Kangin(강인)

akangin.jpg

Chae Jung Ahn(채정안)

ChaeJungAhn.jpg

Director/writer:Ryoo Jang-ha(류장하)

posterphoto1610.jpg

ot3xhd.jpg

RYOO Jang-ha's comeback stars YOO Ji-tae and LEE Yeon-hee

Director/writer Ryoo Jang-ha makes his comeback after his 2004 "Springtime" (Kkotbineun Bomi Omyeon) featuring Choi Min-sik, with the romantic drama Soonjeongmanwha (English translation: "pure comic strip") starring Yoo Ji-tae and Lee Yeon-hee.

The film's about a thirty-year-old office employee and a female student who run into each other every morning at an elevator. Both are secretly in love with each other.

Filming commenced on the first day of April. The film is scheduled for a release in the fall. The romantic drama is produced by Let's Film.

Yoo Ji-tae played Choi Min-sik's character's nemesis in Park Chan-wook's "Old Boy". He also starred in the period piece "Hwangjin-y - Movie - 2007" and Hong Sang-soo's "Woman is the Future of Man" (Yojaneun Namjaui Miraeda). In addition, YOO directs short films.

Lee Yeon-hee is seen in Lee Myeong-se's "M" opposite of Kang Dong-won and the romantic teen film "A Millionaire's First Love" (Baekmanjangjaui Cheotsarang). She's one of the promising young Korean actresses.

Yi Ch'ang-ho (KOFIC)

Source : www.koreanfilm.or.kr...

Older woman/younger man relationship - Chae Jung An, Kangin roles confirmed

Actress Chae Jung An and Super Junior member Kangin will be involved in a older woman/younger man relationship.

The film "Sun Jung Man Hwa" (Lit. Pure Manhwa) is currently under production. Originally, Chae Jung An and Super Junior's Choi Siwon were organized to be the couple. However, because of Super Junior-China activities, Choi Siwon has no choice but to reject the role. Therefore, Kangin filled up this empty spot. After Attack on the Pin-Up Boys, this will be Kangin's second silver-sceren debut. In Kangin's previous production, he depicts a strong but gullible young high school student. However, in SJMW, Kangin will be challenged to do a manly and charismatic performance. Kangin's character "Kang So" is a young man who falls in love with an older woman. He is a character that is persistent and never gives up, especially in love. Aside Chae Jung An and Kangin, roles for the two other leads, to Yoo Ji Tae and Lee Yeonhee, are also confirmed. SJMW, written and drawn by author Kangfull, was a popular 2003 internet comic, breaking the record of having over 60,000,000 views. The story deals with two couples, one older man/younger woman relationship with age difference of 12 years and another the opposite.

Source: Hankooki.com

Translations by miss scarlett @ Asianfanatics

an internet sensation aspires to conquer the screen

“In the face of love, these four men and women have no strategy, no experience, no courage, and no counterstrategy, but embark on a special romance in Soonjung Manhwa.”

This is how the new movie is being touted, and I’ve chosen not to translate the title because while “soonjung manhwa” literally means a “pure comic book,” it’s also the Korean term for what is more commonly known as “shoujo manga.” Here’s the Wikipedia definition of shoujo:

“[M]anga marketed to a female audience roughly between the ages of 10 and 18… [which] covers many subjects in a variety of narrative and graphic styles… often with a strong focus on human and romantic relationships and emotions.”

In any case, Soonjung Manwha has finished filming, and it seems like just the type of thing I’d go for. The movie is an adaptation of the internet manhwa which became a hit sensation, drawing in more than 60 million pageviews and building up an enthusiastic netizen audience.

The film stars Yoo Ji-tae (Oldboy) in the lead role, starring with Chae Jung-ahn (Coffee Prince), Lee Yeon-hee (East of Eden), and Kang In of Super Junior. Manning the camera is director Ryu Jang-ha, the writer for One Fine Spring Day and assistant director for Christmas in August

There’s a reason to be optimistic about the film with its sizable built-in fanbase from the internet original, plus its four good-looking stars (with two older and more experienced actors — Yoo, Chae — to balance out the other two hot young things, who target the younger market). But we won’t be able to find out for sure until the film opens on November 27.

source MK.co.kr via dramabeans.com

2dlp2qo.jpg

qy92z4.jpg

1. Lee Seung Hwan 이승환 - Happily Ever After

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=K0lFA_kuFyc

2. EZ Hyung 이지형 - 이게 바로 사랑일까?

3. Oh Ji Eun 오지은 - 시작

credits: melon멜론 + yhdiary.cjb.net & xiuzhen

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SillyCookie

ooo Lee Yeon Hee :D

I wonder why it's called pure comic strip...perhaps it'll be something that's straight out of a comic hehe. Though not a romantic comedy but just romance...probably still gonna have some funny stuff in it. Thanks for the info and can't wait to see it.

