Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Student Rides Helicopter To School In Guangdong

54 posts in this topic

Posted

Lucky or what?
Sorry, if it's already been posted. Click here for video: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/niUXdosYCLw/

4597090714helicopter.jpg

This video grab, released on Tuesday, July 14, 2009, shows a student traveling to school by helicopter in Dongguan, in south China's Guangdong Province. [Photo: Guangzhou Daily]

Recently, a video showing a middle school student travelling to school by helicopter in Dongguan, in south China's Guangdong Province, has been doing the rounds of the Internet.

In the video the helicopter lands on a playground where the student gets out and makes a dash for the teaching building.

Thousands of people were absorbed by the footage and it soon became a popular topic for discussion.

Some doubted the authenticity of the event while others just saw it as quirky. The school confirmed that the helicopter ride occurred two years ago but just happened once. It's been reported that the student hardly ever flaunted his wealth in school, while his parents claim that they had no choice but to choose the helicopter as transportation that day due to heavy traffic.

Source: http://english.cri.cn/6909/2009/07/14/1461s501282.htm

----

This just reminds me of something you would see in dramas.

Posted

whoa! what a lucky kid. remind me bof. lol

Posted

Yeah, totally, reminds me of boys over flowers..............rich kid

Posted

wow. same thing happened in Richie Rich. >.<

Posted

That's my husband right there.

Posted

Haha at least he doesn't show it off.

Posted

lol. bet the girls would be.

OMG, should've went out with this guy.

Posted

while his parents claim that they had no choice but to choose the helicopter as transportation that day due to heavy traffic.

Makes sense. I wish I could get a ride when I'm late for work. Screw all you land-dwellers!

Posted

I wonder how much a heli costs in China...

Posted

My first thought was Goo Joon Pyo in BoF haha! I want to ride to school in a heli!

Posted

My first thought was Goo Joon Pyo in BoF haha! I want to ride to school in a heli!

LOL! I second that! Rich kid...but it's his money, I don't see why other care so much.

Posted

Woohooo......it's not so bad to have heavy traffic when you have a helicopter to take you wherever you want to go! Lucky kid :lol:

Posted

Reminds me of one of those cliche shoujo manga, a genre that should never be emulated in real life. What a waste of resources.

Posted

this made me laugh hahaha, how the kid ran to class. but i hope now the kids wont only want to be his friends cause hes rich.. lol o-o

Posted

That's my husband right there.

Hahahaha, exactly what I thought!

But at first.. I thought he was just a random kid riding on the TAIL of the random helicopter haha, and just jumped down whenever.

Posted

I like the kid. He's not a show off.

Posted

LOL AHAHAH. Boys Before Flowers is the first thing came into my mind when I saw this.

Posted

^Me too! LOL. Interesting, I bet all the girls are trying to get with him now :P

Posted

Haha totally a typical manga story, the rich kid shows up to school in a helicopter.

However, I don't understand why it is such big news.

Posted

:o

if only he's few years older....