Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

large framed girls

0 posts in this topic

Posted

still look fat?
getting so discouraged ==

I'm an endomorph, and i don't lose weight easily So i've been doing a really hard diet (limited carbs, more protein and vegetables etc.) and also working out everyday for at least 2 hours. i've been having almost NO results for the past month (and i'm getting discouraged)

everyones been saying that i have huge bones and that i won't get any thinner/look any skinnier.

any large framed/big boned (is there such a thing as big boned?) girls want to share their experience in "looking thin" ??

Posted

I totally feel ya.

I think I was born big-boned or something, well I've never really been skinny. I was like 8 pounds and 12 ounces when I was born, I think.

Of course, I have a lot of fat on my body but I have A LOT of muscle too. Especially on my legs. And I've only done pom and soccer for one year like 3 years ago.. Other than that, I've really done no other physical activity.

My torso is really small though, I wear a Small on top. I have like a pear body.. My legs and down is so big >:[ even my ankles are really big, even though they are just bone!

I'm on a diet though, it's been 3 weeks and I've lost 6 pounds.. but I don't look that different.

ANYWAYS I'm not a successful story (hopefully I'll have one soon) but I just wanted to encourage you to keep on going, don't get discouraged with what others say ^^

Posted

if you can't see your ribs, then you're doing something wrong....or at least you can lose a lot more weight

cutting carbs includes cutting sugary things. soda, fruit, uh...juice...um...i dunno...other stuff.

but...i see a lot of people just sit around in a gym for two hours not really doing anything....walking on the treadmill...etc...but they don't get any results. when you step into the gym, you've gotta get the lead out!!!!!!!

Posted

Pace on treadmill doesn't matter. What matters is the heartrate.

I'm big boned.

I don't look fat though. I'm just heavy and not petite looking.

I asked someone one time how tall do they think i am and how much do they think i weigh.

Answer I got was 5'5" and 125 pounds. This is a typical answer I get.

I'm actually 5'2.5" and 143 pounds.

I'm just big boned, heavy boned whatever. and yes i can see my ribs easily.

Whats sad is that girls who are really tall and big boned are thought to be fat. But you see that they have a flat stomach it's just that because they're taller and more full looking, people think whoa ogre!

Posted

my friends big boned... not fat not skinny, but looks slim?

she has a lot of muscle on her

neways she gets lots of guys hehe always got someone chasin her..

Posted

I'm big boned.

I asked someone one time how tall do they think i am and how much do they think i weigh.

Whats sad is that girls who are really tall and big boned are thought to be fat. But you see that they have a flat stomach it's just that because they're taller and more full looking, people think whoa ogre!

That last part is so true! I was in Thailand and trying on a jacket; the sleeves and waist fitted, but it was too short. My shorter friend who weighed just the same as me was okay to try it on according to the lady at the shop though. Moreover, she insisted that I try on a Large-Xtra Large... I am 5'7" and 124lbs! And I fit into size 0-2 dresses. ><

As for the weight loss part: Try doing new exercises and changing your eating patterns. Once your body gets used to a workout routine or diet, your weight will just plateau. So incorporate something new every 1-2 weeks. Also, do interval training - this will jack up your heart rate and up your metabolism. NO JOKE!

I used to be almost 160lbs. Then ever since I started doing yoga and just changing my life style, I moved into my 120s. When I obsessed the least about my weight, I was actually the most successful. And I never feel deprived. Today I just went to Round Table Pizza buffet and now I am having tea with cheesecake. Of course I am gonna go to the gym later too though just cuz I like to exercise and get my body moving.

Good Luck! And just let it come, don't stress about it. :)

Posted

Eating a lot of proteins doesnt make you lose weight lol.

because when you don;t eat enough carbs, your body will convert protein into energy so they are used up just like carbs (instead of helping you build muscle).

You just have to eat little and before you do anything that require a lot of energy eat carbs. And fruits are not good for weight loss due to high sugar contents. SO having a veggie + fruit diet isnt so great..

As for big framed, you just need to dress so you appear slim. I guess.

Posted

I'm big boned.

omg! me too! about like how people guess that you're 125 but in reality your 143... same same same situation! so annoying how theres nothing we can do about it :(

Posted

someone said the saaaaaame thing to me and I was roughly the same weight/height as you. that made me feel like "okay, well if I look normal.. I am normal."

honestly.

I used to think I was "large framed," "big boned" (I really am, but not big to the point where I can excuse myself from being fat), "muscular" (AS IF), etc.

I've lost weight since then, and now I've got my skinny friends saying how jealous they are of my tummy =v= (I've still got to work on the legs)

I used to neeeeeeever be able to imagine myself with a normal body, normal legs, or even being able to wear no sleeves without feeling self conscious

after taking action, I don't need to imagine anymore. I can just look in the mirror

Posted

actually i'm pretty muscular. I'm not skinny or at the 8% body fat washboard stomach. but i'm not fat.

I work in a restaurant and do alot of heavy lifting. Not trays, because those concentrate on a different muscle but i lift and stack plates in my arms as much as i can. I can pick up a 150 pound person no sweat. Carry them, so long as i have no heels on. I ain't no dainty girl.

Behold my awesome calves. Thats right, no cankles!

