Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the best way to slim down on the side of the waist?

25 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone??
Is there any specific excercise that can help slim down the side of the waist besides situps??

Posted

jumproping? hula hoop?

Posted

^ ya i've heard jumproping && hula hoop is said to have the greatest effects..thats what i heard from people on other threads

ahh... i need to get rid up of the fat on the sides of my waist..BLEH

Posted

i did this exercise when i had aerobics in gym that helps with the sides of your waist. basically you lie down on the floor with your knees bent. so you`re feet will be on the floor and your knees are facing up...and then you lift up your head/neck and you move for hands side to side touching your feet. for example if you move to your right you would use your right hand to touch the side of your right foot..and do the same for the left. get it ? hahas..sorry if it`s confusing.

also..hula hoops helps too.

Posted

hoola hoop with a heavy hoola hoop and belly dance.

Posted

hula hoops as in.. the korean kinds with the spikes or just regular hula hoops will do the job?

Posted

If u wanna get the korean one thats fine *I have one* but as long as its heavy. If the hoop is heavy it takes more work to move it, so its more effective. but also try belly dancing its awesome!

Posted

is there a way to make a regular hula hoop heavier?

Posted

read on here a girl put rice in heres.. but it poped open and rice got every where..

Posted

THe bumpy hoola hoops work :)

Posted

if you are talking about the plastic ones, that have water inside, just open it and add more water, but seal it tight...thats what i did haha XD

Posted

i have a question...does holahoops only make yur waist slim or does it make yur stomach flat too?

Posted

open it & add marbles.

thea__, i think hulahoops slim your waist. maybe you could jumprope too if you want to make your stomach flat.

Posted

hmmm... intresting. I have a hoola hoop at home, but it's those very light one where u just play around. I never knew there were soo many different kinds of hoola hoops. thanks for the advice.

Posted

hula hoop & belly dancing! but then u should use those bumpy hula hoops instead of those regular thin ones.

Posted

i used to read seventeen magazine for their workouts every month (tho i'd only do one move -_-;;)

basically you put your hands behind your head and you move your elbow while lifting your knee at the same time... like a side crunch while standing? like 2-3 sets of 10-20 reps every day?

it worked for me for a while.. until i stopped doing it :P i'm pretty small in that area anyway.

Posted

i use the hula hoops that have waves, but i really need to be more committed to it in order to see if they really work to slim down my waist.

Posted

you can also hold a weight (around 25 or 30 lbs each or so) in each hand at your sides and just slide it down and pull it back up on each side

Posted

side crunches? i heard some people have done that, but it's VERY TOUGH.

Posted

^side crunches are okay

regular crunches are easy. makes my stomach hella flat. but my waist wider.

cause its like pressing on a not flat paper. well. for me it is.

need to make my waist smaller. and my ribs/rib cage aint helping that process