[drama 2007] Air City 에어시티

ay_link

Guest kyotoji

^^ ya... i am one of them...

But i liked KJS abit more.. cos he looks so MAN...

but i dun mind HDG with KHJ...

^^ See above post #1317 by antisocialnot ...

i cannot read the words posted - the Preview summary for Epi 7.. Any1 got the same prob? I have try changing the language encoding to korean, also cannot read.

maybe u can try changing it to unicode??

i did... :)

see my earlier post - I have try changing the language encoding to korean, also cannot read. this is the unicode that you are referring.

Never mind, i will read it from the AC official website in MBC if i can find it.

Thanks.

[edit]

(See below post)

Thanks Luv for putting up the preview 7 and 8.

This one i read it...

Episode 7 & 8 Previews...

주말특별기획「에어시티」7회

방송일자 : 2007년 06월 09일 21시 00분 ~ 22시 00분

마약이 들어있는 줄 모르고 동창 정민의 짐을 들어준 도경(최지우)은 결국 마약소지혐의로 긴급 체포당한다. 도경의 집무실이며 아파트는 강제 수색당하고, 도경은 모멸감을 느낄 정도의 강도 높은 수사를 받는다.

한편, 도경의 혐의를 풀게 할 방법이 현재 마약을 삼키고 의식불명의 상태에 있는 장한철의 증언밖에 없자 지성(이정재)은 답답해하고, 도경을 면회하러 간 자리에서 막 말을 하는 수사관의 얼굴을 친다. 이일로 지성은 직무정지를 당한다. 하준(이진욱)은 수감되어있는 도경을 풀어주기 위해 홍콩에 있는 김정민을 만나러 가는데...

주말특별기획「에어시티」8회

방송일자 : 2007년 06월 10일 21시 40분 ~ 22시 50분

공항사장의 신원보증으로 잠시 구치소에서 풀려난 도경(최지우)은 검찰의 수색으로 집안이 엉망이 되어 있을 거라는 예상과 달리 너무나도 깨끗한 거실을 보고는 놀란다. 그러다가 화병 옆에 놓인 카드를 발견하고, 명우(문정희)가 한 짓임을 알게 되자 도경은 착잡해진다.

한편, 난영(박탐희)을 통해 하준(이진욱)이 마약소지로 연류 된 자신을 구하기 위해 홍콩까지 가게 된 사실을 알게 된 도경. 하준과 통화가 되지 않자 불안해하다가 결국 홍콩으로 떠나고...

아위는 홍콩 바닷가 일각에서 누군가에게 접근해 뭔가를 얘기하고 있는 지성(이정재)을 차안에서 주시하다가 덮치는데...

Guest fivemagic

Thanks Luv for the preview of Episode 7 and 8, but can you or someone translate them into English........very much appreciated if anyone can translate this.

7875, thanks for more Han Do Kyung pics........yeah, she's pretty in that white shirt and smiling........Air City fighting!!!

Guest soonjap

Actually, i thot that "that was fast" but since I think the series is fast-paced and that there are many more plots to explore I din dwell on it. I concur tho that it really was very easy. They cud have stretch it a bit and given it more flavor.

It is really different from the usual confrontation/reconciliation scenes in the other K-dramas. You know...... how they stretch everything and make it soooo overly-dramatic......from the first meeting or encounter to the "i do not want to see or talk to you"...... to the begging..... doing everything to make-up up until the one at fault or sinner will do the most sacrificial thing for or in behalf of the aggrieved and then the eventual forgiveness..... :sweatingbullets:

But isn't that more realistic? It can't be realistic for the younger sister go over that easily. I know if I was the younger sister, and DK was my older sister, she would have to do a lot more than just beg to win me over.

Does anyone think the reunion between the sisters was unrealistic?

After 18 years...a drawing is all it takes for them to be okay again???

I hope it'll get better this week.

