20-something and no driver 's license:

532 posts in this topic

Posted

Who can say this and not cry?
I have to admit that I am 20 something and still don't have my license. I did have my permit when I was younger but never took the driving test. In a couple of weeks I am going to take the test. Does anyone know someone that doesn't have their license about 20 something?

I can't be the only one. Come on.

Posted

not a big deal. a lot of people i know in the city don't have their license because they've never needed one. i guess once they move out into the country (aka: suburbs), they'll probably get one.

Posted

It not a big deal, but at some point the pressure is on to at least get your own transporation. I am lucky to live a city with a good bus and subway system, but when I visit my parents the bus system is bad. Not bad, just sad.

Posted

my girls 28, and she still havent got it ....

dont be ashamed, its okay.

Posted

two are my friends are around 20 and still haven't gotten it. getting it late sucks though. -.-

Posted

Hey don't worry about it.

I didn't get a driver's license until I was 31.

But that didn't stop me from driving though, haha.

But hey, somebody had to operate the bus and get those kids to school.

Posted

my sister's 21 and she just got her driver's license. don't feel too bad about it. good luck on your test ;)

Posted

I'm 20, and I have never driven before. I won't actually touch the driver's wheel, and learn how to drive, until next month. I've had a lot of stuff happen with the last 5-6 years of my life to where I haven't really thought about driving, until now. Good luck on your test.

Posted

Thanks to everyone. I am not alone. : )

Posted

Hey don't worry about it.

I didn't get a driver's license until I was 31.

But that didn't stop me from driving though, haha.

But hey, somebody had to operate the bus and get those kids to school.

omg... that made me laugh so hard, lol. xD

Posted

I think it depends on where you live. Living in a large metropolitan city with good mass transit or highly congested streets like NYC, I figure most people don't have a license/car.

But living in a sprawled area like most of Southern California on the coast, that would have a greater affect on one's life. To get to work/school, go to the store, etc...need a car.

Posted

I have to admit that I am 20 something and still don't have my license. I did have my permit when I was younger but never took the driving test. In a couple of weeks I am going to take the test. Does anyone know someone that doesn't have their license about 20 something?

I can't be the only one. Come on.

actually..i know someone...but she lives in NY. so..she doesnt really need one... :sweatingbullets:

Posted

i dont know anyone like that but it's nothing to be ashamed of :] goodluck on your test!

Posted

I got my permit when I was 16 and didn't really get my license till 26. (Then got my 1st car when I was 28.) You can't be later than that.

Posted

my boyfriends brother just turned 25 in may and he got his license like a week before he turned 25.

Posted

haha dont worry, out of my group of friends no one has it cept for me and my other friend.

Posted

It not a big deal, but at some point the pressure is on to at least get your own transporation. I am lucky to live a city with a good bus and subway system, but when I visit my parents the bus system is bad. Not bad, just sad.

i think the 'pressure is on' only if you don't plan on living in a major urban area with a developed mass transit system. the only people driving cars around here are cabbies, tourists, and chauffers ;)

Posted

i'm 22 and don't have it.

i think my mom got her's when she was 25...i don't remember.

my neighbor doesn't have one & she's in her 40s or 50s. she just gets her husband to drive her around.

having one would be nice i guess, but i don't have a car so it'd be useless...

Posted

i'm 21 and i don't have one. I got into a serious car accident when i was training (I was 18). so, i've been kinda scarred ever since. I am planning to get a license this summer though. :)

Posted

I don't have a license, only a permit. Oh and I'm 21. I know how to drive a little bit here and there but I suck at it! I already crashed the side of my dad's van, breaking the window. I accidently drove onto my front yard crushing the sprinklers, and almost crashing into my house if I didn't turn the car off. Also, I almost crashed into my dad's brand new car the first day he got it. :-/

I'm going to take my driving test in 2 weeks so I guess I gotta really start practicing again. I'm tired of asking people for rides and I gotta get over my fear & practice more and more. Good luck with your test by the way.