Class Of 2011!

853 posts in this topic

Posted

One last stretch

Class of 2011!

Currently: Seniors!

Welcome to the Class of 2011 board!

Talk about school, SATs, colleges, applications, stress, or just rant about the torturous homework, projects, and essays that teachers make us do!

Don't be afraid to strike up any other conversations either! (:

Posted

Hahah, oh yesss, class of '11!

It's kind of scary knowing that we're almost done o_o SATs are next year... sigh. No more carefreeness anymore. Gotta enjoy the rest of this year! >:F

Posted

I just want the marking period to end. My teachers suck.

Posted

^ Yeah, I know right? Hengh, finals week was killer. It's weird how one grade can bring your whole average down. >>

Posted

Times sure flies! D:

Sometimes it's hard to find time to stop and smell the roses.

Posted

I just want sophomore year to be DONE! Although junior and senior year is grueling, at least there is some excitement to it. As of the moment, sophomore year is boring classes and boring year! Fantastic.

Posted

Times sure flies! D:

Sometimes it's hard to find time to stop and smell the roses.

I know what you mean! This year has been pretty crazy. =( ...and it's supposed to be the easiest year...ughh.

As of right now, I really hate school just because I've been so busy. @____@

I just want sophomore year to be DONE! Although junior and senior year is grueling, at least there is some excitement to it. As of the moment, sophomore year is boring classes and boring year! Fantastic.

Exactly! I can't wait until next year. I heard that it's the best year everr, but then there are SATs! Ahhh!

And senior year = senioritis! 8DD Yayyy!

Posted

I can't believe we're almost done xO I still remember the day when I entered Middle School. We're getting old people..=D

Wow, heh. No SATs for me, here in Europe =D But we probably get other difficult things instead >.>

Posted

I'm deathly afraid of junior year. I'm already so stressed out this year!

Posted

I can't believe we're almost done xO I still remember the day when I entered Middle School. We're getting old people..=D

Wow, heh. No SATs for me, here in Europe =D But we probably get other difficult things instead >.>

I know. :) It's crazy, but really, I can't wait until we're done with hs...-__-;

Gahh. Lucky! haha. What do you guys take over there?

Posted

Gosh. Next year is going to be

lots of work.

But I can't wait!

Time is going by sooo fast

isn't it?

Posted

I know. :) It's crazy, but really, I can't wait until we're done with hs...-__-;

Gahh. Lucky! haha. What do you guys take over there?

Well, correct me if I'm wrong. But you guys take SATs for good stats, in order to get in a good university, right? So basically to let people compare your stats with others (including your SATs score), so the people of the university can decide if you're qualificated for their university.

To finish your 6th grade year here, every pupil is obligated to take a big test (you can't learn really learn for it; it's based on your intelligence level). Based on that test score and the advice of the elementary school teachers, pupils are divided in divisions. The difference between those divisions are obviously the academic levels. I didn't add more details, because our education system is quit confusing >.<

Anyway, I'm in Gymnasium (the highest division you can get into) and this year we also have exams. That's because we have a couple of subjects that you're supposed to end this year, and some exams that count for your end grade after your graduation. Only with a Gymnasium diploma, you're allowed to directly attend an university for a bachelor degree.

Very rough explanation (=

Anyway, how are SATs? Can you learn for it? Is it compulsory to take those SATs? And what if you don't take them?

I was always curious about those SATs, and up until now, I still don't really get the hang of it (=

Posted

Well, correct me if I'm wrong. But you guys take SATs for good stats, in order to get in a good university, right? So basically to let people compare your stats with others (including your SATs score), so the people of the university can decide if you're qualificated for their university.

To finish your 6th grade year here, every pupil is obligated to take a big test (you can't learn really learn for it; it's based on your intelligence level). Based on that test score and the advice of the elementary school teachers, pupils are divided in divisions. The difference between those divisions are obviously the academic levels. I didn't add more details, because our education system is quit confusing >.<

Anyway, I'm in Gymnasium (the highest division you can get into) and this year we also have exams. That's because we have a couple of subjects that you're supposed to end this year, and some exams that count for your end grade after your graduation. Only with a Gymnasium diploma, you're allowed to directly attend an university for a bachelor degree.

Very rough explanation (=

Anyway, how are SATs? Can you learn for it? Is it compulsory to take those SATs? And what if you don't take them?

I was always curious about those SATs, and up until now, I still don't really get the hang of it (=

Wow. That's actually a pretty cool system. ^^; I kind of wish we had that over here. XD

Well the SAT is a giant cumulative/reasoning test. So you can study for it - which helps A LOT - and you can study some tricks that'll make the test a bit easier, but it really comes down to how much you understand the subject and how well you read...at least that's how I see it.

I've only taken the PSATs, which is supposed to be similar to the SATs, but shorter and the essay isn't included. The essay is supposed to be relatively easy and can be based on your own personal experiences (can you say make stuff up! 8D Woot!).

I'm not totally sure if that makes sense so don't take my word for it. XD

Gosh. Next year is going to be

lots of work.

But I can't wait!

Time is going by sooo fast

isn't it?

haha. It's just one step closer to senior year...which is one step closer to college. ;)

In a way time really is flying by, but...sophomore year is terrible! haha.

I mean, I'm older than the Frosh, but I'm still younger than everyone else! Feels like I'm getting no where. XD

Posted

Dang. Already through half of the year already. Haha.

