[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG!! I just started watching this series yesterday..i love it very much..i love minki!! i love chae rim too..they both are excellent actors!!! this series is so interesting..it's dynamic..I LIKE IT VERY MUCH..

Making 6: mms://211.106.66.140/moretv/making25_300/dra_dalja06_300.asf

It's a 9min interview w/ Gong Hyun Jin (remember in 1 of the KBS DMZ articles, on the filming site, from yesterday, in the picture towards the bottom, there were the words "coming soon!"?) I think this is the first of the interviews w/ the 3 men of Dal Ja's Spring

Guest simply_dream

aigoo i cant wait to watch ep 11... all the caps and spoilers sound so good XD besides from the um gi joong part... but hey! that portrait at the end told us exactly what's happening =) they might both be with other people, but their's a red string that ties them together so they cant seperate, yay!

Guest AlecRuby

I haven't been in the thread for some time. Can anyone tell me the progress between CR and Min Ki? Are they or are they not together yet? I see that Min Ki look so in love with her. Is he by the way the main lead or the other older guy?

The red string of fate (unmei no akai ito,運命の赤い糸) (also referred to as the red thread of destiny, red thread of fate and by other variants) is an East Asian belief. According to this belief, everyone is connected to another person by an invisible red string that is tied to the ankle or little finger of his or her left hand (though there are other variants on the legend). The two people connected by the red string to is said to be the destined lover. It is similar to the Western concept of soulmates or a twin flame. It is a concept very popularly referenced in anime and manga. A notable example is Ai Yori Aoshi, which frequently references this concept.

from wikepedia

so this will be the basis of ep12's panel?? so it's DESTINED LOVE for DJ and TB after all :) :) *swoon*

i love the panel!!

THANKS SO MUCH WITHS2 FOR THE SUBS!!

and sayuri for episode 11 reups!! :)

and fashionista for all the wonderful caps!!

I haven't been in the thread for some time. Can anyone tell me the progress between CR and Min Ki? Are they or are they not together yet? I see that Min Ki look so in love with her. Is he by the way the main lead or the other older guy?

there is progress i can tell... DJ and TB's feelings for each other are getting stronger.. unfortunately there are lots of blocks that they cant make their relationship official. and yes, MinKi is the male lead here :)

Guest badhairday

OMG, thanks so much withs2 for the episode 6 subs. I'm one of those who do not watch the series without the subs!!! Thank you so much!!!

another article on today's episode:

달자의 봄 ‘타이타닉’ 패러디에 네티즌 폭소

20070208114054153e7_114516_0.jpg

이번엔 ‘타이타닉’이다.

연일 기발한 패러디로 화제를 모으고 있는 KBS 2TV 수목드라마 ‘달자의 봄’(극본 강은경/연출 이재상)이 이번에는 세계적인 흥행 영화 ‘타이타닉’을 흉내내 화제다.

7일 방송에서 달자(채림 분)는 태봉(이민기 분) 일주일 째 집에 들어오지 않자 태봉이 여자와 함께 있는 것 같아 불안했다. 사실 태봉은 변호사 시절 인연을 맺은 동생인 희연(최은서 분)이 병원에 입원해 집에 들어가지 못했다. 가족이 없는 희연을 위해 태봉이 정성스레 간병을 한 것이다.

이런 사실을 모르는 달자는 엉뚱한 상상을 하게 됐다.

달자의 상상 속 태봉과 희연은 영화 ‘타이타닉’의 주인공. 레오나르도 디카프리오와 케이트 윈슬렛으로 각각 변신한 태봉과 희연은 타이타닉의 유명한 장면을 패러디했다.

'My Heart will Go on' 노래가 흘러나오며 유람선의 난간에 서서 두 팔을 벌리고 바람을 맞는 모습이 타이타닉의 주인공을 닮아있지만 어딘가 어설퍼 보이는 두 사람의 모습에 시청자들은 웃음을 참을 수 없었다.

이 장면이 방송되고 달자와 태봉이 연결되기를 바라는 시청자들은 희연과 태봉의 러브라인을 반대하는 글을 게시하기도 했다. 병원에서 희연이가 태봉이를 바라보는 눈길이 심상치 않다는 점을 느낀 시청자들은 “제발 희연이와 사각관계 만들지 말아 달라”, “희연이 때문에 태봉이 갈팡질팡 하면 안된다” 등 단호한 의견을 남겼다.

그동안 ‘달자의 봄’은 인기리에 종영한 KBS 2TV ‘황진이’를 비롯해 영화 ‘킬빌’, ‘동물의 왕국’ 등을 패러디해 시청자들에게 뜨거운 관심을 받았었다. 이밖에 뉴스앵커로 변신한 채림의 모습도 화제가 됐었다.

