Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

Guest frances

Good Morning Liez and Frances,

Still sleeping? Wake Up! Wake Up! bb (early Bird) has caught the B worm before you! You're lucky to get a small piece that she is sharing with you.:lol:

Here is the sweet and delicious worm that you've missed this morning! :lol:

http://club.brokore.com/ftp/photo/200505/1...7_doraemonn.jpg

good morning del :) thanks for the link, i'm now truly & widely awake 10_1_5.gif

zzzzz24qr.jpg

bb posted in quilt that yong joon wore the same yellowish shades during the Untold filming, is this the one ?

zzzzz32lc.jpg

Liezle unni, i've decided not to do my "oe chool" today, i got hit by sunday laziness ;)

Guest baeonly

good morning del :) thanks for the link, i'm now truly & widely awake 10_1_5.gif

zzzzz24qr.jpg

bb posted in quilt that yong joon wore the same yellowish shades during the Untold filming, is this the one ?

zzzzz32lc.jpg

Liezle unni, i've decided not to do my "oe chool" today, i got hit by sunday laziness ;)

Oh my goodness his sunglass or whatever glass he had on is so ugly......and what happened to that killer smile.....I loved most about him is his smile........he has such a sweet, bright and killer smile......but the above picture his smile is so weird.......looks kinda .........he has an overbite.

zzzzzzzz2cr.jpg

from amadienne

posted in quilt

Very nice pix......I wish I can be able to draw like that......that is the BAE I want to see.......very sexy and dreamer..........

Guest frances

hello baeonly welcome to yong joon's thread :) come on, give the guy a break, its one of those pics that he may not look his best, but i'm sure you know better than that as a BYJ fan...& those glasses, he seem to like it so lets leave it at that , ok ?

Guest frances

Geudae posted this on the freeboard of Daum.net's byjintoronto Cafe(cafe.daum.net/byjintoronto).

translated & posted by Joanne in quilt freeboard

BYJ Interview [Woman Joongang]October 2005

As soon as he took a seat, he ate a doughnut saying he was hungry. Although I thought he might control his eating habit thoroughly even now having heard about his dieting story which was close to asceticism around the time of shooting his photo album, he seemed to become much free from it(dieting).

As he took a bite of a doughnut, his manager ran to me quickly and asked him "Shall I bring a mirror for you?" handing him a piece of napkin. After wiping lightly around his mouth with his hand, (BYJ) sent sign that it was all right and he did not ask for a mirror.

First, I loosened the atmosphere with story on the film.

He did not watch the 'Oe Chool(April Snow)' not only at the preview screening but also for a while after it opened. What was the reason for not watching the finished piece of the film which he said to have filmed with such elaboration, and with hard wotk. His answer was that (he was) apprehensive and nervous. Going to see the film seemed to be a really a tremendous 'oechool(outing)' for himself.

"Previously, I was able to predict to some extent the box-office result of the work or reaction of audience. That was because I created the character and I acted according to my idea. You, as a reporter know, don't you. (The fact that I am) a style of always preparing thoroughly and living locked up in that. However, because I acted throwing all that away in this time, I was very much anxious about how the result would be. You can imagine why I became exhausted right after the filming was over."

He made up his mind to appear in 'Oe Chool(April Snow)' before he even read the scenario. That was he decided only seeing the fact that it was film by Director Hur Jinho of 'Christmas in August' & 'One Fine Spring Day'. To that extent, he had enthusiasm and conviction toward the film. However, while I was hearing his saying that he could not watch (the film) after he actually finished it, I could read even a little conflict and agony he would have suffered while he was working in it. BYJ confessing that he was like a child given up in front of camera.

"I felt really dreadful when director said 'try once'. Although director said it very much gently, when I asked him 'How shall I do?', he started rolling camera saying 'Uh, Just....'. He is a person who does not have any particular explanation. Although I had always calculated and set up ahead of time before immersing into situations and characters, I could not do that in this time. Because each time was an unexpected situation and a defenseless state, I felt a lot as if I was imprisoned inside a dark tunnel."

It was that BYJ's style of thoroughly preparing from one to ten and Director's 'open' directing have collided head-on. Although the director was all right just to be waiting without saying anything, in order to keep up with that, BYJ might have agonized seriously for himself. What can happen if one would not give time or composure to prepare to a person who says that he himself is not a genius-type but (making) effort-type. However, to tell the conclusion first, Director Hur feels very much satisfaction by the acting BYJ displayed in the 'Oe Chool(April Snow)'. He is proud of himself that he took out natural charm (people) could not have found in BYJ until now.