25255_393136834920_513139920_3652422_3853298_n.jpg

25255_394846744920_513139920_3689697_1604794_n.jpg

This photo was taken about a week and a half ago

So yes. I AM big boned. Broad shouldered. Have a presence about myself, whatever.

Posted

^i was gonna say, those people who think you're 5'5" are blind, cuz three inches is quite a distance to seem to be.

but you do look 5'5"

Posted

its rare to be big boned

you can be 'thick' and have broad shoulders and stuff but not big bones you're just naturally stockier

but its just a month. keep doing it. sometimes it takes people a few months to see results

and a couple of years or so to get to your ideal weight and measurements.

Posted

Big boned.. more like.. hmm. big frame.

For an asian girl, I'm considered a giant. 5'8 and.. extremely athletic

Broad shoulders, muscular calves, toned arms. yums.

i don't look fat, but compare to the petite 5'3 asian chicks 100 lbs. i am. LE GIANT.

but. i have embraced the fact that I will never be able to become an iconic petite asian.

I refuse to stop working out, playing sports, rowing(paddling) so I'm never going to let my muscles just waste away.

Being healthy is much more important than trying to look a certain way. it's something everybody has to get over- looking a certain way.

and about the not seeing results. maybe with clothes on you look the same- but you should check out the definiton of your body. one month.. is nothing. haha. I think after ATLEAST 3 months..you'll see some results.. and with a long time ahead, you'll soon be satisfied with the way you are. TIME. EFFORT. consistency! good luck.

Posted

if you're just "big boned" or "large framed" then it is always possible to loose weight and look skinny.

now, if you're the type thats "genetically" chubbier, then that's different.

for example. son dam bi has big bones. but shes really skinny so she looks pretty darn good. but if u look closely her shoulders are REALLY wide.

i would suggest that you let an experienced dieter take a look at what you're eating and what type of exercise you do.

why? because i think you're like me. i have the same problem as you. i have a big frame (average height), and a slow metabolism so i gain weight really easily, and up until last month i thought i'm the type that can never look skinny or lose weight but i got tips from people who were successful at losing weight and i'm starting to see changes. (8 ibs lost in about 5 weeks!) its true that its hard but i think its definetly possible.

it might be what you're eating and your exercise habit. you really have to commit. i cut down my calorie intake 600 and exercise at least 6 out of the 7 days in a week, which consisted of at least 1 hour of running daily.

Posted

my best friend, she's big boned and told me that if she gets anymore skinnier, she won't be that pretty because her shoulders will look rly wide compared to the rest of her body :o

Posted

I'm similar, 5'1" and 140, but I DO look fat-ish :/ I'm very active, I played volleyball and basketball and now I'm playing ultimate frisbee, but I've been at this weight for almost 4 years now. Its so frustrating!

Why do bodies have to be so complicated? lol.

Posted

ahh! i get the same response and i'm the same height.. like "you must be 120-125" but in reality i fluctuate from 140-145.. TT

although i'm down to 138 now. it annoys me so much when people go "holy mini cooper she looks 140" and i'm like 140 and look nothing like that.. i think asians have it in their mind set that 120+ is fat and 100 below is ideal. -____-

i really don't understand people who are 5'2 and like 110 calling themselves fat.

Posted

getting so discouraged ==

I'm an endomorph, and i don't lose weight easily So i've been doing a really hard diet (limited carbs, more protein and vegetables etc.) and also working out everyday for at least 2 hours. i've been having almost NO results for the past month (and i'm getting discouraged)

everyones been saying that i have huge bones and that i won't get any thinner/look any skinnier.

any large framed/big boned (is there such a thing as big boned?) girls want to share their experience in "looking thin" ??

it depends on what u eat how much...

n i think ur exercising way too much... more doesnt = good

if ur eating too less... ur bodi will goi into starvation and u wont lose weight

n also depends on wat type of exercise u do.. ur bodi mite have adapted...

Posted

In my health notes, it says that if you're an endomorph there are a couple of ways to improve your shape.

1. long distance, low impact exercise

2. adding a little upper body strength training can help balance out a bottom heavy shape.

3. skate, walk or cycle (30-45 min) 3-5 times a week

4. Lift weights, 8-12 reps, 1-3 sets, 2-3 times a week.

hope that helps a bit :)

Posted

So yes. I AM big boned. Broad shouldered. Have a presence about myself, whatever.

Judging from your picture, you're not big boned or broad shouldered at all. You look like a perfectly healthy, proportional small/at best medium sized person (though I see small). Nowhere near big boned. Have you ever seen someone with a ribcage that's 38 inches, with no fat on them? THAT's big boned. Women with broad shoulders always look a bit masculine-bodied (aka their shoulders are very much wider then everything below, giving them that base-up triangle look), it's very obvious your shoulders are perfectly feminine.

No offence, but it's not cool when perfectly normal people exagerate their (imaginary) flaws, I see it all the time here with fatness (posts where someone claims to be fat, bemoaning it, and calling themseves the ugliest names, and then they post a pic and they're normal, or even very skinny). Think of what it does to a person who actually IS big framed, and broad shouldered who reads the posts. She'll look at you and think, omg, if that's big framed, I'm a monster!