매회 선보이는 기발한 패러디로 시청자를 사로잡는 ‘달자의 봄’. 흥미있는 스토리와 함께 다음 패러디는 어떤 것이 될까 기대하게 된다는 팬들이 늘어나고 있다.

[뉴스엔 엔터테인먼트부]

기사제보 및 보도자료 newsen@newsen.com

손에 잡히는 뉴스, 눈에 보이는 뉴스(www.newsen.com)

Guest cafeaulait

DJ's choice at the end of ep. 11:

According to Sunjoo, the 3 questions to ask yourself to know whether you've started love someone are:

1. Because of him, have you felt overwhelmed* and happy?

2. Because of him, has your heart ached in pain?

3. Because of him, have you felt terribly lonely?

DJ realizes her heart is already running toward the one she loves, i.e. TB. But her head keeps telling her to stop because she'll only end up with scars. She believes love is not destiny but choice, and at 33 she wants not a man of destiny but a man of her choice.

I think what DJ might mean is that if she believed in fated love, she would think she was destined to be with TB and have the courage to throw herself at him, but now that she's old enough to know that love is about choice, she's scared that her love with TB won't work out. But look what the creators did with the last panel - they drew DJ and TB connected by the strings of fate! Don't give up yet, DJ. :)

P.S. Ever notice that there are a ton of conversations in the restroom?

*I need to check this word in the dictionary later - "bukchada"

---

Grandma's reaction to TB living with DJ:

She tells DJ and TB to come up with a wedding date by the end of the month. Outside the apt, she says, "I knew it was Spare Tire! I feel so refreshed/relieved!"

reposting from the Chae Rim thread, credits to CindyW888

-------

[News] The Most Matched TV Couple of the Valentine's Day

200702081132151110_1.jpg

[My Daily / StarNews / Joynews / Yonhap News / iNews] 2/8/07

The online shopping mall "www.mple.com (엠플)" and the Chocolate company "Ferrero Rocher (페레로로쉐)" together conduct a survey on "The Most Matched Couple of the Valentine's Day", and the result is:

Eric-Park Shi Yun (36%), Yoo Jae Suk-Na Kyung Eun (유재석-나경은, 28%), and Jo Seung Woo-Kang Hye Jung (조승우-강혜정, 18%).

In 8 days, about 7000 people are polled about on "The Most Matched TV/CF Couple of the Valentine's Day", and the result is:

Bi (Rain)-Lee Na Young (37%), Chae Rim-Lee Min Gi (27%), Yeh Ji Won-Ji Hyun Woo (27%), and Lee Mi Yun-Yoon Gye Sang (9%).

As to the survey on "The entertainer you'd like to give chocolate to on the Valentine's Day", the result is:

Kang Dong Won (33%), Lee Min Gi (30%), Bi (28%), and Se7en (9%).

Source:

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...702081132151110

http://star.moneytoday.co.kr/view/star_vie...020811292368373

http://joynews.inews24.com/home/view/joyne...g_serial=247512

http://www.inews24.com/php/news_view.php?g...p;g_menu=020100

----------

Guest n5y17cgirl

First of all.... OMG!!! Much like the scene translated below, my heart was quite "full" after watching today's ep and I was left rather speechless. This ep wasn't exactly what I expected. Don't get me wrong, it was good all the same. And there were quite a few sweet moments b/t TB and DJ. But wow...

DJ's choice:

According to Sunjoo, the 3 questions to ask yourself to know whether you've started love someone are:

1. Because of him, have you felt overwhelmed* and happy?

2. Because of him, has your heart ached in pain?

3. Because of him, have you felt terribly lonely?

DJ realizes her heart is already running toward the one she loves, i.e. TB. But her head keeps telling her to stop because she'll only end up with scars. She believes love is not destiny but choice, and at 33 what she wants is not a man of destiny but a man of her choice.**

P.S. Ever notice that there are a ton of conversations in the restroom?

**I think what DJ might mean is that if she believed in fated love, she would think she was destined to be with TB and have the courage to throw herself at him, but now that she's old enough to know that love is about choice, she's scared that her love with TB won't work out. But look what the creators did with the last panel - they drew DJ and TB connected by the strings of fate! Don't give up yet, DJ.

:)

---

Grandma's reaction to TB living with DJ:

She tells DJ and TB to come up with a wedding date by the end of the month. Outside the apt, she says, "I knew it was Spare Tire! I feel so refreshed/relieved!"

oops, I was just about to post a spot translation for this, but cafeaulait beat me to it. :rolleyes:

I hope you don't mind since I already worked on it... It just has a few more lines in addition to what you've already shared.

