[drama 2007] Lobbyist 로비스트

Guest Soy

[sBS] Song Il Kook, Jang Jin Young, Kim Mi Sook, Han Jae Suk

Lobbyist

Writer : Choi Wan Kyu (Jumong)

Production Company : Chorokbaem Media (Jumong)

Airing : Wednesday & Thursday : 9:55 pm (OCT 3)

Episodes : 24

Filming : July

Cast:

jjyyx0.jpg

Jang Jin Young as Maria

siktp7.jpg

Song Il Gook as Harry

hjssx9.jpg

Han Jae Suk as Kang Tae Hyuk

ysevazo8.jpg

Story:

"Angel" is a drama that draws the violent fights among each country's lobbyists who say that they will gain hegemony/supremacy in the munitions industry of the world and in the drama, an American immigrant, who is a virtual South Korean woman, acts as an international arms lobbyist to the hero. A production cost of 12 billion won is to be put in as the drama location will advance in 3 overseas countries. It is expected to become the greatest drama work of the successive highest scale in the history of South Korea television.

In this drama, the heroine Mary/Maria who emigrates to the United States and loses her parents during her childhood. She then selects the arms (hazard weapon) lobbyist road for a living and to take revenge. There will be warfare/battlefield and with it is a plan where she will attempt a transformation as the gorgeous queen of the fashionable society who comes and goes to parties.

(munitions = military supplies such as bombs and large guns)

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest loving_D

ooo, the unconfirmed cast sounds really nice though! i hope they go through with it. i love song il gook (amazing actor) and kim tae hee is pretty. it'd be a pretty interesting match.

I was previously looking for this thread and was also surprised that there is no thread.

If they postpone the filming to fit Song Il Kuk's schedule, this might happen then? I think he definitely deserves a long restful vacation after all those Jumong episodes!

I am kind of unsure about SBS's big scale productions though..heeheee...That doesn't provide any credibilty to me.

Waiting for news...=)

The second male lead has been pretty much confirmed: HAN JAE SEOK

4copytm9.jpg

HJS, an actor will come back to the screen to fill his blank, 5 years after his last performance

drama ‘Dae Mang’ 2002.

(There were no formal JS’s interview about his new management company but I think JS has

already signed with ‘Yedang Entertainment’.)

HJS decided to participate in SBS <Angel>. This expected drama will be broadcast on Kor.

TV on July.

According to this article, HJS has already finished a basic conference with all the <Angel>

production team. HJS decided to participate in this drama because 'his character is very

attractive enough to display all his originality and style'.

Drama <Angel> treats the story of the international arms dealer’s and the lobbyist’s activities.

HJS will act the part of a successor of a main munitions business company in Korea. He is a

young businessman with perfect appearance using a refined phraseology. He has an innate

ability as a lobbyist and a master schemer. He designs to sweep over the whole of Asia.

In this drama <Angel> HJS will have fateful confrontation with a main character, Song Il Kuk.

HJS was filming the part of ‘Yemun’ in <See God> before but because of his military issue,

he stopped over and then Song Il Kuk got the chance to be substituted as ‘Yemun’ and

became a big star. Between HJS and Son Il Kuk already exist mysterious relations. They will

match together in this drama <Angel>, and that fact makes more interesting point.

Credits: http://cafe.daum.net/29js

It is confirmed Han Jae Seok signed under Yedang Entertainment (the same entertainment company as Choi Ji Woo, Jang Jin Young, Hwang Soo Jung, and others).

HJS was one of the 3, along with Song Seung Hun and Jang Hyeok that got caught in the military scandal.

They tried to dodge their military duties by faking medical problems that would clear them from military service..

But before the whole military scandal happened, he was in a lot of popular dramas like All About Eve, 4 Sisters, Glass Shoes, Model, Dae Mang, and many other dramas.

i dont know about the cast >< all i know is that this seems to be a highly anticipated series, and it looks rather interesting. its deals with a really different subject, in comparison with most of the k-dramas out today. You know i think its funny how KBS is releasing the drama, The Devil this year, while SBS is releasing Angel .. haha how amusing, and the topics dont even really relate to one another, its just the titles that crack me up.

It would be nice to SIK in this drama.

But Kim Tae hee has already stated that she wont be doing this drama. So i dont expect her to be in the cast, unless the PD is able to talk her into it.

The second male lead has been pretty much confirmed: HAN JAE SEOK

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/2827/4copytm9.jpg

Credits: http://cafe.daum.net/29js

It is confirmed Han Jae Seok signed under Yedang Entertainment (the same entertainment company as Choi Ji Woo, Jang Jin Young, Hwang Soo Jung, and others).

HJS was one of the 3, along with Song Seung Hun and Jang Hyeok that got caught in the military scandal.

They tried to dodge their military duties by faking medical problems that would clear them from military service..

But before the whole military scandal happened, he was in a lot of popular dramas like All About Eve, 4 Sisters, Glass Shoes, Model, Dae Mang, and many other dramas.

ok thanks .. so i guess hes the second male lead, but is it confirmed that SIK is the male lead then ?

Guest angel2nyt

if im not mistake.. song il gook already confirmed this..

but kim tae hee already denied that she's going to be in this drama..

han jae suk...

he's the second lead AGAIN

credits to Dramaok at the Jumong thread...

