[drama 2008] Robbers 불한당

Guest o-cha

Regarding the scene - when Oh Joon goes into ManDu's school lobby and starts to sing the Tarzan song -

If any of you watched 9 End 2 Outs - the main MALE lead had broken the heart of a co-worker and she said to redeem himself - he had to stand in the lobby of the Ad Agency - and shout over and over:

I am a bad man - I use women (something like that)

and he does it over and over again -...

and everyone stands around and watches - so we've seen something sort of like this before...

(making a public fool of oneself..)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest imogene_af

Wow

if Jin Goo's father is in the loan shark business that takes quite a twist.

Hjkomo and Shirley-thanks for translating. Holy crap.

vkkkim- Aw, thanks for appreaciating the insights, you should totally join us with our rambling.

Hagrid- Oh screw school! :lol: Actually, I haven't found a dismal episode, my least favorite one is Episode 6 but it did get to save itself and it's far from dismal.

Guest ♥Love♥

i'm watching the second episode! it has been really boring :[ but i'll keep watching since you guys said it was good.. ( i guess later on? ) alallala mad draggy and boring in the first few eps T.T

You're actually the first person I've read about saying that the 1st 2 eps were boring..

But anywayz, not everybody's into melodrama..and some ppl might not like its unconventionality..

For me, Ep 1 and Ep 2 were far from boring.. in fact, I thought they were really good.. interesting per se..hehe..

I came across a chinese translated article about Robbers' OST..

It's a very positive review..:D

The article talks about how beautiful the OST is..and how much it compliments the beauty and subtlety of the drama. The viewers think the OST is as good as the drama.

The OST has 20 songs and it's produced by a very famous music PD Choi Seung Wook, who's produced a lot of popular drama OSTs such as MISA, All In, Piano, Spring Days..etc...

credts: Article from baidu

Guest imogene_af

i'm watching the second episode! it has been really boring :[ but i'll keep watching since you guys said it was good.. ( i guess later on? ) alallala mad draggy and boring in the first few eps T.T

I actually mentioned it in my first review I think that it is VERY character-driven, so not much is happening. It's mostly about going into the characters and their stories, mostly, Oh Joon's inner demons. People will either really like it this way or may find it like, "where's the beef?"

I am a fan of character-driven stuff so I like it. Could be different for other people. I actually really liked Episode 1 and 2 too. :lol:

Jo- Thanks for sharing the article. The soundtrack is amazing and haunting.

Hey, that girl doll bears an uncanny resemblance to Soon Dae. :blush: How cute!! What are they called - PUCCA dolls?

yup PUCCA , she was quite a craze a few years back ..and the other is call GARU .lol Pucca is so hopelessly in love with Garu and she loves jajangmyeon too , i used to have fun watching the Pucca flashes

pucca_gallery_01.gif

http://www.puccaclub.com/eng/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qa4XL9A3Kg

th_Pucca.jpg

rb001.gif

i think i can sort out what he say from Dal Rae replies .just ..apart from the last one which i had to guess that he asked : can i kiss you ? [lol or something to that effect ]

shirley, that video of Pucca and Garu is so cute! Yup, Soon Dae's definitely got some Pucca in her. Maybe she's her long-lost twin? :D

Sorry, I'm so behind on translations! At least, those of you who understand Chinese have the c-subbed versions (they're so fast!) If there's anything that you're just dying to know what was said, let me know & I'll put it at the top of my list.

From Ep.7:

When OJ comes to DR's house after getting affirmation from Man Doo, OJ has lost his voice from singing "Tarzan" too many times. His first sentence is the only one we really get to see. The rest is only inferred from DR's replies.

OJ mouthes the words: Dal Rae sshi...

DR: What's the matter?

OJ: What were you doing?

DR: What did you say?

OJ: What - were - you - doing?

DR: What did you say?

OJ leans in to whisper in her ear: ---

DR: I was feeling troubled/distressed over being rejected.

OJ: ---

DR: You say that your universe is a garbage site?

OJ: ---

DR: You were late because you had to clean it up?

OJ: --- (I think this is where he asks if he can kiss her because she nods YES)

Then the beautiful KISS!!!

Now, I'm off to watch episode 8.

Anyway, it is never wrong to add in JEM in anyone's review. I know,I keep forgetting we got kids here born in 1993 or something. :lol: Ohlawd, I'm old. That cartoon is the total shiznitz. You're missing out if you don't know Jem! Dal Rae's pink lipstick and blue eyeshadow had me singing "Jem is my name! Jem!"