Yeah...major disappointment. From a writer's point of view (I mean, I'm not one but if I were one), if he/she was going to go to all the trouble to have the main female character go through major angst and an emotional scene at her aunt's house because she feels guilt and sadness about leaving her younger sister behind, and it was clear that the younger sister was completely devastated about her older sister leaving, it would stand to reason that the reunion would take place after much more struggle and that the writers would put in the time and well, scenes to depict the reunion in stages just as people have to go through psychological stages in order for a reunion to take place. I'm supposed to believe that just because my older sister draws a picture on the runway and I see it, I'll automatically throw all the resentments, hatred, recriminations from my past out the window and hug her and say, "You sure do go all out!"? I'm sorry, but I'm not that stupid, which is why I believe this series isn't doing as well as it should; given the publicity AND star power. Yes, LJJ is good looking and CJW is very pretty. But in the end, that's not what they want to be known for. Ultimately, they're actors. And to me, what makes good characters or not is whether the actors can deliver their acting to a BELIEVABLE storyline. I feel that LJJ is living up to his expectations as a highly respected actor. He's excellent. CJW is good too and it's good to see that she's shedding that "melodramatic" image behind her. But somehow I'm not convinced that the writers are living up to their end of the bargain.

I don't know who the writers are, but they have the action scenes down pat. I have no problems with either credibility or realism about those. They remind me of the American TV show "Alias" which I liked for their intense action scenes. BUT...I'm having difficulty swallowing many of the human-to-human relationship storylines that are being played out in the scenes. Here's why I'm having such difficulty trying to believe the sisters' reunion.

Ji Sung, after having met his ex-girlfriend again after some time, (but I assume it's not as long as 21 years) still can't forget or forgive her for leaving him without a word. He must have loved her quite a bit. And the scene between the two of them in the airport clinic was tense and emotional. (By the way, this actress plays a demure and professional doctor on this series but she's also in another drama "The Happy Woman" and she's fantastic! Very comedic and 180 degrees different from the one on "Air City".) He can’t forgive her for what she did to him but LK can forgive her older sister for abandoning her for 21 years just like that? Am I the only one who finds that incredibly laughable?

Cut to DK and her relationship with her younger sister. As I stated before, since the writers took the trouble of having DY go to her aunt's house to ask for the whereabouts of her sister, I assume, as the viewer, that it was somehow important. From a character's point of view, I assume that she goes to look for her sister because she somehow feels guilty and perhaps regrets having to leave her younger sister behind. So far, so good. BUT...here's where this storyline starts to fall apart for me, in regards to the whole “family” issues for DK:

It’s understandable for a father to abandon his children and then decide to take only ONE because of the stepmother and to leave the other behind but it’s NOT understandable for a mother who is an alcoholic? If the father knew about his ex-wife’s alcoholism, then he should know that the mother is unfit to take care of BOTH of his children. Regardless of who he has married, HE IS STILL THEIR FATHER and as such, he has to take responsibility for both of them. Their mother didn’t create the babies by herself. I assume she had help?!? This issue just kills me - maybe because I’m a Korean American living in the U.S. where equality of the sexes is a given and in Korea, it’s not. I can’t possibly see, though, how DK can ever justify this – EVER. The scene where she tells her younger sister about her father:

Younger sister: I heard I take after Dad.

DK: Yeah. He’s doing well. He’s in Germany now.

What is this about? The least she should have done was to apologize on his behalf. And then the brief “agreement” that neither one wants to talk about their mother? This was an intensely emotional exchange and then out of nowhere, there’s an abrupt “CUT” to the next scene. It’s like “Huh?” What happened? Did the writers run of ideas during that last scene or what? I would have preferred for them to have waited until towards the end of the series (that’s when the scenes tend to drag out anyway) to have this confrontation, extend the struggle scenes between both sisters and then to have a meaningful closure/resolution to their relationship.

2nd Exchange comes right after the younger sister is approached to do an interview with DK before the media and she’s upset so she calls DK to talk. The younger sister is furious, as we expect her to be. But what was so stunning for me to hear was DK asking her sister: Do I have to pay for something I’m not responsible for?

I was stunned to hear this because I have one question to ask DK: What is it that she wants from your sister? A relationship? One that she chose to ignore for 21 years? How do you go about that? She should have at the very least gotten on her knees and asked for forgiveness. But no…she just baldly tells her, “I was a child. I was only 10 years old.” And LK tells DK: “What? A child? ‘LK, should I draw something for you? Oh…we don’t have crayons. Let me get some.’ When you didn’t come back, I discovered that you ran away to the airport. Is that something a mere child would do?”

