Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

100th Day Celebration for Couples (korean)

11 posts in this topic

Posted

... any different from a regular anniversary? o.o
hiii

I tried googling this topic but surprisingly there wasn't much info i could find =/

I know that Korean people celebrate being together 100 days because that's a very important date, much like the 100 days of a child being alive is considered to be a very important thing.

But how different is it from a regular relationship anniversary? is it closer in importance to a one month anniversary? a year?

I want to celebrate with my boyfriend, we're both Korean American but neither of us know what to do really.. lol

i'm sure a nice meal together and spending time are a given... but what else? A card? certain kind of gift??

please help!

i'm sorry if a similar topic has been posted before =/

Posted

hmm or i guess a better way to ask is:

what did YOU do for your 100 day anniversary? :wub:

any input would be highly appreciated~~ thanks in advance <333

Posted

imo 100th day is a waste of time

it's not even worth celebrating, its not like you've been together for one year or 10 years

it's another ploy to get people to waste time and money

another occasion to receive gifts bleh

but from what i've seen its just like how you go about any other anniversary

Posted

i dont do it... everyday is a normal day in my relationships haha besides birthdays and the real anniversary =]

im not rich, nor can i come up with a lot of things to make.

Posted

I do believe there's already a thread for this topic.

Posted

^

yes, there is.

i'm too lazy to find it though ^_^

my bf says 'no, you're not Korean, it doesn't apply to you'

so no...it doesn't apply to our relationship

Posted

imo 100th day is a waste of time

it's not even worth celebrating, its not like you've been together for one year or 10 years

it's another ploy to get people to waste time and money

another occasion to receive gifts bleh

but from what i've seen its just like how you go about any other anniversary

Thats what you think,Even though its true that its something so consumers can keep buying somestuff for events, but so is Valentines day. Many people think its very special. Its pretty important to many koreans.

^

yes, there is.

i'm too lazy to find it though ^_^

my bf says 'no, you're not Korean, it doesn't apply to you'

so no...it doesn't apply to our relationship

And you dont neccessarily have to be korean to celebrate 100th day. It could be your own little thing with your s/o.

Nonchristians celebrate christmas. lol you know?

And to the original post. How is it different? It not really. Its just a celebration, a regular anniversary. its more like 3 months anniversary.

My boyfriend is totally white-washed, and we're both korean-americans. He doesnt really pay attention to 100th days. but I wanted to give him something so i knitted him a scarf and baked him cookies. lol

What do you want to do for 100th day... anythin applies. you can just hang out with him for the day. and or give him a gift. Just make the day special!

Hope i helped somehow.

Posted

thank you guys~

i do kinda agree that the 100 day could be a 'waste' unless you think of it otherwise.

i think i kinda expected like a small gift from my boyfriend, but instead of just expecting something and not getting anything, i just told him i was thinking more of small gifts kinda.. like i'm gonna get him a card and i'm not sure what else.

i think the 100 day is a lot better than doing the one month anniversary thing because it's not as soon so there's been more time for the relatioship to grow~

thanks once again, i'm gonna try to get excited about celebrating it even though i'm a bit heisitant on what i should do, heh~

Posted

1257308920964.jpg

Posted

100 days is basically 3month anniversary ~

I never even heard of it until I saw korean dramas ~ actually...no until I went on to Soompi

but its just a regular anniversary ~ I know DBSK said they celebrate 100 then 200 then 300 ~ which is basically 3 months, 6months and a year ~ O_O

So its just a normal anniversary ~ maybe give eachother small gifts ~ etc