If You're Not Korean/asian...

Guest g0bananas

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest yumidoma

i m non korean and i don't have any korean frens

but i got into korean music through my sis....the first boyband i ever saw was shinwa

my sis and i watched them in arriang when they took part in the dance battle...i was attracted to them coz of their dance...

and then few years later.....my sis introduce me to DBSK...they were the first boyband i listened to (music)....i was in luv with Jaejoong rite at tht moment...i wanted to know more abt them.....the first video...i watch was My Destiny........

after tht i started watching k-drama.... the first drama i watched was "autumn tale".....i luved SHK...a lot...

then i watched "full house" and tht was the best K-drama i've ever seen.......i can't even count how many times..i have watched it....till today......

i got addicated...

now i am upto date with all the DBSK info. and the drama....but recently i haven't found any intersting drama to watch...so bored to death....

i never thought i would get into korean music.....

now i listened to korean, japanese, bollywood, english, spanish, and nepali....tht like 6 different countires..hehe....

and even though i haven't met any korean frens....all of them are asian but not korean....

korean ppl....seems to be hard to be frens with.....i don't know but thts how i feel.......

i listen to DBSK, se7en, rain, Suju, Turbo, and Drama OST.

but it was DBSK..who made me stay back........

ever since i got inot Korean Music...i get really excited when i meet korean ppl or someone who can speak korean.....but all the korean ppl..i have met hasn't been tht pleasant...sooo for me...........rite at the moment.......i would say...tht

i like korean music and drama

i like korean artist

but normal korean ppl...hmmm...haven't met any good ones....

by the way...when i meet ordinary koreans..i don't cling to them..or ask them to speak or sing in korean......i just ask question..like...how is life in korea and are they into korean music...n stuff...but oh well they don't want to talk....

for them....asian only consists of chinese, korean and japanese ppl.......Lord bless them...

Guest lisaaa

i'm not asian, but a few years ago, i found out about utada hikaru, since i bought the kingdom hearts game. i loved "simple and clean". so i searched that online, and i also found her japanese songs from her DEEP RIVER album. so i really enjoyed it. after that, i bought the final fantasy X-2 game. i liked the english version of "real Emotion", so i then discovered the japanese version, sung by Koda Kumi. then i looked into her music too. i got really into jpop since the fall of 2005, and my main artist bck then was only koda kumi, since i loved her songs the most. but now i have waay too many artists, lol.

Guest sianface

A friend of mine from school was a huge Ayumi Hamasaki fan so he sent me some of her songs and it all went from there really.

Guest ...MoMcMaster<3...

my cousin and i started watching the AZN channel as a joke cause we saw a drama on (it turned out to be winter's sonata) and we ended up watching it for 7 hours. haha. the whole time i saw previews for My name is kim sam soon. so i found that online and watched it.

that started it all. i went on wikipedia and looked up like korean culture of something and found kpop.

i first got into Rain cause that was the first person i had heard of. then the obsession started to grow. haha.

i wish one friend like kpop or kdramas so i could have someone to talk about them. but no luck. all alone in my love for it...

all the artists are sooo much cuter than ones in american. and i love all their different personalities. <3

Guest Ass3nav

A few years ago whilst I was holidaying in Cambodia (my nationailty), I was watching TV and a music video popped up the song sounded good, so I wrote down the singers name and song.

When I got back home, I googled the song and singer and downloaded his album and such (the singer was Wheesung by the way). After that I found out about SEVEN, SHINHWA and all the YG Family artists.

Guest miki_chan

ehehe it all started out with a friend then it came to listening to DBSK.

and im still inlove with their music and them <3

Guest 13miracles

I'm Asian but not Korean, but since I was small my family were always watching Korean drama, or the TV will have Korean drama at 12:00 noon, it was time when we finish lunch so we always gather up and watch haha,,,,wow over 10 years already, but I'm not really into music until Super Junior came to my life....2 years ago. I've been really enjoy korean music, and since i live in korea town and all of my friends are korean, every where is korean music haha

Guest robotomy

I was on wikipedia and looked at Korean entertainment and saw BoA. So then I clicked SM Entertainment. Then my fandoms began.