20070124113023199e0_113023_1.jpg

'jumong' song il-guk

will star in modern drama sbs 'angel' after completion of 'jumong'...

the new drama 'angel' will also be about a man's coming of age story centering around the profession of a lobbyist, and currently about 5-6 episode scripts are completed.

'angel' will go into filming stage around may, thus actor song il-guk will have a 1-2 month resting period before his next acting project after 'jumong'.

though song has not signed the contract for 'angel' the writer of 'angel', choi wan-gyu, who is also the writer of 'jumong' told reporters it was already set.

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...p;newssetid=746

well .. tech. SIK hasnt signed the contract for angel yet, but the Writer has confirmed that SIK is the male lead. So in a way its an oral agreement at the moment ? i really cant tell if hes the lead or not though, what if he decides not to do it ?

Guest hamonrye

This drama sounds interesting. It will be good to see HJS again. But why does he always choose to be the 2nd lead? Hope he won't die here. He always dies in his dramas.

Guest fivemagic

This drama sounds interesting. It will be good to see HJS again. But why does he always choose to be the 2nd lead? Hope he won't die here. He always dies in his dramas.

hamonrye, I hate to see him die too.......I don't know why but you are correct, in most of his dramas, he always die, except for "Four Sisters", in which he played the lead guy and a HAPPY ending. I don't know if he wants to play the second lead himself or that was being done through the producer or what, but since he's been done with his military service, I would think that the producer of "Angel" should consider him to be the lead instead of the other guy. I don't have any offense against the other guy as the lead, but I would love to see HJS instead.

When do they start filming? Any clue on who will be the leading lady?

i hope neither SIK or KTH will be in this drama....

SIK i think needs a break from jumong (<3) and KTH ehhhhhhhhhhh i think her bad acting skills will drag the drama down; besides, KTH and SIK don't match imo.

This drama 'sounds' promising. I'd love to see Song Il Kuk in a modern drama. Much as I like Han Jae Suk, frankly, I dont think he is popular enough YET to be the main lead. However, I hope that in this drama, he will play his role outstandingly so that he will be casted as the lead actor in future dramas. Just like the case of OH JI HO.

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...;newssetid=1352 --> the last paragraph just talked about the sbs drama 엔젤 (Angel) ... it says that 송일국 (Song Il guk) and YEH are still not confirmed in the drama... it will have 24 eps with 10B won of production cost that will start in july... and YEH is also considering the drama 스무살 미스맘 (i'm not sure about this 'twenty year old miss mom') ... i think the drama that KSW, SSH and KSY will be in is different.

well i hope that YEH takes her time in deciding... although it would be interesting to see her in a different role, epecially the one in 'angel' ...

OH I had a feeling that she was taking up this series like 2 months ago, haha i guess my prediction was right :). YEH is considering Angel along with another project. :)

OH I had a feeling that she was taking up this series like 2 months ago, haha i guess my prediction was right :). YEH is considering Angel along with another project. :)

I am pretty sure she'll do a really good job if she decides to take it...afterall she is known as the "Young Girl Warrior" in X-Man...those weapon and fighting scenes will be peanuts :lol:

Guest deneira

i've read about this upcoming drama <angel> late jan... with the plot described.. could it be categorized in action-drama genre??

YEH's consideration as female lead.. got more interested... offers are really pouring, happy about it... still on deciding stage...

soy: nice title trending nowadays... you think??

jen: suits for eun hye's physical prowess, missed that "young girl warrior"...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest yulianty

Any news regarding the leading male? I think the project will start soon...SIG haven't sign the contract?

Guest loving_D

yoon eun hye is considered for the female lead?? err...i dont think she and song il gook would go well together. shes really quite young and shes a new actress while song il gook is an older much more experienced actor. i dont know, i hope that they choose wisely.

Guest C51236

Any news regarding the leading male? I think the project will start soon...SIG haven't sign the contract?

no i dont think so cuz jumong just finished airing... and then the entire crew is going away on a trip withe the ENTIRE cast.... forgot where they're going.... and he needs his rest since this drama aired for almost a yr..... ummmm. then him, HHJ, and some others r gonna go c goryegero...(didnt spell that rite...).... so nothing is official yet... dont know if he is actually gonna participate in this drama or not...\

wish YEH was able to have participated in the 'QSS' oh well.... what will be will be rite????

about her and SIG... i agree he is older than her and it'll b interesting to see her out of her natural element... this drama is serious... about politics and stuff... neve seen her in anything like this b4....but he's not that much older than her rite??? maybe by 8 yrs??? or is it more.??? i think SIG is around mid 30s????

KTH is probably more suited for this role since she has been in some serious roles... etc.... havent seen her in any drama since 'Love story in harvard' and 'forbidden love'..... what 4 yrs. now????.... she needs a drama... whether it's this one or not???

who's the supporting actress???? :sweatingbullets:

so excited about this series!!! i would love to see SIG in a modern day story ... i mean for the past two series he has done ... he was always in a costume!!!! ;) it would be great to see him in suits this time!!! so i hope he signs to do this!!! PLEASE!!

YEH??!!! for the female lead ... hmmm .... i love YEH!!! but please forgive me when i say that i don't see her in the role. i would have loved to see her in the series QSS ... since the character description fits her really well ... but i sense that this is going to be a drama/action series ... i don't know ... but i don't see YEH in a drama series in the likes of 'angel' (the way i can imagine the story 'angel' would be!). maybe someone like HJW or LNY will fit the role better. just my opinion ....

Archived