Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Do You Hide Your Shoelace Knot The Right Way? OOOOOH~

33 posts in this topic

Posted

(Example pics of what I mean)
I was wondering if anyone knows how the shoes in these pics hide their shoelace knot in front. All you see is the strings and you don't see the part where the shoelace is tied up. Do they just tie them behind the little pad? Do they not tie their shoes and just tuck them in somewhere? I just bought some skate shoes and want to make my shoelaces look like that too but I somehow feel that I'm not doing it right. What I'm doing is tieing the shoe behind the little pad but I don't know, you can kinda see it showing a bit when I walk around.

So I want my shoelaces to look like this:

img16369hh.jpg

b000a0j5j201a14lk0zxsu0xonaa28.jpg

freestyleshop1896229818148wh.gif

Instead of having it tied in front like these:

skateboardshoesdccourt1sl.jpg

1144103570blackwhitepd2lp.jpg

Thanks for the help!

Posted

I tie mine under the tongue and it works fine.

Posted

all they do is tie it behind the tonuge.. and thats how i do mines and it works so yea

Posted

the real way to hide it is just wear the shoe untied !

Posted

you can just tie it underneath the flappy thing

Posted

what i do is to tie a dead knot under the tongue, right where the underside shoelace hole is (make sure it is real 'dead' a knot) and cut the remaining lace. it's more convenient that way, you can just slip into your shoes without fussing over your shoelace knot

Posted

yeah... i tie mine behind the tounge.... :mellow:

theres really nothing tricky about it

Posted

^Yup, when you string your shoes, instead of making it thread from inside to outside, do it from out to in. I tie a double knot since the tongue of my shoes is sort of high. Or, you can tie it once and put the remaining parts on each sie of ur foot. It may feel a bit uncomfortable though.

Posted

i mostly wear forces .. and those laces are MAD LONG.. so i tie a big bow.. den i tuck one on each side.. :]

Posted

i don't tie mine....i used to just stuff it under the tongue.

but all those extra strings are really making me uncomfortable in the shoes, so i just tie them up into a single bow in the front.

Posted

Just tie it under the tongue.. and make sure to tuck it under there.

and voila, there you go..

Posted

sometimes when i try to put it under the tongue..it gets loose and falls off or is too uncomfortable

Posted

tie them and then pull it to the back. :D be sure to double knots or else it falls off too quick

Posted

I just tie the knot under the tongue. It's not that hard.

Posted

I dont tie mines at all. My shoes string arent that long so yeah.. The plastic part just sticks outta the hole.

Posted

I don't even tie my shoe laces, I just tuck them under the tongue.

Posted

well for my dc's i keep my shoe laces untied and on both sides of the shoe you'll see a flap.. i just tuck the shoe laces in there.

i think that is the right way..

i know hwat you mean about tying the shoelace behind the tongue looks kinda gay.. so yeah..

Posted

ohhh there's a site:

http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/knots.htm

i have a pair of vans that i tie and the laces end up like the ones in the pictures (but i already had them tied like that when i bought them).

Posted

I tie it behind the tongue. It gets annoying because when you slip your foot in, you might be stepping on top of the tied shoelace. Kind of hard to describe, but I like fluffpuff's idea.

Posted

I just tie it at the front and pull it loose a little bit then pull the it behind the tongue.