Guest Rhapsodyy

Super long, sorry haha

Hmm well i'm caucasian and I used to live in a crazy small town with like.. barely any asian people in it. So i'd never been introduced to any music other than english music before. So the day after christmas [boxing day] I bought this one american band I liked's cd, and it came with an extra bonus dvd of music videos. So I was watching the dvd and I kept looking back at the list on the dvd of the band names and song titles because i'd only heard of two of the bands before. So I was expecting this one song to come up that i knew [cause the case said it was next], and all the sudden this other band came up! They started singing, and it was really cool sounding to me, but then I was like "Wait... this isn't English? o__O" and i had no idea what language it was in haha. Plus the music video kind of scared me a bit, so I was like "gah... no more please." and turned it off.

Anyways a few days later I wanted to show my sister the "creepy music video", so I went on youtube and looked up the band... and then my sister left to talk to my dad but I continued to listen to the video.. and the song was actually really catchy even though I had no idea what they were saying. So I looked at the side description and it said "Dir en grey- The Final .... cool jrock band!" or something like that. So I looked up more songs by them, and I totally fell in love. So by listening to them, I started to check out more and more japanese rock bands and japanese rock singers. And then one day I came across a drama I thought was japanese, but then turned out to be korean. And I really liked it, but I still hadn't listened to any korean music. So one day I made this friend off the internet off of this Dir en grey forum, and she told me to check out some DBSK music and I did and then.. *loves* aha. So now i'm pretty much in love with all types of music- Korean, Japanese, Chinese [Mandarin&Cantonese], Thai, Viet, German, French, Tamil, etcetc ^^

Ohman. Sorry haha, this was so long >__<

Guest chocopocky

My friends introduced them to me at first and I wasn't very interested until I started hanging out with a group of Koreans and they forced me to watch some dramas and listen to some music. :D

Guest lidool_dr3amer

Honestly, i was never really into nor liked Japanese or Korean stuff when i was young. However, back in 2006, my friend who was totally addicted to Kdramas and Japanese songs influenced everyone in my group to listen to them. I gave them a try and i think BoA's Milky Way was the first Japanese song i ever listened to. I guess the songs were 'alright' but i still wasn't too fond of them. That was when Shinhwa came in. After i listened to their 8th jib main track, Once in a Lifetime, i became totally addicted to them. From there, i was opened to other Korean and Japanese singers and yeah... the rest is history.

Channel surfing,I found KBS 'Music Bank' one day...

I loved the music so much that I started learning korean.

Then I got a few penpals who introduced me to korean food and comics,

then I got addicted to dramas and on and on....

It's a part of how I grew up since I was so young at the time...

Guest xLostLoLx

i got into kpop two years back because of a music competition whereby the groups are able to choose which songs they like to perform, and yeah, out of so many groups, there is a particular group chooses dbsk's songs. so yeah, i decided to check it out and got to like them after that... haha

Guest heartdrops

I forgot how but I just started listening to Se7en and then got addicted to the Se7en + Taebin couple thing hahas. Then basically YG brought me into the kpop scene.

ok first off I am 28 and I have been listening to kpop since I was 18. dang I'm old j/k :P. but I was flipping through the tv channels one day and I saw a m/v that looked cool and I liked the song. it was uhm jung hwa's molla m/v.

I am not korean nor asian. but I have always liked jpop and kpop. I listen to more kpop than anything and this includes american music. don't know I just like kpop more lol. but that's how I got into korean music. just flipping through the tv one day and I have been a fan ever since.

Guest monaero

i was watching the international channel and bi's mv came on and i got hooked. dbsk and se7en's mv came on after and i fell in love.

Guest zomgitschu

kpop ≠ pop that koreans listen to

kpop = pop that is made by korean artists

many chinese/japanese/thai/malaysian/laotian/singapore/vietnamese/cambodian people listen to this music. we each listen to music from other countries. i listen to music from many countries including japan, korean, chinese and thai.

all my asian friends aren't korean or japanese but they listen to a lot of kpop/jpop/jrock

Archived