Rebby

[drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

25,292 posts in this topic

Posted

umm since this thread moves so fast, i couldn't really tracked which ones has been posted :X

anywaes. hopefully this hasn't been posted yet :)

their's a little bit of a spoilers and tells us when JP's fiancee will be out ^^

Lee Min Jung Threatened By Lee Min Ho Fans

Lee Min Jung will be KBS Boys Before Flowers latest reinforcement and secret weapon when she finally makes her entry in episode 13 next Monday. She will appear as Goo Joon Pyo's fiance, Han Jae Kyung and be the latest person to try and whip up some tension between Joon Pyo and Jandi somewhat fragile relationship.

While in Macau, Han Jae Kyung and Goo Joon Pyo are shocked by their parents who announced that they were getting engaged, not for love but for political (money, business) reasons. Lee Min Jung expressed, "I already received threats from Lee Min Ho fans, telling me not to marry Joon Pyo oppa. But more often than not, love becomes even more beautiful after it has been through some difficulties",

foreshadowing that Joon Pyo and Jandi will meet with some problems, but eventually it turns out to be happy ending.

Han Jae Kyung is the daughter of the JK Group CEO but is hardly the vicious evil woman that most would have imagined her to be. Rather, she is a reserved, composed woman. On the internet, Lee Min Jung is often labelled as the 2nd Kim Tae Hee, which goes to show how highly people think of her looks. But according to Min Jung, she isn't quite used to dolling herself up. She once bought a voucher that entitled her to 3 months of manicures. But despite frequent calls by them to remind her, she didn't quite make those trips down to get her manicures. For her role in Boys Before Flowers, Lee Min Jung had no hesitation in cutting her long hair of 10 years, showing her desire to do well for her scenes.

Thanks to her status as Goo Joon Pyo's fiance, Lee Min Jung has started to garner some popularity already despite her non-appearance in the drama yet. She expressed, "I was shocked when I was in Hong Kong last December. There were actually Koreans waiting at the airport for me, I was wondering how did they know about me and waiting for me there? It looks like I had already a bit of popularity then. I know expectations of me are very high and I am scared at disappoting those who expect something from me."

But since debuting in Love and Sympathy in 2005, Lee Min Jung has gradually grew into an accomplished actress over the years and thus she shouldn't have much to worry about not meeting the expectations of fans. Coincidentally, 16th February where episode 13 will be shown, is also Lee Min Jung's birthday. Min Jung expressed, "The broadcast of episode 13 will be a very good birthday present for me. I think I will be having beer while watching it."

source: coolsmurf@allkpop + AF

Posted

'sanaechan', I understand and agree with your view, the editing for episode 12 was choppy and not up to par. It's not easy to produce a drama that is high on demand and expect perfection, thus, there will always be criticism and complaints, as expected. We should just view the drama as it is, and enjoy it in a light hearted way, enjoy the gorgeous actors, enjoy the beautiful scenery, enjoy that's it just entertainment.

{hell... if Jun Pyo is gonna be half naked again, thru out the 2nd half of the drama .. I'll glue my self to the computer screen). :blush:

alright back to work!

Posted

hi, i've always been looking at all this thread throughout the whole time and I think ppl here are great!! But I've got a question, did the real goo junpyo aka lee min ho just left a message on soompi?? everyone fighting!! BOF fighting!!!

Posted

The person who is playing Ja Ha was very convincing, I felt for him when he was telling JD about his brother and about he would have thought other wise about taking revenge if he had gotten close to JD. Also I have never been a fan of GHS's acting but in this episode she alter my mind because of the scene of her watching JP getting beat up was very real. From the panic in her voice to her body movement, I thought that she carried that scene very well. And JP just broke my hear because under all that danger he still did not care about himself but only asked JD if she was hurt. YOU MELT MY HEART GO JUN PYO

Posted

hi, i've always been looking at all this thread throughout the whole time and I think ppl here are great!! But I've got a question, did the real goo junpyo aka lee min ho just left a message on soompi?? everyone fighting!! BOF fighting!!!

Hmm...probably not...but who know... ;)

Posted

'sanaechan', I understand and agree with your view, the editing for episode 12 was choppy and not up to par. It's not easy to produce a drama that is high on demand and expect perfection, thus, there will always be criticism and complaints, as expected. We should just view the drama as it is, and enjoy it in a light hearted way, enjoy the beautiful actors, enjoy the scenery, enjoy that's it just entertainment.

