Tennis

Guest supa'Wanki

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest apple red

i hope that after Nalbandian won in Master Cup, Roddick will found a way to beat Fed in Wimbledon, and anyone could learn something from Nalbandian..

Guest PrincessBoa

I recently got obsessed with anything related to Tennis..all thanks to the manga 'Prince Of Tennis' XD.... I wish I could play tennis now..but it's winter..T-T Gotta wait till Spring or Summer..@_@...oh well@ At least I'm getting a tennis racket soon =]

*huggies*

PrincessBoa

I love Maria Sharapova. She's absolutely the best. I've always loved tennis, but since seeing her play I'm totally obsessed. :D She's same age as me and look at her, already achieved so much. I wanted to become a pro tennis player too haha. :P

Andy Roddick is my favorite. Not that Federer guy, he's good though.

Guest qquinto

federline...?

do you mean federer? because federline is the good-for-nothing husband of britney O_o

OMG.. that's the first time i've ever made that mistake!

yes, i mean federer.. lol

it's soompi that caused me to do this ;_; (other celebs section)

Guest ygchixzta1177

:) I love playing tennis but I HATE MY SOCKS TAN. It sucks. It looks SO weird when I wear flipflops with shorts but I do it anyway. xD

Guest SOMNOLENT

anyone who plays doubles --

are we allowed to tell partners what to do during a match? like tell them to move back n' stuff or would that be considered a hindrance and opponents can claim the point?

Guest KIM_SAYS:

I don't really know much about playing doubles, but I am pretty sure that's allowed. The doubles teams here do it all the time.

^_^. I'm a college level tennis player sponsored by Babolat :D!

I love tennis to death!

Wow..and you're ranked too? I'm envious. How long have you been playing?

Australian Open comin' up, folks. B) Who else is psyched???

Som, you can do that. I play #1 Singles, and #3 Doubles.

My partner and I use hand signals during the game to indicate if we're going left right, covering center or moving back and what formations we use.

I haven't played Tennis too long hehe, a few years ^_^.

My friends are going to the Australian open, I'm so excited for them. I wish I could go, but I have college tennis season coming up :(.

Guest qquinto

^ only a few years? wow

you're so lucky. to be ranked + sponsered would be like a dream (: well, not really. but to play well enough to be up to those standards would be a dream :D

Guest SOMNOLENT

My partner and I use hand signals during the game to indicate if we're going left right, covering center or moving back and what formations we use.

ah! your "hand signals" comment threw me off. is it okay to tell them? like "HEY. GO UP." cuz my partner n' i used to be singles players n' are noobs at teamwork and sometimes the other team insists on getting the point.

Guest dying1004

^ hmm that never happened to me before. but if so, try talking to your partner in between the points? that's what i do. i dont use the hand signals.. it's too confusing for us XD

Guest xKrNbAbOx

how do u know if u should play singles or doubles? i like playing doubles b/c heck i love the doubles alleys it makes me feel more confident that i can win since i can hit there. XP but every person my coach used to put me with...we suk...i mean we win and all but there isnt any chemistry and there is no like good communication not to mention i had to do most of the running. and for singles...i like the feeling that i could win by myself im just not as confident....(u see we got 2 new coaches this november b/c our old coach resigned..WAH! i miss him...he was a good coach..well the new coaches dont seem to know how to help us..) anyways in tennis i havent practiced my serves for so long that now my serves suck..and my backhands which used to be MY strongest and best stroke SUCK! sorry but its true..so now i need to know how to fix my backhand and serve before spring tennis comes...and we have matches in feb. also. oy. any help on these problems? playing singles or double? and how to fix serves and backhands. thanks if u can help. :phew:

Usually ranking determines if you play singles or doubles, unless you request it or your coach specifically wants you to play singles or doubles.

Doubles is good if you're a good serve and volley person, aka good at playing at the net. Singles is good if you're a baseline or have an all court/around game.

First of all, what's wrong with your serve and backhand ^_^. Also, I'm guessing you use a two handed backhand. If you point things out I can help you :D.

I managed the girls tennis team til' I graduated (2005). Hopefully they allow me to manage again :)! So I have a great amount of experience in teaching and coaching.

Archived