[drama 2007] Air City 에어시티

ay_link

Guest soonjap

javabean's summary for Ep 9 is out...go check it out...^^

I agree with her comments about Ep 9. For a single ep, it was a good ep, and I liked it. But when I read javabean's insights and comments, I couldn't help but concur with her thoughts that the ep was kinda dismantled in a sense that they did not talk about anything regarding the incident in HK and straightaway addressed other issues. I would've loved to see the drama address the inner turmoil of JS after managing to kill the murderer of his friend... and I totally forgot about this due to all the smiles and laughters. BUT overall, it was a good ep for me and I'm not expecting that much from this drama anymore..cos the more you expect the more you'll be disappointed..hehe..

I would love to check out javabean's insights and comments. Is it on this thread or posted elsewhere? I couldn't find the list on the first page of this thread so if someone would be kind enough to provide the link, that would be helpful. She is usually brilliant in her analyses.

I too have given up expecting anything great from this series. I wanted so much more than what I'm getting, so never mind. I just skip to all the LJJ parts because there's no point in concentrating on the storyline anymore.

And strangely enough, I really like the doctor. The actress portraying her is doing a great job in exuding a quiet confidence and strength. I thought it was poignant and ironic that she went to JS on that island and helped take care of him when he was sick when he couldn't do the same for her when she was ill. And I liked how she let him go, despite her own pain, to help him find his own happiness -even with someone else and their last moments on the island was both tender and bittersweet.

And the kiss between JS and DK...was sweet but again, it was abrupt. There was very little build-up to that moment and then all of a sudden, she makes the first move? Although there was romantic intrigue between them from previous episodes, they actually spent very little time together and then her proposal that he come to her sounded just a teeny bit rushed. Generally, in other dramas, there are usually hints or moments when a character expresses his/her feelings about the other either through words or facial expressions throughout the episodes and by the time the kiss is supposed to happen, usually at about episode 10, viewers are heavily anticipating when that romantic kiss is supposed to take place. But when I saw this kiss in episode 9, I didn't feel that strong compelling connection between the two. I think it would have been better to have delayed the "kiss" until after a proper build up between the two have taken place. For instance, instead of the kiss, I could imagine DK and JS having a conversation. DK says to JS: "Don't run away. The man I've seen in you is strong and courageous. I know he'd stay and fight to find the answer. Don't you think so too?"

JS: It's not that easy, you know.

DK: When has life ever been? But running away doesn't solve anything either. Believe me...(she turns away to stare out into the water and says softly) I know. (Pretending to be cheerful again) Ahh...such a beautiful night and so many stars! (She sits down and JS looks down at her.)

JS: What's so amazing about stars? There are plenty of them everywhere.

DK: But not like this. (She grabs his hand and pulls him down and he half falls on her) Oof!

JS: Sorry...although it really wasn't my fault.

DK: I never said it was. Sit down and just look at those stars twinkling out there. They say that there's no two that's alike. (She rests her head on his shoulder as she looks out into the water and JS looks down at her and half smiles) This feels just right...(she closes her eyes as he looks down at her again and smiles as he leans his head against hers.) End of scene.

I think after a few scenes like this, then I could anticipate a more romantic ambiance between the two and it would be natural. But then again...it's just me. Anyway, since I've decided to give up on the storyline and just concentrate on LJJ, I don't feel so bad now.

Guest acemaverick

Hi, guys,

Does anybody know how to download from series veoh.com? I'm struggling with this problem, heh, madly wanna watch AC

you have to dl the player first.

then they will allow you to dl.

only IE can do it, mozila can't support it.

Guest curios2k

I would love to check out javabean's insights and comments. Is it on this thread or posted elsewhere? I couldn't find the list on the first page of this thread so if someone would be kind enough to provide the link, that would be helpful. She is usually brilliant in her analyses.

I too have given up expecting anything great from this series. I wanted so much more than what I'm getting, so never mind. I just skip to all the LJJ parts because there's no point in concentrating on the storyline anymore.