{hell... if Jun Pyo is gonna be half naked again, thru out the 2nd half of the drama .. I'll glue my self to the computer screen). :blush:

alright back to work!

Totally agree with that...i know this week episodes kinda rushed, but i still enjoyed them so much. if they explained every detail, maybe it would take more than one hour for each episode..huhu...(even 2hours is better! more bof for us! :D ) Compared to these little jumps...im more concern about nex week jump. cant wait!

Posted

the way its made is only asking to be compared with the other versions because the japanese one was literally FLAWLESS.

really? I watched one clip of it and couldn't go on.

The Korean version is the best out of the three, hands down.

Posted

really? I watched one clip of it and couldn't go on.

The Korean version is the best out of the three, hands down.

omg i sooo agree :D

Posted

Episode 11 Commentary. DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN!

I seem to be at a place where I'm tired of the story always justifying Jun Pyo's asshattery. He just starts throwing punches at Jae Ha without any evidence that he was doing something bad. Jae Ha mentioned that he must have zero confidence in his girlfriend, and I must agree with this. And it's that jumping the gun that makes Team Jun Pyo too unbearable for me.

I liked how Jandi whipped out Ji Hoo's quote about no separation between "worlds," as long as you're looking in the same direction. I was also pretty pleased that Ji Hoo told Jandi to not make him regret giving her up to Jun Pyo. I've been regretting that ever since she chose to give him up. <_<

Oh, well. That photoshoot was seriously sexy. (VAMPIRES! ♥) And Eui Chul...well. I just can't hate him. Jun Pyo has already reserved all of my disgust and anger for himself. But, good news! SoEulmate scenes next ep! I'm gonna wait till all the scenes are subbed before I watch. Yi Jung/Ga Eul, fighting! (Plus...is this the ep with the hot Chinese friend of Ji Hoo?!)

Posted

alright back to work!

haha i agree with you, denise31. i don't care if JP is going to be half-naked for only 30sec, i'm going to stick myself on the monitor screen until the end of the episode. he really has a great 6-abs body, make me fall-in love with Lee Min Ho.. :sweatingbullets:

Posted

If the staff of BOF really takes opinions and criticism into consideration, I seriously hope a lot of people will complain about ep 12 and how poorly it was cut. It was horrible this time. The transitions where like Meteor Garden-bad, but that one was shot 8 years ago. When JD had hotcakes with JH and suddenly they were skiing, I thought my player had jumped ahead.

Not looking forward to next Monday and Tuesday as I've been so far :(

Yeah, I have to agree with this. I have been content with the drama despite its flaws, because i know that they have to deal with a lot to stay faithful to the manga as well as pack it into 24 hours, but episode 11 and 12 were just too much. There are about 35 volumes in the manga, and generally every episode up till 9 has been an okay translation from the original despite the fact they would have about 2 volumes worth of plotlines in 1 to 2 episodes. Tonight's, I thought, was like packing almost 6 volumes in one. And it cost the quality, quite badly. Even the actors and actresses I had depended on to bring back quality could not defend the series from the intensity of suck of the editing.

I actually thought that, with the bias I have, that episode 11 was unlikeable because there was not enough of Junpyo goodness for me, but even with a lot of it in 12, i couldn't bring myself to like the episode. Even though there are a lot of unrealistic events in the manga I thought it was always handled with a lot of level-headed writing and more importantly, depth. It really seems like the production team doesn't seem to care about the product they are putting out, just as long as it get out on time and people watch it.

FOR EXAMPLE: Makino, after seeing Junpei get beat up, DOES say that Tsukasa's power and actions suffocate her, but it's with a lot of rather infelicitous things happening up till that point that she expresses that she's fed up. (and I could relate why she said that in that situation). But when Jandi says it in episode 11, it seems like it hasn't even been a week since they promised each other they won't run away from one another (I know they were saying it in response to the mother evil, but it's still a statement of commitment). It's almost as if they didn't even care what happened previously, as long as the line is the same as the manga. I think little things like that, if taken care of to even out the situation more rationally, could prevent the series from getting the criticisms it's been getting.

also I am crossing my fingers that there will be a separate place in the series for the Junpyo-lookalike (Amon), because I thought that was the second most important part in Hana Yori Dango. If they dealt with it so that JaeHa is both Junpei and Amon, I will be very sad... Pessimistic me is thinking that they might have done that.. because JaeHa says that she belongs with his world, which is what Amon convinced her in the manga, but UGH it was done so much more beautifully and reasonably...

