Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Eating Too Much Rice Give You A Headache?

26 posts in this topic

Posted

(foods/diet which gives you a headache?)
when i eat too much rice and not enough of toher stuff with it like meat and vegetables, i get a headache. i guess its a rice headache. i think it comes form the heavy coarbohydrate load of rice without other balancing nutrients. its the usual throbbing headache but not as bad as say a stress headache.

does anyone else here get headcaches from eating too much rice?

some diets/food comnbinations i avoid becuase i know it will cause me a headache, how about you? what foods/diets you know will cause you a headache?

Posted

I've never heard of rice causing a headache... Huh.

But Vitamin Water definitely gives me a headache, and so does this acid-free orange juice I tried once. It's weird because it's almost immediate, as soon as I'm done drinking, it kills. X_X I don't know what ingredient it is that does that, I wish I knew so I could avoid it.

Posted

noo ..

i eat rice like everyday

rice, rice cakes, rice noodles, rice balls, rice pudding, brown rice

and the list goes on!!

mmmm i want some rice right now

but lemon tea gives me headaches sometimes .. idk why

probably the acidity or something

Posted

noo ..

i eat rice like everyday

rice, rice cakes, rice noodles, rice balls, rice pudding, brown rice

and the list goes on!!

mmmm i want some rice right now

but lemon tea gives me headaches sometimes .. idk why

probably the acidity or something

but when you eat your rice... you eat it as a meal with other things right? like with vegie or soup or...... if snacks then with a drink (though for me just eating a rice snack is not too good..)

Posted

Rice never gave me a headache but certain foods I have to avoid or else like gummy candy or cheese cake

Posted

Hahaha...no headache but bloating and big fat tummy yeah! lolz

I love rice...never have problem with them.

Posted

That's really weird o_O

I eat it everyday and I'm fine. No foods in particular will give me a headache.

Posted

Rice as an essential food for Asian, I ate rice almost everyday when I was living with my parents

When there was a time, I just having fast food as my main meal, no matter how many drumsticks or nuggets I ate, I still lack of energy.

Now, I feel grateful whenver I can eat rice, as the price of rice is soaring XD

Posted

That's really weird o_O

I eat it everyday and I'm fine. No foods in particular will give me a headache.

Ditto. I don't know about rice giving headaches and I never heard of it. People always say there's nothing I can't eat. Lol, true. :lol: But yeah, I eat rice everyday with my family, but it's perfectly fine with no headaches.

Anyways, maybe it's the other foods that making you get a headache? Or is there any other particular foods that you eat execpt rice? Maybe that's what causes you headaches. (:

Posted

rice also contains alot of surgar.

it could also be the surgar and carbs too.?

Posted

Ditto. I don't know about rice giving headaches and I never heard of it. People always say there's nothing I can't eat. Lol, true. :lol: But yeah, I eat rice everyday with my family, but it's perfectly fine with no headaches.

Anyways, maybe it's the other foods that making you get a headache? Or is there any other particular foods that you eat execpt rice? Maybe that's what causes you headaches. (:

you guys are right i think it is the sugar and carbs.

well idont htink it is the other fiods. its the rice because a sure way for me to get a headache is to eat 1 half plate of pure rice, nothing else and then do it again say 3-4 hours later. if i eat the rice and i dont eat enough of say vegie or meat mixed in or as a side dish on the rice i will also risk a heaache. so im always careful to et a well ablanced meal or else --- headache -.-

i often wonder if its just my weak physiology...

Posted

NOPE.

@_@ it shouldn't maybe you should see a doctor

Posted

hmm never heard of it....I don't think there's any food that gives me headaches though. Only if I don't get my morning coffee I get a headache. >.<

Posted

what type of rice?

If its white rice try changing it to brown rice since it is more healthier....but if it still gives you a headache than maybe try to counsult with a nutritionist (sp?)

Posted

Never heard of that. Usually I just eat too much and it can't get down my esophagus (sp?) and I'm in discomfort for 5 seconds.

And then I shove in more rice :D

Posted

o__O i never get a headache from eating rice. that's strange. :/

Posted

I've never heard of this. o.o And I've never gotten headaches from rice because some days I'll only eat rice as a meal and nothing else. But this hasn't happened to me.

I have a couple of friends who get headaches from eating tapioca; the bubbles in bubble tea. Would that sort of be like this?

Posted

hmm...i have no problem with rice..

but eating too much fatty/oily stuff at once (like duck skins!!) gives me a huuuuge headache >.<

Posted

i've never had a prob w/ rice but honey always gives me a headache. not sure why but can't take more than a teaspoon or i feel like ><

Posted

Not rice, but I can't eat homemade soft tacos or this one type of frozen pizza because I get a headache. It's so weird haha :P