This is another intense exchange and then another abrupt “CUT!” to the next scene. And that’s it. The reunion happens just as abruptly in episode 6. This is in no way a realistic portrayal of a real relationship. I know that if my older sister and father abandoned me for 21 years, I’m not going to be swayed over by a mere drawing on the runway.

I understood the younger sister’s fury. And it’s true that DK WAS a child at the time and she’s NOT at fault for wanting to go to her father. HOWEVER, since the responsible one IS the FATHER and she did choose to live with him, she should be apologizing on his behalf, although she doesn’t really have to.

And if she really did feel that it wasn’t her fault, then I have a couple of questions: (1) What’s the reason she waited so long to “find” her younger sister? She could have easily had this conversation much earlier. And it’s not like she’s admitting guilt or responsibility anyway, although my sense is that if she didn’t feel guilty about something, she wouldn’t have tried to look for her younger sister either. This leads me to the 2nd question, (2) Why bother looking for her sister only to justify her own behavior? DK must have known that her younger sister would be angry. Her aunt told her as much when she went to look for LK. So what’s the point of trying to resurrect a relationship if she’s going to try to defend her actions? I don’t know: it just didn’t fly with me.

But if you love someone enough, what won’t you do? Plus, DK’s no longer a child but an adult and as such, regardless of whether she’s responsible for what happened to her younger sister, she should beg for forgiveness both for herself and her father. I could imagine DK saying to her: LK, I’m sorry. I’m not saying what Dad did was right and I have missed you every day I was gone. But I didn’t know how to tell you because I know you were hurt so badly. Do you think you can ever forgive me? I’ll do anything if you would just give me one more opportunity for us to be real sisters again.

But no, just an abrupt tear rolling down and then once again the scene’s cut. It was ridiculous. People may be saying at this point: What’s the big deal? It’s such a little thing anyway. That’s not what the story’s about. True. BUT…if the writers are going to go through the trouble of setting this up, then they have a responsibility to carry it through and build the story so that it’s credible. And while I don’t mind all the LJJ-CJW looks and glances they give one another, without a credible story then none of it makes any sense. I think that LJJ and CJW have chemistry. I’m not debating that. But I’m not a young teen girl watching this because I’m half in love with LJJ. I’m attracted to him (sure, why not? He’s very handsome!) but the reason I’m watching is for the story.

I’ll see whether this weekend’s episodes will be able to redeem this story or not. Just like many of you, I hate it when writers just drag out the scenes just to drag them out.

That was my 1.7 cents worth for today.

BUT…if the writers are going to go through the trouble of setting this up, then they have a responsibility to carry it through and build the story so that it’s credible. And while I don’t mind all the LJJ-CJW looks and glances they give one another, without a credible story then none of it makes any sense. I think that LJJ and CJW have chemistry. I’m not debating that. But I’m not a young teen girl watching this because I’m half in love with LJJ. I’m attracted to him (sure, why not? He’s very handsome!) but the reason I’m watching is for the story.

*NODS* You said it.

We're not even halfway through (assuming that they're still going for 20 episodes), and they already concluded a major conflict of the leading character. What the heck was that about? Clearly, this is the problem of having multiple writers. One who wants to peel-off the emotions of each character, and others who are more action-oriented <Have they not heard of synergizing before? Geez..>. The good thing is that they have strong actors helping them covered their flaws, though still irritatingly obvious for many of us. It's a shame that they are wasting a good story to develop throughout the drama. It could've been heart-wrenching, tear-jerking, whatever-you-call-it, with a much more meaningful closure for the two sisters...something that we can relate to or learn from. Because in the end, that's what makes a good drama.

Anyhow, the preview for ep. 7 looks very intense (and promising!). Can't wait to wrap myself in 2 hours of LJJ goodness... ~ errr.. that sounds soo wrong <_< ~

If soonjap's was 1.7 cents, then please excuse my unworthy comments. ^^

Guest soonjap

*NODS* You said it.

We're not even halfway to the end (assuming that they're still going for 20 episodes), and they already concluded a major conflict of the leading character. What the heck was that about? Clearly, this is the problem of having multiple writers. One who wants to peel-off the emotions of each character, and others who are more action-oriented <Have they not heard of synergizing before? Geez..>. The good thing is that they have strong actors helping them covered their flaws, though still irritatingly obvious for many of us. It's a shame that they are wasting a good story to develop throughout the drama. It could've been heart-wrenching, tear-jerking, whatever-you-call-it, with a much more meaningful closure for the two sisters...something that we can relate to or learn from. Because in the end, that's what makes a good drama.