I just couldn't resist -- this is for you imogene_af. Enjoy!! JEM and the Holograms - the raddest rocker-chicks/girl-band ever!! Oh gawd, this brings back memories!!! :blush:

jemandthehologramspdvd0jt0.png

jemandthehologramspdvd0te5.jpg

jemandthehologramspdvd1fc2.jpg

jemandthehologramspdvd1us2.jpg

jemandthehologramspdvd1oa8.png

*credits: JemGirl1481 at www.jemandtheholograms.net

Now, Dal Rae's turn: :blush:

robberse07kor080123hdtvre4.jpg

Even Soon Dae joins in on the fun: :D

robberse07kor080123hdtvde4.jpg

robberse07kor080123hdtvnh8.jpg

robberse07kor080123hdtvpk7.jpg

robberse07kor080123hdtvmb6.jpg

robberse07kor080123hdtvqv5.jpg

robberse07kor080123hdtvwz7.jpg

robberse07kor080123hdtvgt5.jpg

robberse07kor080123hdtvxb2.jpg

BITTERSWEET SYMPHONY: Robbers Episode 8 Review

In fact, in this episode what created such a great force in my viewing was something that was merely established in three minutes. Three minutes and I was completely smitten by this short blurb of a story.

And let me start by saying…

OHGAAAAAAAAAAAAWD

That scene with Jin Goo and his ex-wife made me a bit teary-eyed! See in my world… teary eyed means a lot. I am not much of a crier ever, so that was a big deal.

First off, Jin Goo had a hot wife. Who would have thought? Is he sure he needs pointers from a country bumpkin like Dal Rae? When he saw his ex-wife again for the first time in the pharmacy, a spark of excitement was evident in his usual stoic exterior, but when she faces us, it is revealed to us and to Jin Goo that she’s pregnant. Moved on, probably a happy person.

Every thing about that scene was funny. He could not even hug her, oh, I guess wifey forgot his “no touching” rule. Every thing was “off”. She seemed to laugh his awkward apologies off. He still talked in his usual monotonous way.

But then his glazed eyes stared into hers, and something in him diminishes. And with the way she looked at him… she echoed his pain. The pain was shown faintly, alas, they bid their farewell. Jin Dal Rae stood there watching them as she jumped around at the sight of it all.

A simple scene with little affection as the scene gets out of frame… but every thing intensifies when the song kicks in and we pan out to his ex-wife TEARING UP and CRYING. It just broke my heart. The two actors played off this three minute scene so well. The hardest thing is to hate someone you really still love.

Jin Goo’s character has done the most growth so far, and Kim Jung Tae makes us believe that the most un-charming, dry, reclusive, chauvinist weirdo can give K-drama prince charmings a run for their money. He can make us all get a bit---infatuated. Well yes… even though it is through his rather erm---quirky ways.

ohh. his exwife and jin goo~ .ah his apology .~

JG: I am sor-rr-ry

Exwife : what did you say , can you repeat it ?

JG: I am sorry

Exwife: that's a surprise , that you are able to say such words?

JG: i hope that you can accept my apology

Exwife : but , i dont want to accept your apology .

if i accept it right now , then jin goo si will just leave right away, right?

can you say it with more details ?

what do you think you are sorry about ?

why do you think you need to aplogised

JG: not being able to stop father's rudeness towards you

Exwife : and ?

JG: not agreeing to have a kid

Just that ..

i thought that an adult life is already so tedious

I really do not have the confidence to live with a little one

Ex Wife : and ? what else ?

JG: i didnt ask you to stay when you left me

Ex-wife : you are really quite adorable/cute.

if i know you are such an adorable man

it will be better if i hadnt left and stay by your side to wait

Just as you see now , i 've become this [ i think meant she now a mother ]

this little one is a major driving force for me

i am very happy now

so there's no need for you to feel sorry towards from now on

Like imogene_af, I felt that this scene was played out so well, even though it was so brief. It had me in tears, too. :tears: Alright, Prince Charmings -- WATCH OUT, Jin Goo's already got a leg up on you! B)

Has anyone else thought of this possibility? Jin Goo's ex-wife is pregnant with HIS child. She wasn't wearing a ring, and JG not wanting to have a child was probably the last straw for her (assuming she was already pregnant), so that's why she left him. :blink:

After JG apologizes to his ex-wife, Dal Rae keeps asking him if he said sorry and if she accepted his apology.