And strangely enough, I really like the doctor. The actress portraying her is doing a great job in exuding a quiet confidence and strength. I thought it was poignant and ironic that she went to JS on that island and helped take care of him when he was sick when he couldn't do the same for her when she was ill. And I liked how she let him go, despite her own pain, to help him find his own happiness -even with someone else and their last moments on the island was both tender and bittersweet.

And the kiss between JS and DK...was sweet but again, it was abrupt. There was very little build-up to that moment and then all of a sudden, she makes the first move? Although there was romantic intrigue between them from previous episodes, they actually spent very little time together and then her proposal that he come to her sounded just a teeny bit rushed. Generally, in other dramas, there are usually hints or moments when a character expresses his/her feelings about the other either through words or facial expressions throughout the episodes and by the time the kiss is supposed to happen, usually at about episode 10, viewers are heavily anticipating when that romantic kiss is supposed to take place. But when I saw this kiss in episode 9, I didn't feel that strong compelling connection between the two. I think it would have been better to have delayed the "kiss" until after a proper build up between the two have taken place. For instance, instead of the kiss, I could imagine DK and JS having a conversation. DK says to JS: "Don't run away. The man I've seen in you is strong and courageous. I know he'd stay and fight to find the answer. Don't you think so too?"

DK: When has life ever been? But running away doesn't solve anything either. Believe me...(she turns away to stare out into the water and says softly) I know. (Pretending to be cheerful again) Ahh...such a beautiful night and so many stars! (She sits down and JS looks down at her.)

DK: But not like this. (She grabs his hand and pulls him down and he half falls on her) Oof!

DK: I never said it was. Sit down and just look at those stars twinkling out there. They say that there's no two that's alike. (She rests her head on his shoulder as she looks out into the water and JS looks down at her and half smiles) This feels just right...(she closes her eyes as he looks down at her again and smiles as he leans his head against hers.) End of scene.

I think after a few scenes like this, then I could anticipate a more romantic ambiance between the two and it would be natural. But then again...it's just me. Anyway, since I've decided to give up on the storyline and just concentrate on LJJ, I don't feel so bad now.

Hi Soonjap,

Thanks for your earlier posting about ratings. That confirmed what I had assumed about ratings and advertising revenues.

I have watched both eps 9 & 10 today prior to reading javabeans posting. Ep.9 didn't really impress me that much. The writers had no sense of direction here - trying to appease viewers with that rushing kiss between HDG & KJS. I don't know where this is leading but I sense that the writers may have KHJ fight for his love interest too. That would make it more interesting and exciting to watch.

Guest ellabel

soonjap, so glad you have come to terms with regard to this drama. :lol::D

I guess with not much expectations on the story and more LJJ moments, you will at least, enjoy it now.

I like your thots on the Dr. and how beautifully the issue bet. her and JS was played out. It was really magnanimous of her to finally release him. Maybe, that's the only closure JS needs to finally pursue DG.

You and javabeans are very good writers. You can give those so-called AC writers a run for their money. The writers of AC may not know the value of building up each scene or developing each character. I dont know if it's becoz of the limited no. of eppies that they are trying to hurry up each plot or ideas to be able to show them all in one drama.

Guest ripgal

Exactly my thoughts. I thought the kiss was right and beautiful at that moment itself. But when I recall of the past episodes, the build up of their relationship wasn't that obvious to actually bring about such a kiss. We have seen so many good Korean Dramas to know how such a relationship should build up. (Remember Lovers? hahahahaha..that's what I call right and beautiful). But we can't expect so much from an action genre drama. I think the writers are trying very hard to blend both action and romance together but have not really succeeded. We either see too much action from a single episode or too much romance in another. It's really a messy sequence of story transition. But to cut it short, I liked the Ep and wasn't really disappointed. Not because I gave up on the storyline and focused on the romance or other lil elements, I still harbour some hope altho 6 eps yea is a lil bit impossible for any sort of salvation for this drama. But just because LJJ is in it...and all the other casts are amazing too. I can't..I just can't. (I hope the PD/writer reads this <_<). I haven't seen Ep 10 tho.. I'll have to come back and comment later on.

But here you go..Javabean's Kdrama Blog

http://javabeans.wordpress.com

:)

And oh, I loved your version of the intimate scene too. Ahh...the writers should just recruit you and javabeans....hahaha..