Anyhow, the preview for ep. 7 looks very intense (and promising!). Can't wait to wrap myself in 2 hours of LJJ goodness... ~ errr.. that sounds soo wrong <_< ~

If soonjap's was 1.7 cents, then please excuse my unworthy comments. ^^

Certainly not. Yours were worth 2 cents because your comments cut right to the heart of the matter. I always appreciate that! In my book, it was worth 3 cents! :w00t: But I agree with you that there seems to be a huge gap between the scenes and it's disappointing that there doesn't seem to be a consistency. Rather than making CJW's character someone who works for the airport, it would have been better for her to be an UNDERCOVER NIS agent, pretending to be an administrator or an assistant administrator. I have NEVER seen an administrator away from her desk so much! That's hardly realistic either. Administrators usually are tied to their desk or usually at meetings. They're NOT at the runway helping to paint. They don't have that much time on their hands. That scene was just an incompetent attempt at fuzzy wuzzy feelings and I don't want to take away too much from that, but the writers should NOT be insulting my intelligence. I tell you if it wasn't for LJJ, I would have stopped at ep 5! I hope 7 is better.

Guest apple red

I think HDG is the head of operational, and not administrator.

That's why at the eps 1, The Director of Inchoen told HDG's boss, that since HDG's coming, he may work behind the desk and let HDG to take care operational procedure. And HDG's main job description is not behind the desk. She have to take care of anything related to operational on the airport.

Someone correct me if iam wrong

*edit*

I am right :w00t: At the front of this thread the position of HDG is Incheon Airport Operations Headquarters Section Chief. She's not The Head of Administrator. instead she's responsibilities to the airport operational. That's why she also involve the bird incident as well , since it's errupted the operational of the landing or take off the planes.

Guest apple red

Hahaha..

they're memorize the scene and practise some scene..

they're looks so friendly one to another

Guest andrewujin

hmmm... wow, the sister reunion thing really gets to many of you eh... from what i see of it, her younger sister is actually not that angry at her, or else during the time where HDK waited for her bus to arrive , she was willing to talk to HDK .... from what i think, she's ready to forgive her, just that she doesn't know how to go about it, so all the angst... remember the song said " i want to go to you so much.... .... i'm not sad anymore, i'm not angry anymore"... so its more of a feeling of wanting to see the person more than trying to blame HDK for all that she did.,.. i do agree that it seems too simplistic, but on the other hand, i'm glad that it's out of the way so that can focus on the real plot..... it'll be real draggy if this issue goes on and on and on throughout the show. even KJS and SMW's problem is starting to get to me... i know, life is not that simple.. but the complication starts because we make it so complicated...

i mean you have to admit, if your eyes is glued to the series, your mind is lingering around it even when you're not watching it, you are looking forward to weekends when this show airs... then this drama is counted not a bad thing :-)

Guest apple red

hmmm... wow, the sister reunion thing really gets to many of you eh... from what i see of it, her younger sister is actually not that angry at her, or else during the time where HDK waited for her bus to arrive , she was willing to talk to HDK .... from what i think, she's ready to forgive her, just that she doesn't know how to go about it, so all the angst... remember the song said " i want to go to you so much.... .... i'm not sad anymore, i'm not angry anymore"... so its more of a feeling of wanting to see the person more than trying to blame HDK for all that she did.,.. i do agree that it seems too simplistic, but on the other hand, i'm glad that it's out of the way so that can focus on the real plot..... it'll be real draggy if this issue goes on and on and on throughout the show. even KJS and SMW's problem is starting to get to me... i know, life is not that simple.. but the complication starts because we make it so complicated...

i mean you have to admit, if your eyes is glued to the series, your mind is lingering around it even when you're not watching it, you are looking forward to weekends when this show airs... then this drama is counted not a bad thing :-)

Yeah..i dont hope this reunion in will not getting draggy. I watched so many drama's getting draggy after they're repeat the same quarreling over and over. Such as Full House, Hello Miss and many others drama.

