Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dove Soap For Acne?

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Click here to read
I've heard from some people that Dove Soap works with cleaning up your face and possibly get rid of acne.

Do Any of you use the soap as a daily face wash? if so what kind? :unsure:

I've been using the soap for a while now but it wont get rid of the red marks on my face. :tears:

Can somebody suggest which kind of Dove Soap or what kind of products that will get rid of red marks on my face?? :blush:

No i dont have BAD acne just some red marks on my cheeks. :crazy:

Thanks in Advance! :sweatingbullets:

Posted

have u tried whitening soap?

Posted

then use blemish clearing face wash or something..

dove is gentle but it isn't made for your face.

Posted

dove works for me.. it makes my skin soft and it it clears a bit of acne.

Posted

have u tried whitening soap?

whitening soap? :mellow:

then use blemish clearing face wash or something..

dove is gentle but it isn't made for your face.

can u provide a picture of the product? :sweatingbullets:

Posted

idk if it helps with acne or anything...i dont really like dove soap bc it makes my skin dry when its supposed to be moisturizing

Posted

whitening soap? :mellow:

can u provide a picture of the product? :sweatingbullets:

clearasil, neutrogena etc have acne face washes

Posted

when i was in my younger teens year (12-17), i used bar soaps to wash my face and my face was flawless.

i stopped using it when my sis told me not to...

and at age 19, i have pimples :(

so yeah.

Posted

I've been using Dove cooling foam facial wash once a day for a couple of months now.

Haven't had a major break out in awhile. :3

Posted

Whitening soap works helps clear the red acne I try it except the one I try is an asian brand :D

Posted

I used it for my face and it worked reallllllly good

I used it on my back/shoulder and now I dont have it anymore!

The reason I started doing it was for acne (face) and someone said "use any bar of soap on your face, it will clear it away" well it did clear away. I used Dove on my back (not acne .. hard to explain!) and it got rid of that. After Dove was finished, I didn't have any other dove bars except Aloe bars. I used that for weeks and it obviously doesn't work -- only Dove works!

Posted

I only use it if my cleanser recently ran out otherwise, I wouldn't suggest you to use it.

Posted

it's hard using soap for facial skin.

Posted

I think its true, because I remember I use to wash my face with soap before using any of my cleansing products. I don't remember which soap it was though, but it could be Dove!

Posted

Is it just marks/scars or you actually have acne? If it's just scar-like marks, try something like Bio-Oil.

Posted

i use Dove bar (body) soap as a facial wash. I only get few pimples and that usually happens before I get my period. Dove works for me because my face became smoother, softer and i dont breakout that often. However, it doesnt clear away my pimple marks.

Posted

i thought soap just clogs ur pores??

Posted

i've tried using the dove bar for sensitive skin before but that dried my skin out.. i think most bar soaps dry me out (except ones designed especially for face)

for red marks, exfoliate and keep face moisturised after you've washed it. it doesnt make marks disappear super but still works. i tend to find products for scarring can sometimes break me out and although clears previous marks, it gives me new marks.

Posted

I would NOT use dove soap to clear acne. There is nothing in it that would be good for clearing acne other than cleansing your face, which you can do better with actual facial wash products. Dove is drying anyway and it is bad to ever have dry skin. I wouldn't try it.

Posted

I use Neutrogena and it doesn't work for me. I have the same case. I have red marks on my cheeks that I would LOVE to disappear as soon as possible. I used to use Dove soap though, it worked for me. Might as well use it again. Thanks for the tip. ^^