He wipes his tears and finally says: My lessons with you have had good results.

DR: Ah, really?

JG: You are a good teacher.

DR gets embarrassed: It's not like I was big help...

JG: I would like to know how to get along well with a baby. That is the subject of the next lesson. Please prepare for it.

DR: Baby??

Either, JG wants to get back with his ex-wife even though he thinks she's pregnant with someone else's baby, OR the baby is his & he wants to know how to get along with his own child. :blink: He's already got a head start with "ppiyo, ppiyo" and "airplane" :D Haha.

JG: How much do you really know about Kwon Oh joon !

DR: What /

JG: something is not right

[XX] doesnt have any fund manager by the name of Kwon Oh joon

DR: What are you doing ? ! are you really so free

JG: NO! .i have tons of things for me to handle . i am an extremely busy man

I haev never been concerned with other people 'e matter in my entire life!

it's you Dae Ral si who want me to be concerned with other people!

It doesnt matter if you believe it or not , but i still have to say it

there is no fund manager named Kwon Oh Joon

that man lied to Kim Dae Rae Si

If you do not want me to meddle in others affaris , then i wont!

i also dont want to be concerned with this anymore!

Why do i cared so much about Kim Dae Ral si!

I cant understand it myself too!

[XX] is the company that Dal Rae sasaid he was from .er but i cant catch the name of it

[XX] is "freelance." Since OJ said that he works "freelance" in response to JG saying there was only one person named Kwon Oh Joon at any of the fund management companies and he was not that man (remember, JG received a report on a fund manager named Kwon Oh Joon and the picture was of a different man), JG must have done more research into fund managers that work freelance.

Either, JG wants to get back with his ex-wife even though he thinks she's pregnant with someone else's baby, OR the baby is his & he wants to know how to get along with his own child. :blink: He's already got a head start with "ppiyo, ppiyo" and "airplane" :D Haha.

i wasnt really sure how long were they divorced .but if it was just recently ^^then it is highly possible .[that is if she still not married ] .i really hope they can get back together .if that is the case .because they look prefect as a couple , i was impressed jin goo has such a beautiful and gentle wife .and i think she might still have some feelings for him ? those tears after he left ...

[XX] is "freelance." Since OJ said that he works "freelance" in response to JG saying there was only one person named Kwon Oh Joon at any of the fund management companies and he was not that man (remember, JG received a report on a fund manager named Kwon Oh Joon and the picture was of a different man), JG must have done more research into fund managers that work freelance.

thanks ! no wonder .i simply dun think it sounds like any international fund company to me .lol so it was freelance .!

I worked in earnest to come back to the thread - and read all the well written and well thought out comments.

This series - you threaders - keep brain cells busy!

Outstanding work - worth everyminute of fighting to get back to here!

^^i hope your PC problems get solved soon

ow and does Jang Hyuk still sing at all? I remember he sung one of the ost for Successful Story of a Bright Girl way back in 2002, in fact that where I know him from as that show is one of my all time fav, sorry I am just a sucker for cute girls with big eyes like Jang Nara, and still hold a flame for her now, even though she disappeared into china these days. I read that if they can most popular singers try to get into acting/cv as there is little $ in singing in korea, perhaps that why he stop singing ?

bjharm : Jang Hyuk doesn't sing anymore..and actually the song from Successful Story of A Bright Girl was sung by Jo Jang Hyuk (not our Jang Hyuk--he was a 'rapper' before...not really a 'singer' hehehe ). As much as I love JH..I'm glad he doesn't sing anymore...I think he is a much better actor than he is a rapper/singer.

ripgal : bwahahahaa..I can so see Andy doing the airplane... but how cute..eh? Maybe now Shinhwa changjo can start watching Robbers? heheheh. BTW did you watch eps 8 yet? Come on..I want to know what you think..hehehe.

♥Love♥ : that's too bad you're not enjoying the first 2 episodes..I actually loved the first 2 episodes..it is definitely different than most dramas.

hjkomo : thanks for translating the dialogues.... and hahahahaaaa I can't believe you found Jem... gosh I remember coloring Jem when I was a tiny little girl..your post brings back memories..hehehehe. Ooh interesting point about Jin Goo there...maybe...sounds very possible...I wouldn't put it past the writer...it would definitely be a twist from conventional dramas.

shirley : thanks for translating the dialogues too.

canyayasis : ahhh.no wonder I haven't seen your post on the last 2 episodes...I miss reading them...hehehe..hopefully your computer problem will get resolved soon..and you can start giving us what you think about the episodes.

imogene_af : gaaaaacccckkk I haven't watched eps 8 yet :( ..may have to wait until I'm back home....but I'll definitely watch it..of course...

