Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Often Do You Use Face Mask?

0 posts in this topic

Posted

is it bad to "over-use" it?
Like the title says, how often do you use face masks?? My friend said its bad to use it too much if youre young because it will lose its effective-ness when you get older.

I use mine about twice a month because im afraid it will be too harsh on my skin. What about you guys? and if so, what kinds of masks do you use for your skin type?

Posted

I use mine every other day because all my pores are clogged and I've got oily skin. Haha.

If you do it a lot, it could be really harsh, especially if you're skin is sensitive.

And for me, I use Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque.

Posted

i use mine every 2 weeks , cause my cousin told me using it too much

isnt good for your skin ? but she never told me why ><"

and i use PureDerm green tea essence or the brightening mask

green tea to tighten up my pores , and brightening mask to give my skin a healthy glow

it always leaves my face soft and smooth , and it says this brand has whitening effects too

Posted

@Carmen: Is the mint julep mask good for acne too? My skins not too sensitive, its like combination/acne-prone.

@bebe: Yeah im not sure why its so bad either =/ but i sure hope its not really because it will lose effective-ness ><! That green tea mask sounds like it would be good~ im using a green tea mask too, but i havent used it enough to know how effective it is yet~~

I forgot to write it in my original post, im currently using this make: NARIS UP Natural Facial Pack (Green Tea Extract + AHA) its a japanese brand. I like it and it makes my skin really smooth afterwards. Maybe its because its a peel-off type, so it peels away all the dead skin??

Posted

I use mine like......twice a year. xD

The reason you shouldn't use it very much is because it's kind of harsh and dries out your skin (well...depending on what kind of mask you have). I believe you can use it once a week.

Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask is pretty good, but I find it a bit harsh. It really really cleans my skin, but it leaves it really dry. Like my face feels really tight after I use it, so I put on a light moisturizer after using it.

Posted

I use mine like......twice a year. xD

The reason you shouldn't use it very much is because it's kind of harsh and dries out your skin (well...depending on what kind of mask you have). I believe you can use it once a week.

Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask is pretty good, but I find it a bit harsh. It really really cleans my skin, but it leaves it really dry. Like my face feels really tight after I use it, so I put on a light moisturizer after using it.

Wow! twice a year! i thought i read that wrong at first XD haha

I dont think i could go so long without it..

I was kind of looking forward to getting the mint julep mask, but if its drying then i definitely must reconsider :X If my skin is too dry, my face will produce even more oil and then ill get more pimples x.x!

Posted

If you're using Queen Helen Mint Julep Mask, I suggest not to use it THAT often. The first time I used it, it gave me dry, peeling patches on my face so I got scared to use it afterward :x But I used it again after a long while and I'm fine with it now. Just don't use it that much since it is drying.

I use an aspirin mask everyday though since it's the summer and I have nothing else to do hahas. It's not drying to me and really helps with my pimples (:

Posted

Two masks i normally use is the skinfood rice mask wash off and Lush's Catastrophe cosmetic.

I use the rice mask every 2 weeks for moisture and Lush twice a week because it keeps my breakouts and redness down.

i don't think its good for your skin if u use masks more then 2+ a week, thats just my opinion though

Posted

If you're using Queen Helen Mint Julep Mask, I suggest not to use it THAT often. The first time I used it, it gave me dry, peeling patches on my face so I got scared to use it afterward :x But I used it again after a long while and I'm fine with it now. Just don't use it that much since it is drying.

I use an aspirin mask everyday though since it's the summer and I have nothing else to do hahas. It's not drying to me and really helps with my pimples (:

you shouldn't use an aspirin mask every day because your skin absorbs it and it goes into your blood stream so it's like popping a few pills a day.

Posted

I use masks about 2 times a week. It could be too drying if you use it too much.

Posted

using masks before ur 18 or so ages the skin i've been told

not sure tho but i guess it means everyday and abrasive ones

wow i tried the skinfood rice mask wen i was in hk and it sucked so bad loll

question- does the queen helene mask get rid of blackheads/whiteheads?

Posted

i use my face mask like once a year >_________< or if im getting ready for a REALLY SPECIAL EVENT :D haha

Posted

i guess if you use the green/clay/mud masks too much... they probably just dry out your skin.

if you want to use mask often or afraid it might be too harsh... there's also hydrating masks with vitamins. they're supposed to give skin nourishment and keep it from drying out. can't imagine how that'd be bad to use often. o_o

i usually use a mask 1-2 times a week. but i like to put it on before i go to sleep and keep it on til next morning. 30 min does nothing for my skin. keeping it overnight... i can really tell my pores get smaller and cleaner.

Posted

i use glacial marine mud every 2 days. i have oily skin and my representative said to use it that much. :)

Posted

once a week if i have the time.

otherwise, once every two weeks.

Posted

I use Missha's yogurt peel-off mask every other other day, or sometimes once a week. :mellow:

Posted

i use that mint julep masque too! i LOVE it. i use it like maybe once a week? iono, it kinda burns when i put it on, but afterwards my skin is so smooth and nice. and the product is only liek 3 bucks! <33

Posted

i have a ton of korean face masks that my family bought for me when they went to korea.

i dont use it that often though. but they make my face all soft. ;]

Posted

i use to use it every week, then

it became every 2 weeks

and now I'm making it once a month :)

I use mint julep too ;)

Posted

It depends. Sometimes I don't do at all If I am hardworking, I do like 3 times a week.

1) peel mask to get rid of black heads and white heads

2) deep cleansing mask to get rid of impurities and tightens pores

3) hydrating mask to restore moisture back to the skin

usually I do 1) and 2) together, then 3) the next night.