What Kind Of Headphones Do You Have/use?

Guest ^_O

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

206233143ed8.jpg

UE 3's... radio shack version. heaps cheaper than original colors of black, white, and clear.

here's a user image with the case:

p1100281ft1.th.jpg

sorry for the crappy pic, but my old camera's been loosing its focus >< if you can make it out in the fuzzy pic, you can see that the double-flange tips have been cut off, bootleg-style. UE definitely didn't make their stuff for ppl with small ears. i found that the top flange of the double-flange tip is smaller than the smallest single-flange tip, so i chopped them down to the correct height and snapped them on. would've liked to try that with a triple-flange, but UE don't make those.

ppl complain they stick out of their ears, which looks funny. but my hair covers them up anyway :D good noise isolation. ok to good sound quality, depending on what you're plugging it to. my shuffle- eh~, my speakers - woah!

Guest 0oyokisuo0

use to have sony earbuds and headphones. one broke (the right ear sound was sooo light oO) and the other one got chewed by my cat...=_____________= now i use cosonic stereo headphone (i dont use it that much thought) and just regular ipod headphone. hmm im thinking of getting new earbuds and the mix-style stereo headphones =D

Guest jello24

Sony MDR-V6... my first true set of cans, bass-heavy, if you complain about lack of bass in your iPod, put these on. they're a walking bass amplifier. they are also damn durable. I sleep in them actually. and i havent felt any crushing frames yet.

Guest Squirrely

i think the regular ipod earbuds look nice and clean, but that's about it,,

i use skullcandy w/s lowriders, probably gonna buy a white hesh

i have these pink iLuv ones i never use (cheap but actually better than ipod ones imo)

and i have a pair of swimmer but i lend it to friend.. who moved to ny and never got chance to give them back to me LOL =w=``

The only pair I'm using right now is a pair of Audio Technica canalphone/IEMs (ATH-CK5).

For my purposes, they work well. Isolation is adequate. Sound is good, except for the bass (but that happens with all earbuds/IEMs right? I mean you can only pack so much power in something the size of a fingernail). I really like the support loop things. They really do help keep the earpieces in the right place. Plus they were fairly inexpensive.

That said...I'm not much of an audiophile.

So a couple of days after I posted this, the left side of my AT's went kaput. It was probably just a bad connection somewhere, but I decided to save myself the hassle of fixing it and opted for a new pair. Bought a pair of JVC FX-66s canalphones...All I can say is wow. The bass is incredible for such a cheap IEM ($18)...even right out of the box, w/o burn in. It also comes with a variety ear tips, 3 sizes of rubber pairs and 1 foam pair. The foam pair provides the best isolation and sound, but is too fussy for me when I'm out and about. So I bring the medium rubber tips with me leaving the foamies back at the dorm in case i need the extra silence. The support loops I loved so much in my AT's were replaced by these air cushion support things. They work fairly well, although at this point I still like the support loops. Once I get used to them, they'll probably end up being more comfortable then the loops.

They're highly regarded as the cheap IEM to get at head-fi and the rest of the audiophile world.

32658032-2-200-0.gif

OK...so I am a minor audiophile after all.

shure se530s - they're quite durable, they've been out in the rain countless times (i'm having bizarre weather here), and i've ran over them a few times on my chair aswell. sound quality is good.

dsc00086fr2.jpg

^ pic is from my review in the MP3 subforum from last year

Guest TangalanG

iPod earphones..

HAHAHAHA XD

lol yah..XD me too.

i was thinking of getting some new headphones when i go to hong kong. i dont want them to be too oversized? those ones with a star one the side looks cool, but is the sound quality good?

can anyone recommend any to me?

any help would be gud. thankkss =]

Guest Yuna N.

Sony MDR-710LP (Hight Quality & Ultra-Compact Foldable Headphones)

Skullcandy Lowrider (Silver)

Skullcandy Smokin Buds (Black)

Bose On-Ear Headphones

My babies <3 ~

Archived