Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tiny Black Spot on Lip?

16 posts in this topic

Posted

I have a very tiny black spot on my lower lip. It doesn't hurt and it's not a lump, just a spot (I wouldn't know it's there without if I didn't check the mirror). I wonder if it's normal to have something like that on your lip? I reckon it's a mole, but I just find it strange that it's there on my lip. I bite my lips a lot also, it's a habit since forever. My lips are also not in a good condition as they're very dry now and peeling off too. Could that be it?

I think it's been there longer too because I can remember vaguely noticing it but didn't think much of it because it's so small. It's hardly noticeable, but I do wonder if it's harmful.

Posted

You mean like the one Lindsay Lohan has? I don't know what they're called, but it's perfectly normal.

28b8zrr.png

Posted

omg, i have one too!

i could never find out what it was though!

Posted

i have one as well. i believe it's a mole due to sun damage. another reason that it's important to wear chapstick with SPF! :)

Posted

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Posted

man, a mosquito bit me on the lip when i was younger and it's STILL a bit discolored there to this day. at least it's not super noticeable though!

Posted

yeah my friend didnt have one and out of nowhere she had one of those last year.

it's probably because you don't wear spf on your lips.

here read this:

Gloss can invite skin cancer

Posted

My friend's sister has one on her bottom lip. It's not super noticeable unless you stand pretty close to her.

More people probably have it than you think. If it hasn't been giving you problems, it's probably just a spot.

Posted

I have one too on my lower lip. I wanted to know where did it come from I used to think i am a strange one to have it on the lip, but i guess not now haha. My lip is very dry most of the time unless i use chapstick. It doesn't bother me.

Posted

If it's relatively small and under the surface of the skin and doesn't change in anyway, it's probably just a harmless mole. Hey, maybe it's even a 'Beauty Mark' you've never noticed before. :] However, if it does change or causes things like irritation and you are sincerely worried, you should see a doctor. I doubt it's anything severe like melanoma, though

Posted

I have the exact same thing on my lower lip! I thought it was a mole because I never really go out in the sun (so it can't be from sun damage). Looking at my baby pictures, I don't see it there either. I suppose it just popped up somewhere around high school.

Posted

I thought I was the only one. One day I woke up and had a black spot on my lower lip.

Posted

I have one too, on my lower lip. And it was because one time i cracked my lips and it bleed but i sorta didn't let it bleed through and my lip healed and the blood sorta plated inside my lip. i have a slight deficiency with iron so i get chapped lips often. i was laughing too hard so it broke =_= my cousin (plastic surgeon) said it could be removed and it's not really a big deal.

Posted

its more normal than you though. i have it too and mine its noticiable u_u curious thing, everyone have it

on the lower lip.

Posted

I have one too, on my lower lip. And it was because one time i cracked my lips and it bleed but i sorta didn't let it bleed through and my lip healed and the blood sorta plated inside my lip. i have a slight deficiency with iron so i get chapped lips often. i was laughing too hard so it broke =_= my cousin (plastic surgeon) said it could be removed and it's not really a big deal.

same here. mine seems to be getting a bit more noticeable through the years -_- trying to avoid touching my lips now. I had a a very habit of picking/biting my lips and one time it started bleeding pretty bad and i stopped touching it for a couple of days. The blood plated inside my lip after it healed so im assuming thats what it is.

Posted

i've seen ppl have it on their upper lip too

i have no idea wht it is..just a spot. looks cute on some ppl =)