What Kind Of Headphones Do You Have/use?

Guest ^_O

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pepprmint

i use Skullcandy Smokin' in ear ones

the bass is awesome, but the earphones dont last long enough to be permanent

but its cheap enough to replace every year or so, so its ok ^^

I'm currently using Turtle Beach's Ear Force AK-R8

features_akr8.jpg

As far as comfort goes, I think it's top notch. Volume control located on the switch box thingy.

There's a detachable microphone. The microphone is pretty clear and it swivels. However, I think as far as comfort of use goes for them it's really up to personal preference. I'm not a fan of it because I can't seem to get it set at the right angle and distance away from my mouth. A minor set back for all that these headphones do.

Sound quality is awesome. It has a built in sound card deal in the box thing. However, I wouldn't recommend getting these if you have an awesome sound card (Creative Fata1ity XF-i or whatever the rest of them are.) as it might conflict with your sound card. If you're rocking some ghetto on-board soundcard this might be a good choice.

The volume control box is a little heavy so it can get combersome at times, but if you clip it to your shirt the right way, you should have no problems.

I think the biggest set back for me with these headphones was that they cost me 150 bucks. I'm not usually down to pay that much for headphones, but they were well worth it.

------------------

I also rock Bose's Quiet Comfort 2's. I bought them at a military outlet, so I didn't have to pay the tax, and on top of that I had a gift card.

I'm assuming everyone already knows what they look like so I'm not going to out of my way and post a picture.

Sound Quality is pretty good, but it's far from matching some of the best (Shure's e4c).

They do a pretty awesome job when it comes to blocking out ambient noise.

On a downside, I've had these headphones for about 3 years. The size slider/adjustment rails are plastic. Eventually, they stopped holding for me. Also, they're not THE most durable of headphones. The plastic on that portion has started to break loose on me, so I now gotta hold it with tape T_T.

Also, it's a little bit of a pain to replace the batter on these things. You gotta press the thingy pretty hard to get the battery cover to open.

Also expensive. When I bought mine they cost around 200 bucks.

--------------------

I also have the Bose In-Ear earphones. I'm not all that impressed with them. They're decent, but I don't think the quality adjusts for the price.

Downsides... Hrm.. Well I can't seem to find the right size for my ear. So the earbuds tend to slip out if I'm a little active. Definitely can't go running with these things. Maybe some of you might have a little better luck than I did with these.

Comes with a rope thingy so you can have them hanging around your neck.

As far as sound quality goes, it's.. just.. ok to me. Better then the 20-30 dollar ones you'd get from Walmart(Koss, Sony), but nothing compared to some of the other in ear buds you can get out there (Shure, Panasonic has awesome ones for a hundred bucks.

The price, it cost me a hundred bucks. I really don't feel that these headphones are really worth that much. For a hundred bucks there are much better ones out there. Check around.

***Dang, now that I've written all this, I think I'm an audiophile. I never realized it before. Haha, well I hope this helped some of you guys out.

Guest jxmode

I use the bose in-ear phones.

I kind of like them actually. I finally found earphones that can lay on my ear and have a nice fit.

The ones I usually use always slip out.

Then I have some old JVC stereo headphones, they work like a charm if you want to drown out outside noises.

And the regular samsung & iriver earphones that come with the mp3 player.

V-moda Bass Freq earphones (Hot Pink) - payed $70 Australian dollars for this pair , but totally worth it , mega bass <3

2kovpe.jpg

http://www.v-moda.com/collection/modaphones/bass%20freq.aspx

Technical specifications

• Bass Fréq Level: 122dB at 20 Hz
  • Frequency Response: 8 Hz – 22000 Hz
  • Speaker Driver: 10mm neodymium rare earth magnet
  • Cable length: 30.5” plug to y-connector, 13.5” even-length earphone cables
  • Plug: 24k gold-plated, straight 3.5mm mini-plug

Skullcandy Lowrider (black&Gold) - Good sound , got it cause of how it looks really lol :rolleyes:

5pomwz.jpg

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/lowrider-p-26.html

Technical specifications

• Speaker diameter - 40mm
  • Magnet - NdFeB
  • Frequency range 100 - 18,000 HZ
  • Impedance 32 ohms
  • Max input power 400 mW
  • Cable type OFC
  • Cable length 1.2 M

Guest missdevotional

I have pink Skullcandy SC-PICON Icon Headphones :)

Purely because I think they're cute xD

I wear them on the bus on the way to school and everyone looks at me weirdly.

It's great :P

Guest ChairmanLMAO

To those people who got the mixstyle earphones, how much were they in Japan to those who got them in Japan, and how much were they in Korea to those who got them in Korea? And if you remember, where did you buy them? Thanks ^_^

Bought mine from yesasia, click below:

MixStyle headphones/earphones

Guest kimchi hana

I had an iPod earphone, but I broke the plug.

Then I bought 2 $6 earphones on Soompi. Broke them both within 2 weeks after breaking 1 plug on each.

And now I'm using some earphones that came along with my HP laptop.

My frien d has Skullcandyheadphones and loves the bass, but I'm leaning more to the Mix-style headphone with the star.

But oh no, wtf, $50 on YesAsia. >:

Archived