Ahh..Ji Sung/ LJJ is just so adorable..

From a pouty Ji Sung

a4f7e8d661.jpg

To a cheeky adorkable Ji Sung

cbe13c2d37.jpg

credits: imbc/ kdocn

Guest cathycasi21

Hi, guys,

Does anybody know how to download from series veoh.com? I'm struggling with this problem, heh, madly wanna watch AC

You have to make an account with veoh and then download the program that comes with it.

Guest hanihash

On the other hand, Do-Gyung is too calm, reserved, serious, and somewhat sad looking at times, (kinda like Ji-Sung, there is dark shadow about both of them, perhaps due to their past, coming with too much baggage....??)

I've only just watched Episode 9. Having read all the comments I rather agree that it was a feel good, although strangely out of place, kind of episode. Rosepetal has got a point there. I'm not warming up to these two dour characters. Why is the warmth missing from that kiss? It's lacking oommpphhhh!!! I am not expecting a wildly passionate kiss but they could have put some more feel to it perhaps.

I'm worried for this drama. It's not building any momentum for any kind of grand finale. I mean the earth is not moving, when they are together now. I don't feel any major tidal wave of emotion coming for this couple's love relationship. Are we in for a major upset ending?

What I do feel is really sorry for that Dr SMW. She cuts a tragic figure. She broke off with the man she loves because she thought she was dying. Then she wants him back so she comes to work at the airport because she wants to bump into him every now and then. She then finds out she has a rival. Then she comes all the way to their love island to nurse him back to health and then tells him she wants him to go on and be happy.

I don't know what to feel about this. She didn't say she wants him to be happy with HDK. What is she implying??? That she still loves him but because maybe he is having the hots for someone else she is letting him go and be happy while she watches from the sidelines. This sounds like emotional blackmail to me.

When he finds out that she was really ill when she forced him to break off with her, is he supposed to be able to still have the hots for that babe HDK? The guy can't get over her after three years, this is not a simple love that you can forget. I feel a premonition of impending doom all of a sudden.

I haven't watched episode 10 yet so maybe I better shut up for now.

Guest ripgal

Ep 10 consisted of more action, focusing on both DG and JS's work respectively. But I don't get why do they always have to link all the National Security cases to the airport operations? This time we have a hacker suspect trying to hack into the airport computer systems and at the same time plant a bomb in the airport. Again, I think the writers are trying to cramp everything into the same direction..in I felt it was a bit..uhh. Well, at least they did emphasise on both departments doing their own work, tho I did feel that there was an awkward transistion from the 2nd terminal part to Ji Sung's case...

But other than that, I liked the relationship part tho it was brief. JS opened up to DG..it was not a confession, but he sorta like asked DG to accept him and start a relationship with him. He did not say it directly but in a more indirect way..

Here's the short convo they had..

JS: I heard you're the one who solved the luggage transport system problems?

DG: What about you?

DG: Why did they look for you so urgently?

JS: Ah..that...

DG: Ah, right. It's confidential.

DG: I should have gotten used to it by now. But it seems like I'm not getting there yet..

DG: Anybody dating you should feel bored/dull.

DG: Since everything's a secret.

JS: That's why I need somebody who can understand me.

JS: Can you understand me?

JS: Didn't you ask me not to run away?

JS: I've decided to stay back.

Then beeper rings..urhhh..

The only complaint that I have is that when everything seems to start of well, either DG or JS gets a distracting phone call. urrhhhh...:crazy: And after that they just leave the relationship thing open and don't talk about it until they meet the next time. And when they did meet again at lunch, JS told everyone at the table that he's dating DG. (I'm not sure whether he said it genuine from his heart thinking that DG had accepted him after what he said before..or he just wanted to avoid answering questions relating to SMW..) And after that, besides DG looking somewhat surprised, nothing happened. DG did not confront or ask him why..Altho the drama is not about romance, but at least address the emotional ups and downs of the characters more vividly. There then, I felt it was quite abrupt for JS to say that..and DG just look surprised and nothing happened afterwards. But well at least, I did feel the chemistry which seemed to have died down a bit in the previous episodes. Or maybe it's just me obsessed with LJJ..hahaha..XD

Ha Joon had a lot of cute and adorable moments and I do feel bad for him constantly helping DG and JS to get together while he suffers in his own misery. Too bad DG only has eyes for our JS...