• 2 weeks later...

순정만화

Based on the popular Manhwa by the same name.

She is now filming a movie starring Kangin+YeonHee. She will play a friend of YeonHee's who I think is the female lead. Sooyoung mentioned it during Chunji radio on April fools, so fans were not sure if she was joking or not, but it was confirmed last night. The movie is called 순정만화. 순정만화 was very popular comic/cartoon.

bug @ soshified.com

Cast :

Kang In (male lead)

120607_kangin.jpg

Lee Yeon Hee (female lead)

210px-Leeyeonhee.jpg

Choi Sooyoung (LYH's friend)

sooyoungphotoyf9.jpg

Guest Ishida21

Great news for Soo Young, I'm very happy for her.

I'm happy for Lee Yeon-hee, since My Love, I like her more and more.

But, anyone know the story of Simple Manhwa?

Guest s u n d a e_

Lee Yeon Hee! i'm not sure but i think some days ago i read that it's about relationships between people who have a wide age gap.

Guest huangsy

This is probably the comic book,

l9788970753003.jpg

Yoo Ji Tae is also in the cast . He acts as the character who is 12 years older than the high school girl. Movie is of romance genre.

Filming started 1 Apr 2008.

News about this movie was 1st out in Dec 2007, http://movie.daum.net/magazine/article/new...173106&ct=0

Related movie site at http://movie.daum.net/movieInfo?mkey=40485

sooyoungie? 8D wow XD imma stalk this place forever man XD

hauhuahuauhaha. is soshisub gonna sub this soy?

edit : 8D and theres yoonhee unnie!! XD hahahahahaha. XD plus kangin shii XD

wow. *click as favorite*

• 2 weeks later...
Guest *beccas

i like the cast....looks good.. i think both males are pretty good looking and kangin ...so cute jaja.

the girl looks pretty decent...looks promising and interesting...

when is this suppose to air?

Guest *`xiuzhen

^-the release date still isn't confirmed yet.

I never knew SooYoung is playing YeonHee's friend in this movie. That's great to hear! :) more to look out for!

Oldboy Actor Yoo Ji-tae to Star in Romantic Comedy 'Hello, Schoolgirl'

Oldboy villain Yoo Ji-tae is to star in M&FC's tentatively titled Hello, Schoolgirl, a romantic comedy based on a hugely popular South Korean manga by Kang Full.

The film, which starts shooting on Wednesday, is directed by Ryu Jang-ha - whose previous film When Spring Comes starred another Oldboy star Choi Min-shik.

Boyun Choi, head of international business at M&FC said, "The film is a witty romantic comedy in the style of a Working Title film. We're selling it as a good date movie."

Yoo also previously starred in Hur Jin-ho's romantic drama One Fine Spring Day with Lee Young-ae.

Hello, Schoolgirl also stars actress Lee Yeon-hee from Lee Myung-se's cult hit M and the rom-com A Millionaire's First Love; Kang In, a member of the hit boy band Super Junior who also featured in their film debut Attack Of The Pin-up Boys; and Chae Jeong-an, best known for hit TV drama Coffee Prince.

Credits: www.asianpopcorn.com

Guest silverwingz

so this is Kangin's new movie! that's awesome. i'm loving the WHOLE cast.

can't wait till it gets released onto DVD. but i guess that's gonna be a while... :sweatingbullets:

Guest bibotatu

Ah Kangin's doing another movie! I'm so happy for him, can't wait 2 see the film but it gonna be a while for the DVD to release ... er who cares I'm exciting.

Soyoung from SNSD is also in this movie? Amazing! I like her the best in the group! Thanks for the info

Guest sylver

Is this an SM production? Aren't Kang-in, So-young, Lee Yeon-hee come from the same management company?

Archived