Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

STUFF YOU DO TO KEEP YOUR STOMACH FROM GROWLING

33 posts in this topic

Posted

So, sometimes it's a class that's just before lunch and you suddenly get that feeling that your stomach is going to growl in class and you don't have a snack or anything to eat. Do you do anything to hide it? Or do you just let it growl?

For me , if I have water I'll drink it right before I think it's going to growl

Or I try to hold my stomach in to stop it from growling ( but it hurts after a while xD)

or I try to make noise and stuff by shuffling my papers and chair haha

and I really hate those moments when no one talks and everything is quiet T_T

Posted

For me , if I have water I'll drink it right before I think it's going to growl

Or I try to hold my stomach in to stop it from growling ( but it hurts after a while xD) 

or I try to make noise and stuff by shuffling my papers and chair haha

All of that plus constant shifting of the body or a cough. I pray for someone or something to get up or make a noise so I can tag along with their disruption.

Posted

LOL, omg. This topic is relevant to me. My stomach always freakin growls in class before lunch! And sometimes, even AFTER I eat lunch :rolleyes: But yeah, I pretty much make noise and hold in my stomach (this seems to do the trick most of the time). Water is dangerous for me. It sometimes emphasizes the growling noise in my tummy lol.

Posted

try some candy or lifesavers next time, that might be enough to stop the embarrassing noises

Posted

I talk, for some reason if i distract myself by talking it doesn't growl........... but if i sit in silence like during class or something then i swear it's just much louder or it growls constantly. Water doesn't help either T.T

Posted

Well I try to eat in the morning.... lol just take a bite of something or drink something in the morning. Even when you don't have time and you are in the rush, just at least take something, you can eat it on your way to school.

Always have candies in your bag?

Hm... try to concentrate on other stuff, get busy? The thing is when you don't think about your stomach, it won't make noise, especially at the beginning. LOL

Posted

I use to elbow myself in the stomach to get my stomach to shut up..it didn't work.

I started eating nutrigrain bars before class they hold me over until class lets out. If you cant do that then try eating eggs or oatmeal for breakfast. You won't get hungry so quick.

Posted

I just let it growl

by now everyone in school knows I'm always hungry anyway

Posted

ROFL!! xD in my head: "please dont growl..please dont growl...ahh darnit." I hold in my stomach, but sometimes someone just hears it and stares at you questioningly (if thats a word) and well..you just gotta laugh it off =D

Posted

i keep mints handy and just eat them constantly

i think it helps lol

im not sure but im not willing to stop to see the consequences

and ive taken to eating ALOT before hand x____x

Posted

carry some dried fruit in your pocket for those hunger pangs, like dried apricots, raisens, dried mangos, etc

Posted

ugh my stomach growls alllllll the time...!! i especially hate it AFTER i eat... it makes me feel like a fatty or something -_-

Posted

My stomach growls like a dog at night. I'm trying to sleep and keep turning around and change my sleep position to see which one won't make it growl :(

Posted

lol is there any ways to prevent it from happening?

I growl many times in front of my teachers and friends. Super embarassing but i can't help it blush.gif

Posted

During my calculus II exam my stomach started to growl.... it was so embarrassing. I tried to hold my stomach to stop the growling but it only reduced the noise.

Posted

I hold my stomach or I begin tapping my foot really loud or conveniently drop something.

One time I went on a retreat and at one point, everyone was sobbing and being emotional. My friend's stomach growled really loudly and everyone stopped and looked at her! It was so embarrassing for her.

Posted

If I start to get hungry before a class, sometimes I'll buy a small bottle of juice and sip on that throughout the class to stave off the hunger until I get a chance to eat.

Posted

i suck in my stomach hoping it won't growl or i put my hands in my pocket and hold my stomach and try to make it not growl.

but sometimes i'm just like. whatever i don't care if it growls. i'm hungry.

sometimes it even growls after i eat.

Posted

I just let it growl

by now everyone in school knows I'm always hungry anyway

it doesn't bother me if my stomach growls--and it's a much less embarrassing noise than passing gas would be. >< I don't try to stop it--I just drink some water.

Posted

Drink lots of water