To give you some background first:

Earlier, in their bathroom scene, SJ asks DJ if she loves TB. (SJ finds out from UKJ that DJ and TB are living together.)

SJ: Do you love "the younger man"?

DJ: No, it’s not to that point yet, SJ.

SJ: If it’s not, then there’s no reason why you can’t date UKJ.

From now on, don’t think of matters such as men and love as fate/destiny. Rather think of it as a choice… Date both of them. If [what you said is true that] you really don’t love him yet.

DJ: How do you know if it’s love? Just b/c your heart flutters, just b/c you miss him doesn’t always mean that’s love. No one decides that at a certain point "o.k. from here on out, this is love." So how do you know?

SJ: Is your heart happy & full(overflowing) b/c of him? Does your heart hurt b/c of him? Are you terribly lonely b/c of him? Then, you’ve started [to love].

DJ (to herself): It’s started?... I’ve started to love??

Fast-forward to the last scene…

UKJ: …I’ve been waiting for you for 30 min. So no more excuses about not having any time, o.k.? Get in. Let’s go somewhere with a nice atmosphere.

DJ thinking to herself

o.k. I admit my heart may already be running towards love.

However on the other hand, my head is telling me to just give up. That it won’t work. That without a doubt, I’ll only end up getting hurt.

DJ (to UKJ): Let’s go.

DJ thinking to herself

Anyway in the end [they say] whether it be love or men – it’s a choice, not fate/destiny. My age: 33. At my age, what I wanted more was a choice rather than fate.

*THE END*

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

*btw, you were right about 'buk chada' - it means to be so full to the point of overflowing.

And I LOVE the fact that they have all their heart-to-hearts in the ladies' restroom. :lol:

DJ is definitely scared to be with TB. If she allows herself to really feel what she already admits to have begun feeling, then that would make her vulnerable. (But then again, isn't that what love is all about anyway? How can you truly love if you don't make yourself vulnerable to that person? It's a risk one must take.) And at this point, she doesn't think she can handle that, or rather CHOOSES not to handle. So choosing to go with UKJ in the car, I think, is more a defense mechanism than it is her choosing UKJ over TB (even if she is choosing with her head and not her heart).

Yay! The red string!!! can't wait to come home from work tomorrow to dl and watch episode 12. can't wait for that *hug* scene!

Guest dramaok

edit:oh haha i posted the same time as n5y17cgirl. ^^ (my internet flickered so i was frozen for a while)

okay i'll let you experts translate.. but i just posted this one cuz i thought it was beautiful what she said.

DJ's choice at the end of ep. 11:

i think you translated exactly right. ^^

벅차다 = overwelming (too much to handle)

seon-ju said,

그사람때문에 가슴이 벅차고 행복해?

because of him, does your chest feel overwelmed and happy?

그 사람때문에 마음이 아프고 저려?

because of him, does your heart ache and sore?

그 사람때문에 지독하게 외로워지기도 해?

because of him, do you also get severly lonely?

그럼.....시작된거야....

if so... then it (love) has started.

---------

but seonju also told her it doesn't matter.. because in the end love and man is your choice, not destiny.

there's something major wrong w/ this thinking by seon-ju... she doesn't believe in what she just said.

neither does dal-ja.. but she is choosing to go against what she knows. >< so sad...

Guest babymarzy07

edit:oh haha i posted the same time as n5y17cgirl. ^^ (my internet flickered so i was frozen for a while)

okay i'll let you experts translate.. but i just posted this one cuz i thought it was beautiful what she said.

i think you translated exactly right. ^^

벅차다 = overwelming (too much to handle)

seon-ju said,

그사람때문에 가슴이 벅차고 행복해?

because of him, does your chest feel overwelmed and happy?

그 사람때문에 마음이 아프고 저려?

because of him, does your heart ache and sore?

그 사람때문에 지독하게 외로워지기도 해?

because of him, do you also get severly lonely?

그럼.....시작된거야....

if so... then it (love) has started.

---------

but seonju also told her it doesn't matter.. because in the end love and man is your choice, not destiny.

there's something major wrong w/ this thinking by seon-ju... she doesn't believe in what she just said.

neither does dal-ja.. but she is choosing to go against what she knows. >< so sad...

the feeling she (DJ) has is overwhelming? or she feels overwhelmed at the moment to know? ahhhh its never ending debate of all time.. whehter to listen to ur head or ur heart when in talking about love... i hope DJ would change her mind or TB would help change her mind.. <_< just a few more hours... oh the wait..

Archived