But overall I thought it was a good episode. Maybe again I didn't expect too much from it, and I thought it was a lil bit better than Ep 9.

Guest dionne_wu

Anyone has the (if i'm not wrong) guitar instrumental of Harudal?

(featured in epi. 5 in the scene where Myung Woo pleads with Ji Sung to help)

It's not in the OST right?

Ep 10 consisted of more action, focusing on both DG and JS's work respectively. But I don't get why do they always have to link all the National Security cases to the airport operations? This time we have a hacker suspect trying to hack into the airport computer systems and at the same time plant a bomb in the airport. Again, I think the writers are trying to cramp everything into the same direction..in I felt it was a bit..uhh. Well, at least they did emphasise on both departments doing their own work, tho I did feel that there was an awkward transistion from the 2nd terminal part to Ji Sung's case...

But other than that, I liked the relationship part tho it was brief. JS opened up to DG..it was not a confession, but he sorta like asked DG to accept him and start a relationship with him. He did not say it directly but in a more indirect way..

DG: I should have gotten used to it by now. But it seems like I'm not getting there yet..

The only complaint that I have is that when everything seems to start of well, either DG or JS gets a distracting phone call. urrhhhh...:crazy: And after that they just leave the relationship thing open and don't talk about it until they meet the next time. And when they did meet again at lunch, JS told everyone at the table that he's dating DG. (I'm not sure whether he said it genuine from his heart thinking that DG had accepted him after what he said before..or he just wanted to avoid answering questions relating to SMW..) And after that, besides DG looking somewhat surprised, nothing happened. DG did not confront or ask him why..Altho the drama is not about romance, but at least address the emotional ups and downs of the characters more vividly. There then, I felt it was quite abrupt for JS to say that..and DG just look surprised and nothing happened afterwards. But well at least, I did feel the chemistry which seemed to have died down a bit in the previous episodes. Or maybe it's just me obsessed with LJJ..hahaha..XD

Ha Joon had a lot of cute and adorable moments and I do feel bad for him constantly helping DG and JS to get together while he suffers in his own misery. Too bad DG only has eyes for our JS...

But overall I thought it was a good episode. Maybe again I didn't expect too much from it, and I thought it was a lil bit better than Ep 9.

i know what you mean... just feel like throwing the irritating pagers away... but we do catch a little smile on HDG just as she walks off... something's gonna happen... :)

Thanks Ripgal for the translations. I was wondering what he was saying to her after the luggage problems were resolved and at the restaurant. For the 1st part of the conversation, I think the writer just want us to see that it is difficult for them to be alone and have a decent conversation without interruptions due to their positions. You all might laught at me but think about the doctors working in the hospital. They are constantly get interrupted by pager, calls, etc.

At the 2nd part (the restaurant), I think that maybe JS felt the need to let HJ knnows of his feeling and also "assumed/hoping??" that DG would not disapproved of it and to his friend that his relationship with the doctor is over without the need to explain too much. I might be wrong but I watched this scenario a few times since I didn't understand what they were talking about and this is my opinion from watching their eyes (the four actors).

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I have a truckload of complaints that I had been trying to hold back, but it’s killing me. So, if you don't think you can handle any more criticism, let's skip this post and move on to the next one, shall we?

Remember, you have been warned.

If not for LJJ, I would've given up watching the last episode. Never mind the messy storyline, even the chemistry between the leads is going down the drain. It was seriously P.A.I.N.F.U.L for me to watch the emotionless kiss. No ladies, it wasn’t sweet and romantic. Trust me, a peck on the cheek could pull my heartstrings in different directions, but this one wasn’t doing me anything. My poor heartbeat is longing for some shock for peet’s sake. Do Kyung couldn’t convince my grandma *okay, I totally made that up* that she wanted to kiss him, let alone enjoyed it. It’s almost like the writers went “Oh, the viewers want to see them kiss. Let’s stick it in between some scenes”. Errr… Nope, it doesn’t work that way, Mr. Writer(s). They bring the idea of scotch-tape to a whole new level, let me tell you! If you can’t tell already, I’m so frustrated with these people.