Hopefully though, the macao scenes will be better because they have been shot a while ago and they've had a long time to perfect it. It's probably going to be hard for me to suspend my belief when they have the hair they did in the beginning of the series, but hell, it was hard for me to sit through episode 11 anyway. I'm just going to tell myself that 11 and 12 did not fare well because they have been shooting these episodes until like the day before broadcast, and since it is not the case for 13 and 14 that it will be much better.

Posted

PHEW!!!

I have managed to pull off 1.5 days without BOF!! It was horrible. :( And my heart was cracked for the most part. I had papers and midterms to write and study for. But now they're done with!!! I have to catch up with ep11 and ep12. I extremely missed you BOFers and being immersed into insightful discussions of this drama haha.. :blush: I used to complain about the spoilers... but golli, i looooove them.. I will be giving my late 2 cents once i finish the episodes..

But wow... it seemed like so much has happened already! Thank you all for the lovely pictures and screencaps. And summaries.. i haven't read them yet.xD But i just wanted to say i missed this thread and tried very hard to stay away. Thanks for all your contributions.* ^_^ * You don't know the struggle i went through to stay away..^^ will hope to never have to do it again.=__=

Posted

I'm wondering if we read the same HYD manga here? JD/Makino are strong women, but they're also teenagers and they're human... they have weaknesses and flaws and can't be strong amazons all the time. If they were, I doubt they would even need JP/Tsukasa in their lives. And I really don't know how anyone could expect JD to do anything with her being all tied up like that. What would you like her to do? Head-butt Jae ha and his gang, making matters worse? Inoue Mao's Makino was in the exact same scenario (she did nothing but look on), but at least with JD, I felt how emotionally devastated she was seeing JP beaten like that.

Mao portrays the character as a stronger girl. GHS makes everything seem more laughable and like a joke.

I was getting pissed off watching this episode, because she is suppose to be a strong girl but looks vulnerable all the time.

Posted

:blink:

Did the F4 receive martial arts training?

LMFAO.

I can't get over how So Yijung fights while still having his hand inside his pockets. Like taking a stroll through the park and knocking some guys out along the way.

Posted

i didnt see the hospital scen when JP injur and he petending die infrond of JD? i didnt see that >< or they cut that scen out?? i am wrong?

anyone pls tell me ehhe >< thankz u.

Posted

I've been reading 2 pages of disappointment. During a 'little intense' argument among members, some fangirling's comments existed "Jun Pyo is soooo hotttt", made me laugh so hard :lol:

But anyway, I would like to make a little comment. I think we should forgive the last 2 epis., considered it's been made sort of rush. As you know, they did the scene at the last minutes. And the film editors got it at the last minute as well. I'm pretty sure those poor people probably stayed up all night to finish editing those epis. before it airs. Job can't be done very well when you're lack of sleep, right?

It's probably the time line that Group 8 made was a little bit off (I mean their schedule was a bit messed up). From the fans managed to swarm the setting, the accidents, maybe bad weather, or probably BOF film crews got sick, etc., and I'm pretty sure lots of unexpected things probably happened that fans didn't know about. As a result, they did everything at the last minutes. I felt sorry for them... :( .

The question is .. Can fans forgive them?

We know Macau's scene was finished filming a couple months ago. So, hopefully, the editing job will be a lot better than epi 11 or 12. Just keep your faith in BOF!

Posted

REALLY LOVE BOYS OVER FLOWERS!!!

DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT FLAWS AND EXPECTIONS!!! I JUST LOVE IT!!!

Posted

i didnt see the hospital scen when JP injur and he petending die infrond of JD? i didnt see that >< or they cut that scen out?? i am wrong?

they already showed that in episode 8, unlike in the manga, the scene was used to kinda re-join F4 together to show that jun pyo and ji hoo were friends again and then to re unite jun pyo with jandi!! i kinda wished they stuck to the original plot like the manga- but i still enjoyed the korean version of it!!

Posted

Do you mean this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILKLkfcf-4w...re=channel_page (starting @ 2:54 mark)?

Posted

:blink:

Did the F4 receive martial arts training?

LMFAO.

I can't get over how So Yijung fights while still having his hand inside his pockets. Like taking a stroll through the park and knocking some guys out along the way.

And notice that Jihoo only had one of Jaeha's arms twisted, Jaeha didn't do anything with his other arm, lols. What? Did he suddenly forget had had it?