Time sure flies~

I'm not looking forward to next year, with SATs and such. x___x

I'm already stressed out from this year, can't imagine how bad it's gonna be next year. xD

Posted

Dang. Already through half of the year already. Haha.

Time sure flies~

I'm not looking forward to next year, with SATs and such. x___x

I'm already stressed out from this year, can't imagine how bad it's gonna be next year. xD

Yeahh! I'm seriously stressing too!

I remember last year all the sophomores were telling me how easy sophomore year was, but it really isn't. ):

Posted

Yeahh! I'm seriously stressing too!

I remember last year all the sophomores were telling me how easy sophomore year was, but it really isn't. ):

Sophomore year is definitely harder than they made it sound.

One of my cousins, she's in college now. She was telling me how junior year was the worst year of her life and sophomore year wasn't bad at all.

This makes me really worried about next year, since I'm already stressing more than ever. >.<

Posted

So far Sophmore year is harder for me, just because i'm lazier than last year(i know, hard to believe)

But, i'm doing a lot more extracurricular stuff and hanging with new people so thats always fun.

Junior year is my trepidation (haha Sat vocab, prob used it in wrong context, o well)

Everyone who's older than we are are all saying "Enjoy your last year of freedom."

Which is the same thing they said when we were in 8th grade "Enjoy your last year of freedom."

-_-'

I heard college is a lot easier. Hell, my school's stressful in any grade. So i'm looking forward to all the VACATIONS!!!

Posted

Sophomore year is definitely harder than they made it sound.

One of my cousins, she's in college now. She was telling me how junior year was the worst year of her life and sophomore year wasn't bad at all.

This makes me really worried about next year, since I'm already stressing more than ever. >.<

Oiii. I know. =/

All of my friends, who are seniors this year, say that Junior is definitely harder than Sophomore year, but it's a lot more fun because of all the activities the Juniors do...at least over here. But who knows? Maybe Junior year will be harder, but more stress free...if that makes sense. :sweatingbullets:

I heard that senior year is craaazy though what with the huge workload and college applications. :unsure: I'm psyched to get senioritis though! Muahaha! I just hope I don't get it so badly that I get kicked out of my college. haha.

So far Sophmore year is harder for me, just because i'm lazier than last year(i know, hard to believe)

But, i'm doing a lot more extracurricular stuff and hanging with new people so thats always fun.

Junior year is my trepidation (haha Sat vocab, prob used it in wrong context, o well)

Everyone who's older than we are are all saying "Enjoy your last year of freedom."

Which is the same thing they said when we were in 8th grade "Enjoy your last year of freedom."

-_-'

I heard college is a lot easier. Hell, my school's stressful in any grade. So i'm looking forward to all the VACATIONS!!!

Gahh. I know. I'm so lazy now. =(

Yeah, this year I'm a lot more involved with the school...last year I only focused on sports and skipped all the clubs...Oops. haha.

Aww...=/ That's terrible! haha. I guess we just have to make the best of it, right? =)

Ahh! All my vacations are stressful. :( At least this winter vacay I don't have that much hw. 8D

Can't wait until this summer...I'll have a lot of hw and a lot of stuff to do, but at least I won't have to wake up early every morning. : )

Yeah, I heard that there's a lot of work for college, but you're doing classes that you enjoy and you have a lot more free time. 8D Sounds like my kind of life...or at least better than hs life. : )

Posted

YAY we finally have a thread haha

i am so done with sophomore year already -__-" and patiently waiting for summer lols

sophomore year is definitely harder than i thought it would be :[

i just want first semester to be over! but then second semester means having to worry about the AP test .__.

and PSATS O__O *dies*

Posted

YAY we finally have a thread haha

i am so done with sophomore year already -__-" and patiently waiting for summer lols

sophomore year is definitely harder than i thought it would be :[

i just want first semester to be over! but then second semester means having to worry about the AP test .__.

and PSATS O__O *dies*

Yeah, I can't wait for the summer break either. Thinking about junior year AND senior year makes me want to cry more >.>

But really. When I was in freshmen year, they told me sophomore year is really hard. And now I'm in a sophomore year, they tell me junior year is even harder >.>

Can't wait until college. Do you guys have a particulary college in their mind? Gah..Ivy League =D Too bad I'm not living in the states x\ However..even if I lived in the States..I wouldn't be able to get into those universities..>.>

Wow. That's actually a pretty cool system. ^^; I kind of wish we had that over here. XD

Well the SAT is a giant cumulative/reasoning test. So you can study for it - which helps A LOT - and you can study some tricks that'll make the test a bit easier, but it really comes down to how much you understand the subject and how well you read...at least that's how I see it.

I've only taken the PSATs, which is supposed to be similar to the SATs, but shorter and the essay isn't included. The essay is supposed to be relatively easy and can be based on your own personal experiences (can you say make stuff up! 8D Woot!).

I'm not totally sure if that makes sense so don't take my word for it. XD

Yes, it actually is a pretty cool system ^^ Because if we weren't divided in divisions, the people who aren't that smart will have trouble catching up with the classes. While people who are quite smart are getting bored because it's too easy for them. Don't you guys have that kind of situation over there?

Oh, ic. How long do you take to do those tests? Seems like they're giants tests O.O