And it’s too late now for me to lower my expectation of this show. You can blame the production company in marketing this drama as the biggest, expect-the-unexpected, most expensive drama ever made, for the sky-rocketed anticipation. So puuhlease, don’t blame the viewers for asking what they were promised of. Still, I do appreciate their intention to create good entertainment. Because we all know, what’s life without dramas, right?

Well, it was a good try, and better luck next time.

One more thing, I have a problem with actors who convey their emotions with monotone expression, be it sad, frustrated, or confused look. Why does it always have to be that identical signature frown? hmm… BUT! Save your bullet…I’ll keep this one to myself, and let it be a mystery for everyone else. teehee! ~silently tip-toeing to the exit door~

FYI, I admire those of you who are still supporting this show 200%, I hope I had half of your patience, so I can enjoy it for what it is and not for what it could be. I promise, this will be my last complaint *did I just hear your sighs of relief?!* lol, besides I don’t think I have any energy left in me to vent anyways.

p.s: yes, if only they can bring in our very own javabeans and soonjap to save this show ~sigh..

Guest soonjap

I've only just watched Episode 9. Having read all the comments I rather agree that it was a feel good, although strangely out of place, kind of episode. Rosepetal has got a point there. I'm not warming up to these two dour characters. Why is the warmth missing from that kiss? It's lacking oommpphhhh!!! I am not expecting a wildly passionate kiss but they could have put some more feel to it perhaps.

I'm worried for this drama. It's not building any momentum for any kind of grand finale. I mean the earth is not moving, when they are together now. I don't feel any major tidal wave of emotion coming for this couple's love relationship. Are we in for a major upset ending?

It's lacking "oommpphhhh!!!" as you so eloquently put it :lol: because we, the viewers, did NOT see any kind of romantic build up to that kiss moment. It's like, "HUH? Where did that come from?" And I have to tell you, I'm getting heartily sick of reacting this way. It would have been more appropriate for her to have embraced him and said something like, "If you want someone to lean on, I'm here for you." But that kiss just came from seemingly out of nowhere. And it took me off guard, which it's not supposed to do. Just as Javabeans explained in her blog, this is THE primary problem with this series. The writer(s) are not taking the time to develop neither the characters nor their interactions with each other. They are always leaving either people or situations hanging and that's why this series is turning out to be so dissastisfying. It's like getting to have a nibble of the most wonderful [insert your favorite food/beverage here] and then having it taken away from you. It always leaves you wanting for more, but in this series, we're not getting it back for a real taste.

And why is it that there are more viewers who sense a more romantic connection between DK and HJ? Probably because they have a lot more scenes TOGETHER (HELLO, WRITER(S)! DUH?!?). As it stands now, neither DK nor JS know that much about each other and yet we expect these two leading characters to just offer up their lips to each other without doing so? I just don't buy it - and I wouldn't take it even if it was offered up to me for free.

What I do feel is really sorry for that Dr SMW. She cuts a tragic figure. She broke off with the man she loves because she thought she was dying. Then she wants him back so she comes to work at the airport because she wants to bump into him every now and then. She then finds out she has a rival. Then she comes all the way to their love island to nurse him back to health and then tells him she wants him to go on and be happy.

I don't know what to feel about this. She didn't say she wants him to be happy with HDK. What is she implying??? That she still loves him but because maybe he is having the hots for someone else she is letting him go and be happy while she watches from the sidelines. This sounds like emotional blackmail to me.

When he finds out that she was really ill when she forced him to break off with her, is he supposed to be able to still have the hots for that babe HDK? The guy can't get over her after three years, this is not a simple love that you can forget. I feel a premonition of impending doom all of a sudden.

You may not like this, but I actually liked the scene between JS and MW. She feels like a genuine character to me and I think her scenes with JS are believable. And you won't like this even more but I could sense a truer romantic vibe between these two than the one between JS and DK. And...even worse, strangely enough, I could actually empathize with this character and for the first time, I felt like I understood her and her pain of letting her love go.