^ Yeah, but the way Koreans say "freelance" is "puh-ree-ran-suh" LOL! :blush:

OMG!!! I just finished watching episode 8. Oh Joon was about to confess everything to Dal Rae, but she already knew because of Yun Ah. That B!#@$!!!! What will happen next? The suspense is killing me!

since I feel like I haven't been able to contribute much to the thread these last few days.....here are some gifs I picked up along the way lol

warning ---possible SPOILER

credit: Bulhandang DC Gallery

viewimagephpidbulhanno29bcc427b6-56.gif

viewimagephpidbulhanno29bcc427b6-62.gif

viewimagephpidbulhanno29bcc427b6-60.gif

viewimagephpidbulhanno29bcc427b6-61.gif

viewimagephpidbulhanno29bcc427b6-64.gif

viewimagephpidbulhanno29bcc427b6-65.gif

Hi! I loved Jang Hyuk in "Thank You" and Lee Da Hae in "My Girl". So I am interested in this new drama "Robbers".

I like the photos that has been shared in this forum but I would like to watch the actual episodes. I'm wondering where I can watch this drama I'm rather new at this stuff.

Thanks much!

Guest imogene_af

Zoeve- http://www.v-musicality.com/b/read.php?27

Here's a link to all of the episodes, they upload it there frequently. Hope that helped.

I just couldn't resist -- this is for you imogene_af. Enjoy!! JEM and the Holograms - the raddest rocker-chicks/girl-band ever!! Oh gawd, this brings back memories!!! :blush:

jemandthehologramspdvd0jt0.png

*credits: JemGirl1481 at www.jemandtheholograms.net

Now, Dal Rae's turn: :blush:

robberse07kor080123hdtvre4.jpg

I think I spazzed a little seeing these...actually...a lot. OhmyGoodness. Thanks hjkomo. :lol:

Okay and THANK YOU for the translations.

I really want Jin Goo and his ex-wife to get back together, my Goodness that scene was so beautiful and heartbreaking. It's perfect too, now that he learns from Soon Dae he can take care of his kid (wishful thinking it's his).

and I laughed so hard when you called money changer girl a b%&$. :lol:

o-cha Jang Hyuk's a RAPPER?! OhmyGawd, maybe to smitten Dal Rae he should show us his rap 'skills'.

So that's Jem, the band you guys were talking about..

I dunno a thing about them, no wonder I couldn't relate to what you guys were talking about..:lol:

Some Robber goodies

Ep 8 Preview - apparently this scene wasn't included inside EP 8?

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/I01FHVzJHWI/

Ep 9 Preview

달래는 호진이 카페를 순섬에게 선물하고 싶다고 하자 깜짝 놀란다. 달래의 뒤를 ?i아가던 오준은 달래가 나쁜 놈이라고 소리를 지르자 움찔한다. 오준은 예쁜 여자의 모습이 보이자 달래가 없어진 것을 확인한 후 그녀의 뒤를 따라간다. 여자를 끌고 권투도장에 간 오준은 유산소운동을 해서 몸을 만들면 환상적인 몸매가 될거라고 은지를 꼬드긴다. 아줌마 수강생들에게 윙크를 날리던 오준은 마음 한편에서는 달래에 대한 그리움이 사무친다. 달래를 찾아간 오준은 보고 싶어 미치겠다며 달래를 붙잡는다. 달래를 만난 진구는 사기꾼 권오준을 만나지 말라고 강력히 경고한다. 한편 경찰은 협박 및 갈취혐의로 오준을 연행한다. 참고인 조사를 받기 위해 경찰에 나온 달래는 오준을 보호하는 발언을 하다 정신나간 사람이라는 비난만 듣는데...

Stream: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/1HHUWGOBh0w/

credits: SBS bulhandang/ baidu

---

o-cha chinggu, yeah I haven't gotten around to watch Ep 8 yet..

I'm still trying to divide mah time..between homework, Soompi and watching mah Kdramas..heehehe..

I'll try to watch the ep 2nite..

Archived