs with the guys at Feal Suspension.

Posted

^ Read about the swift springs.

I am putting on sway's tomorrow. I got Whiteline front and rear's. 24mm up front, 22 in the back. Also bought the new spherical endlinks from WL - as well as some beefy heavy duty rear sway mounting kit.

I am starting to hear a raspy noise from my exhaust... it might have an exhaust leak, but just hoping it's a gasket that went.

In terms of the suspension... I'm going to do the top hats + springs, but can't chose whether to go with STI Pink's or RCE Blacks.

Posted

Finished up my sways and did my alignment. Man.... I was missing out. Doing the sways makes me want to get stiffer springs ASAP for my car *sigh.

I did have an exhaust leak too, fixed that, but I still smell gas =T

Bought new floor mats (carpet - had the rubber ones). Its all gravy baby.

Posted

I just got my car last july so haven't done anything to do = BROKE! But recently bought car wash soap, car wash mitten, drying towel. HOpe that counts too haha

Posted

The only seriously expensive thing I've bought for my car recently is gas.  :(

Posted

I just got my car last july so haven't done anything to do = BROKE! But recently bought car wash soap, car wash mitten, drying towel. HOpe that counts too haha

Haha man times are tough these days. :P anything goes man, even just buying an air freshener haha

Recently been busy financially so I haven't done anything to my car. But now, I can. Starting buying parts to swap a 1JZ into my e36 M3(hate it or love it. I could care less :P) Spent $64 on just clips for body moldings -___- bought my friends full wood Nardi steering wheel. Then 400 on a Koyo Supra radiator for the swap. Soon getting slim fans intercooler piping and conversion mounts. Then lastly the motor itself.

Posted

Enkei2.jpg

RPF1 17x9 +35 SBC, but wont be in till June/July :(

Posted

FULLIMAGE_331171.jpg

eventually i'll want to get the factory spoiler (2012 altima), upgrade the sound system, and possible tint the windows. most of my buddies rag on me for driving an old person car but i'm not the flashy type.

Posted

Finally got something to fill in the holes and cover the ugly rust!

522972_10151660013775134_521340133_23842803_1248522942_n.jpg