And I think that she came to the airport to see if there was a remote chance that the two of them could have a chance at love once more because she saw him outside her apartment before so she takes a risk in that he still hasn't forgotten her or stopped loving her. However, when she discovers that: (1) he still hasn't forgiven her for leaving him; and (2) he seems to have an interest in another woman, she realizes that whatever chance she thought she had, is now gone and that she can't reclaim what's been already lost. For me, it didn't seem like it was emotional blackmail. It was as if she was cutting her losses and going on with her life so that he could do the same. Why hold onto someone who seems pretty determined not to come back? I think she's trying to do him the favor as well as herself by moving on and finding some kind of closure.

Having stated this, there is still this issue of her "illness" that the writer(s) have NOT addressed. There are 3 possible scenarios that the idiot writer(s) could take with this: (1) Not address it at all and JS will never know what really happened to MW; (2) MW will have a recurrence of her cancer again and inadvertantly, JS overhears her conversation with her doctor friend; (3) MW faints just a few feet away from JS and DK and JS takes MW to the hospital where he learns about her cancer. What do all of these implications could mean? Well, my imagination tells me the following possibilities, after watching so many of these similar kind of scenarios:

1. Not addressing it at all: Well, the writer(s) have done a pretty good job so far in not addressing many important issues, so the viewer is not supposed to worry about it. After all, the writers didn't so why should anyone else?

2. MW's doctor friend tell her over the phone that MW must come to the hospital ASAP as her tests show that her cancer has reappeared and as MW asks, "What? My cancer's returned?", JS just happens to be walking and stops just behind her to be able to eavesdrop. JS then pulls her into an empty office, exam room, lounge, [insert your own private area here] and demands for an answer. **MW tearfully tells him the truth about her illness and JS is shocked and hurt and demands to know why she never told him. She explains that she didn't want to hold him back or see him put his life on hold while she was going through this disease, which didn't guarantee her survival anyway. JS insists that she should have told him with MW saying it wouldn't have changed anything because if she had to do it over again, she would still do the same thing. JS storm off and doesn't appear at the airport for a couple days and neither does MW, which makes DK very nervous. She tries calling him but although JS looks down at his phone and the caller ID flashes "New Love", he doesn't answer. DK then goes to try to find MW but is told that she had taken a leave of absence and will not be returning to the airport anytime soon. HJ, (because he's HJ) finds out about this and assumes the worst and pleads with DK to drop him for good. DK refuses, saying she knows there's a reasonable explanation. Meanwhile, JS, although he's been MIA for a couple of days, is shown standing in front of MW's apartment door. He nervously rings the doorbell and the door opens but it's not MW. Instead, it's her doctor friend who has stopped by to pick up a few things for MW. JS, startled, demands to know where MW is. Her doctor friend tells her that MW has been admitted to the cancer center to start treatment right away. JS rushes there to meet with her but finds that she's sleeping. He stands in the doorway to her room and begins to tear up to see her with all the tubes inserted in her body. He walks in slowly and sits next to her bedside and lays his head down near her hand. Next morning, MW wakes up and glances down and is surprised to see JS there. He wakens, and asks her how she's feeling. She replies that she's doing better than she expected but what was he doing here? He tells her honestly that he doesn't know what to think or do regarding her and that he's confused. MW asks JS: Do you love DK? When JS doesn't answer right away, MW tells him not to be fearful about hurting her feelings but to be honest. JS nods. MW tells him that his place right now is not with her but with DK because she's the one he needs and loves. MW thanks him for their past and for caring for her but that it's finally time to let the past go and embrace the future. MW tells him he should go and he tells her that if she needs anything but MW cuts him off and tells him, "I don't think I will but if I do...I'll let you know." JS leaves the hospital in tears but smiles as he thinks of DK and rushes to find her. It's nighttime and DK, worried, is in her office looking out the window when JS bursts in. He apologizes for being MIA and tells her that he's stopped running away because he's found his home base. She tears as she smiles and she rushes into his arms as they embrace and then later kiss sweetly.