But at least they made it more realistic. It wasnt easy to forgive a sibling who leave you after 21 years.

Well, probably the writer want to focus more about the airport thingy than the humanistic side. Plus she / he (the writer) want to show that all the character are adult enough to deal with problem. Another moment of mature event is,eventhough KJS still disappointed with his ex, his on his way to forgive her by willing to work with her.

Anyone have translation for eps 8 ?

Guest SweetKim

주말특별기획「에어시티」8회

방송일자 : 2007년 06월 10일 21시 40분 ~ 22시 50분

공 항사장의 신원보증으로 잠시 구치소에서 풀려난 도경(최지우)은 검찰의 수색으로 집안이 엉망이 되어 있을 거라는 예상과 달리 너무나도 깨끗한 거실을 보고는 놀란다. 그러다가 화병 옆에 놓인 카드를 발견하고, 명우(문정희)가 한 짓임을 알게 되자 도경은 착잡해진다.

한편, 난영(박탐희)을 통해 하준(이진욱)이 마약소지로 연류 된 자신을 구하기 위해 홍콩까지 가게 된 사실을 알게 된 도경. 하준과 통화가 되지 않자 불안해하다가 결국 홍콩으로 떠나고...

아위는 홍콩 바닷가 일각에서 누군가에게 접근해 뭔가를 얘기하고 있는 지성(이정재)을 차안에서 주시하다가 덮치는데...

someone translated eppie 7 already. aww dang i just realized that I'm gonna miss eppie 7 live tomorrow. I hope it gets uploaded quick. xP

here's rough translation of eppie 8::

Due to personal reference from the airport president, DoKyung is temporarily released from custody. She thought that due to the search of her house, that it'll be in one big mess; however, she's surprised to find it extra clean. Next to a vase, she finds a note from MyungWoo and feels more confused and unsure as she realizes that she was the one who cleaned her house.

DoKyung finds out from her sister that HaJoon went to Hong Kong to attempt to clear her name. She leaves for Hong Kong too as she cannot reach HaJoon on the phone. (she gets worried)

Seeing JiSung negotiating with someone at a port in Hong Kong, a man attacks him...

aww..this drama's getting addicting. thx luv like always for all the caps...and thx all you guys for your input. I guess we won't be seeing a lot of the romance till' a couple more eppies.

Hello everyone~! :D

First of all, many thanks to Emily dear, ay_link, and WITHS2 members for subbing this drama and thanks to everyone else who has been providing goodies in this thread~!

Shout outs to Ellabel dear and msau99. :wub:

I watched episode 1 and now I'm hooked. Lee Jung Jae and Lee Jin Wook~!! :w00t: So far, it's very fast paced plus interesting, and I hope it continues to be like this for the rest of the series. After the handcuff incident, I love how Lee Jin Wook told Choi Ji Woo "There's your other half" when Lee Jung Jae walked out. :lol::D Can't wait to see how the love story develops. :wub:

someone translated eppie 7 already. aww dang i just realized that I'm gonna miss eppie 7 live tomorrow. I hope it gets uploaded quick. xP

here's rough translation of eppie 8::

Due to personal reference from the airport president, DoKyung is temporarily released from custody. She thought that due to the search of her house, that it'll be in one big mess; however, she's surprised to find it extra clean. Next to a vase, she finds a note from MyungWoo and feels more confused and unsure as she realizes that she was the one who cleaned her house.

DoKyung finds out from her sister that HaJoon went to Hong Kong to attempt to clear her name. She leaves for Hong Kong too as she cannot reach HaJoon on the phone. (she gets worried)

Seeing JiSung negotiating with someone at a port in Hong Kong, a man attacks him...

aww..this drama's getting addicting. thx luv like always for all the caps...and thx all you guys for your input. I guess we won't be seeing a lot of the romance till' a couple more eppies.

thanks for the translation! :) Hmmm... guess this must be the episode with the scene of JS and HJ coming up the stairs and HDG looking down... then later giving HJ a punch... right?

MW seems like a nice person... but how did she manage to go into HDG's house???

Thank you WITHS2 subbing team for the subs!!! You guys are fast!

