Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vanilla Prepaid Mastercard

0 posts in this topic

Posted

is it available at any Shoppers Drug Mart

and

can you use it to buy items on YesAsia.com?

Posted

never heard of it

but if it's true

i would use it to buy

lots and lots of pie and BBT

Posted

is it available at any Shoppers Drug Mart

and

can you use it to buy items on YesAsia.com?

I've seen it at pretty much all SDMs. As far as I know, it works like a regular credit card, so it should work on YesAsia.com

Best of luck! I've used these before, so I guess if you want, feel free to ask me questions ^^

Posted

o.O I've never heard of these..?

Someone care to enlighten me? lol

Posted

Same. I'm interested in this O_O =)

Posted

yup, i've seen them at shoppers.

in 25/50/100

you pay for the amount + activation fees

Posted

I've seen it at pretty much all SDMs. As far as I know, it works like a regular credit card, so it should work on YesAsia.com

Best of luck! I've used these before, so I guess if you want, feel free to ask me questions ^^

i`ve placed an order at YesAsia using the card. have you used it on YesAsia before? if you have, how long does it take for them to verify the credit card?

Posted

yeah i got a 50 one for my bday from a guy friend.

i thought you werent able to use it online? :S

Posted

yeah i got a 50 one for my bday from a guy friend.

i thought you werent able to use it online? :S

you are (:

+I dont use Vanilla.

I go to Mac's Convenient Store to get prepaid credit cards instead.

Posted

Prepaid credit cards work just like regular credit cards. The only difference is that they don't build your credit, and realistically, they're more like instant debit cards.

Posted

There's one thing to watch for when using these. I'm not sure but they may only work in Canadian online stores, as things might get messy with international transactions...

Posted

i`ve placed an order at YesAsia using the card. have you used it on YesAsia before? if you have, how long does it take for them to verify the credit card?

I haven't, I never ordered anything from them actually. But it should verify instantly... although Vanilla's system seems to not be working well sometimes.

Posted

I haven't, I never ordered anything from them actually. But it should verify instantly... although Vanilla's system seems to not be working well sometimes.

yeah. i`ve heard that vanillas have a higher chance of being rejected. yesasia`s been verifying my vanilla card for almost 3 days now and they said it will be verified within 24 hours. my first time ordering from them and i`m already having negative thoughts about ordering from them again. =/

Posted

my cousin ordered some stuff on PlayAsia or something like that, it's basically YesAsia but for video games with a prepaid credit card and it worked for him

Posted

So there's mixed reviews on this. Nethertheless, it works. That's the only thing that matters right?

Posted

yeah. i`ve heard that vanillas have a higher chance of being rejected. yesasia`s been verifying my vanilla card for almost 3 days now and they said it will be verified within 24 hours. my first time ordering from them and i`m already having negative thoughts about ordering from them again. =/

I have see a prepaid VISA... maybe you can try it instead, but not too sure what you'll end up doing with the Vanilla.

Posted

I went to shopper's today but I didn't see any. Maybe it depends on location?

Posted

I went to shopper's today but I didn't see any. Maybe it depends on location?

Which location? I've seen 'em at many SDMs. I saw a VISA one at Metro (Warden/Finch) - used to be Dominion.

Posted

i know for sure they exist at the shoppers in Hamilton lol...if anyone resides there that is