3. JS is walking through the hospital to DK's office when he spots MW walking a few feet away. Her steps suddenly falters and she collapses onto the ground. Shocked, JS rushes to her side and shouts for medical emergency care. The ambulance takes her to the hospital where her friend rushes her to the exam room. Later on, a frantic JS demands the nurse who comes out of the room to know what's happening and she tells him that her cancer has reappeared and she's in critical condition. JS is shocked to find out and then waits until MW is conscious to ask her what happened. See # 2 starting with the 2 astericks (**) and same scenario from then onwards.

I haven't watched episode 10 yet so maybe I better shut up for now.

There's no rush really. I find that like someone posted earlier, if you drop your expectations to a really LOW level, you can actually enjoy it with humor. Yes, I know, I'm not supposed to laugh but come on...the absurdities are so many, I can't help it but laugh. I'm just gonna watch it for LJJ because, and you won't believe I'm writing this but...well...he's hot. Sadly, that's all this series has going for it. And that was my 1.5 cents worth.

Exactly my thoughts. I thought the kiss was right and beautiful at that moment itself. But when I recall of the past episodes, the build up of their relationship wasn't that obvious to actually bring about such a kiss. We have seen so many good Korean Dramas to know how such a relationship should build up. (Remember Lovers? hahahahaha..that's what I call right and beautiful). But we can't expect so much from an action genre drama. I think the writers are trying very hard to blend both action and romance together but have not really succeeded. We either see too much action from a single episode or too much romance in another. It's really a messy sequence of story transition. But to cut it short, I liked the Ep and wasn't really disappointed. Not because I gave up on the storyline and focused on the romance or other lil elements, I still harbour some hope altho 6 eps yea is a lil bit impossible for any sort of salvation for this drama. But just because LJJ is in it...and all the other casts are amazing too. I can't..I just can't. (I hope the PD/writer reads this <_<). I haven't seen Ep 10 tho.. I'll have to come back and comment later on.

Actually, "All In" was a great action genre because it captured both the thrill of the chase as well as having those great love scenes! I thought one of the writers of this series originally penned "All In"! I think regardless of what genre it is, it basically needs a good storyteller and unfortunately, the last few episodes from 5 onwards has not been one of them.

Guest ripgal

soonjap, I loved what you wrote up there. It's so typical Kdrama romance..but it's what I'd love to see. Esp the conversation between JS and MW...waahh..loved it. haha..if only MBC knew there are better writers like you and javabeans..:P

I'm just gonna watch it for LJJ because, and you won't believe I'm writing this but...well...he's hot. Sadly, that's all this series has going for it. And that was my 1.5 cents worth.

HAHAHA... if soonjap's also striken by LJJ's hotness, you can imagine why I (I'm not a good analyst on dramas and I consider myself quite shallow when it comes to dramas) am able to rewatch AC so many times. Just because...well..LJJ's in it. XD

Guest cathycasi21

Just a quick question, is Air City a three part series?

I'm actually enjoying this series so far. But I do have to agree that the storyline is a bit....all over the place. I think they tried to do something different by not having a set storyline and having different characters coming and going.

Guest fivemagic

Just watched a little bit of episode 9 uploaded by kassuma from veoh video network.........again, the video freezes and starts again, and it seems like it's getting more and more interesting, but with the video being frozen constantly, it's making me go crazy :crazy::crazy::crazy: and I'm pulling my hair really hard. I wish to see a more better network than what it is. Being said all that, I still want to thank kassuma for uploading all these episodes.

The kissing scene was hot and very passionate though.........I love the look on JS's face.

javabeans, thanks for your episode 9 summaries.......very much appreciated for all the hard work and time spent doing it. The pictures to go with the summaries is very well done and many many thanks for all the effort on your part in providing us, non-koreans, to understand what is going on in each scene.........very much appreciated........BIG thanks chingu!

Guest cathy the dork

soonjap your senarios were awesome :D

even though they are the typical senarios i still hope to see those in the drama.

but for some reason, i think MW is going to stay healthy, but DG isa possiblity of being sick :T

iono, it was just a feeling I had while watching the first few episodes.

but probably not :D

Archived