Guest andrewujin

MW seems like a nice person... but how did she manage to go into HDG's house???

she got real jealous and broke into HDG's house :lol: .. ahaha.. kidding kidding, although it'll be nice if she becomes a little "nasty" just to spice things up..sorry couldn't help myself..

the truth: HDG saw her waitin at the bus stop for very long time, and offered her to stay at her place.

she got real jealous and broke into HDG's house :lol: .. ahaha.. kidding kidding, although it'll be nice if she becomes a little "nasty" just to spice things up..sorry couldn't help myself..

the truth: HDG saw her waitin at the bus stop for very long time, and offered her to stay at her place.

but i thought HDG only offered her place for a night?

Guest soonjap

I think HDG is the head of operational, and not administrator.

That's why at the eps 1, The Director of Inchoen told HDG's boss, that since HDG's coming, he may work behind the desk and let HDG to take care operational procedure. And HDG's main job description is not behind the desk. She have to take care of anything related to operational on the airport.

Someone correct me if iam wrong

*edit*

I am right :w00t: At the front of this thread the position of HDG is Incheon Airport Operations Headquarters Section Chief. She's not The Head of Administrator. instead she's responsibilities to the airport operational. That's why she also involve the bird incident as well , since it's errupted the operational of the landing or take off the planes.

I'd like to know one airport operations officer who's not at his/her desk. I realize that like most of us who work, we're not chained to our desk and we walk around and do other things but not to the degree that CJW's character does. All I'm questioning is the credibility of the job. That's it. I'd also like to know one Airport operations headquarters section chief (this is most likely a made up position) who would be out at the runway painting. All I'm saying is that it's not realistic. IF HDK's main job is to take care of operational procedures, what does that entail? All I see her do is run around the airport. It's true that there are crises (more than the average REAL airport would have) that arise at the airport for which she's responsible for and let's face it, this is television so there has to be conflicts otherwise there's no show, but it just seems to me that she spends an awful lot of time walking around and staring out at the planes through the airport window. Just an observation from someone who's in the "operational" position myself.

Guest hanihash

Considering I am non-Korean and not reacting to the spoken language but more on the facial expression and gestures, I could get the emotions that the sisters were trying to convey just like you said andrewujin. I kinda felt like the younger sister was angry but not bitter about what happened. Surely when you are so young, you can't be so caught up in bitterness. What remains are vague childhood memories of anger, tears and a lot of confusion. This is mixed with feelings of her missing not just her sister but her mom and dad too. So when her sister shows up, wouldn't she be so happy to see her again? Are we not giving the story a chance to unfold. I can't really react to soonjaps analysis cos I don't like Alias, I swear (PS. The action genre isn't my thing okay). But I'd say they won't dwell on the sister's story because the focus will be on HDG and KJS.

But in saying that, they still have 14 episodes more to tell us what happened to this disrupted family, the background and family history that made HDG what she is today. The sisters reunion was kinda of like the first step towards reconciliation. Both now grown up and professionals, with several thick layers of walls built around their true emotions for each other and for a family life they never really had, they are both holding back, emotionally wary, uncommitted and suspicious. I don't see any overwhelming show of emotion as the old fashioned Korean drama would have put me through by this time, but a modern way of reacting. Cool headed, no unnecessary hysterics but touching just the same. I note th fact that HDG hesitates to touch her sister, takes a minute to observe from afar and is taking the cue from how her sister reacts instead of just rushing forwards to hug her and blubber as she would have done in other Korean dramas. Totally agree with you andrewuijin on this.

Having said that soonjap, I agree the dad is really the scoundrel here for breaking up the sisters. There's more the writers can clue us in with regard to HDG's family background. They shouldn't just leave us quessing. Everyone is having loads of questions that need answers. Maybe they can sew up the loose ends in the next episodes. In terms of popularity, I'd say the story smacks of a big advertorial for Incheon International Airport. They paid big bucks to let us see the "good" side of the airport. It is spanking clean, running smoothly despite chaos and everyone is well-behaved, well-dressed and all "feely-good" team players. I wouldn't expect otherwise. Do I expect this to be a major draw among viewers? Doubt it really. the strength of the drama thus far for me is LJJ and CJW. The reason I'm glued to it is the love relationship between HDG and KJS. All the other stuff? Interesting side dishes that makes my meal really tasty but the main course alone is sumptuous enough.

Happy viewing tonite guys.

AirCity all the way!!!!

Archived