Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Braces..Does it effect your face shape?? how??

64 posts in this topic

Posted

Does braces effect your face shape?? how??

Posted

umm not really...for me it only affects my lips as it people tell me that i pout more when i have braces...O_o but i dont think it affects your face shape.

Posted

That pout could be a little cute.

Posted

braces can stick out of hte mouth .. for someppl

Posted

when i wore braces a lot of people noticed that my face got smaller/thinner, like i used to be chubby on the face i guess

Posted

for me - it didn't affect me at all..except for that little pout,/..

Posted

haha yup the pout. i think braces only affect your face shape if you have to have teeth removed.

Posted

it can affect the jawline my orthos said something like that

i cant recell it was 2 years ago -_-

he mention the braces can be used to push the teeth back so theres how it affects the jawline etc.

Posted

^yup. my bestfriend's jaw was not aligned. but she got it fixed though braces.

Posted

when i got my braces out, my mouth did look different, probably because there wasn't metal at the back of my lips^^

Posted

yes.

a little pouting :) I'm having it noww, ahhh. but u'll get used to it and adjust urself.

And another point, most people who have braces tend to tone down a little in the beginning as they lose a little weight cause the initial stage of fixing a braces is hell. Can't eat at all, therefore the face shape will be a little sharper

Posted

I think my mouth seems bigger than it used to now that I have my braces off. But during when I wore them, it didn't affect me cuz I didn't see a major difference. But it affects some people with the pouting because the braces sticks out.

Posted

not the face shape, if your teeth protudes outward then braces will help them pull backwards...it's hard to explain...but I hope you got it ....

Posted

no...

for me it didnt make any diff..

Posted

Not really I richard simmons them for 3 years and I dident really have a problem (but I migth have to go bak in to them because of my wisdom teeth you know because they are screwing up my teeth) any who they really dont and they just migth affect her speech thats about it.

Posted

do you mean during or after braces? For many people (me, at least), face-shape was the POINT of getting braces. If i hadn't gotten them my lower jaw would be a foot in front of my face, but now I have a normal face...so yeah, since your jaw determines a large part of your face, I'd say for many people it DOES change your face shape....supposed to be in a good way though.

Posted

I hateddddddd my mouth when I had braces. I already have a natural pout so after I got braces, it looked horribleeeee. My mouth stuck out. :crazy: But they're off now so I'm good. ^_^

Posted

yeah the jawline. i had a cross bite so my jaw was more out and then i got braces and it kind of pushed my jaw in more.

Posted

your lips like stick out..its annoying.

Posted

right now my lips stick out a bit more...but no big difference.