"Although the acting with explosion of emotion was really difficult in the past, the acting of exploding and expressing (emotion) was rather easy in this time. I felt singular(unusual) that I was able to act like that. The problem was that such scenes were only 2 or 3 (in the film)(Laugh). There continued complex and delicate emotional actings without saying lines nor expression. I am telling you that I shot 30, 60 times for one scene. While I was doing such things, I could not help but to become a person Insoo at one moment. I felt that I could say that those are actings in which I did not do a single lie. To the extent that I even felt that there still left a lot of stories for me to tell when the filming was over. It was really the first time that I had such feeling. Having never done ad-lib even once & having never made even a trivial facial expression without planning until now, while I was filming this movie, at a certain moment. my ad-lib was making opposite actor perplexed(Laugh)."

Marriage

He did not give an answer like he was too busy to spare time to think about marriage. Born in 1972, he is 34 years old in Korean way, he is a man saying that he would like to marry soon and build a beautiful family.

"After going around as busy as like this, when I go home and stay alone, I feel really lonesome. It seems that the more time passes, the deeper the loneliness. The feeling at this time is also different from that in my 20ish. I tell you that even meeting friends did not change such loneliness. However, there is limit in meeting people. My life is like that. In the past, a foreign paparazzo had chased me in Seoul for 2 month, he told me later on, there was nothing to expose. Going to gym, going home, going to office.....my life is really that monotonous. As I am doing that, people I am able to meet are limited. I am not a personality of going to any party and mingle with. I wonder when I would meet a person, fall in love, and marry(Laugh)....Nowadays, I am thinking that a woman in the style of wise mother and good wife like Seoyoung might be all right as a wife. I would like to meet a woman who is able to see the same place with me."

When he returns to his apartment house where he lives alone after finishing work, he enters to his official homepage after taking a shower. The writings left by his fans inspire vitality in hin like everyday vitamins. The routine daily liviing as if a student who has worked hard in school comes home and faithfully studies going over works, he is a person whose disposition itself is different from entertainers who cannot control their overflowing ggi(difficult to translate-in a good way: talent: in a bad way: desire to expose oneself) so that they have to release them in any way. In some aspects, he is pretty much cautious and also is unassuming. He is also not confident in singing and danding. He told that when he was a child, he have not played marble-hitting game or card-board hitting game all the people would play. His family who still look marvelously at him who eats and lives by acting.

"Around the time when I began acting, I very much wanted to study overseas. That was I began acting in order to provide expense to study overseas. Although there were offers for CF or acting even when I was working in the film directing department, I never thought that I would really act."

If (he had) enough money for studying overseas, Asian star of WLS might not be born. The future of people is unknown. He at present is creating enormous economical value with one hand gesture, and one smile. In case of the 'Oe Chool(April Snow)' alone, it made tremendous amount of profit as it was already exported to various nations in Asia even before it was released domestically. How much would he feel heavy on his shoulders on the other hand being proud of the fact that 3 letters of his name is moving Asia. It is not difficult to guess his inner mind. Now, he lost freedom to be evaluated by acting alone.

"At certain moments, I had thought that my life was heavy and burdensome. However, at this time, I consider it thankful that I was given such role. I would like to do all my best efforts once I might as well have to do it. Although I might feel it burdensome again in some day of course, at present I would like to do it well without thinking like that. My wish is that the Korean Current would not be an exlusive(unfriendly) culture wrapped up in one direction. It should develop into a level of communication where we share and complement culture each other. How long the current popularity last, I cannot tell. Because I am overloaded with things I have to agonize over at this very moment.(Laugh)."

Reported by Yoon Goeun (Reporter at Yonhap News Agency)

BYJ is walking business.

Probably, he has made so much money that it might be difficult for himself to estimate how much.

At the time when all the things regarding him are calculated in numbers, I met BYJ whom it is difficult to interview like taking down stars in the sky.

I could not sense excited atmosphere from him.

The star who is creating a stir in Asia was too composed and open-hearted.

Copyright ©Woman Joongang

Guest baeonly

hello baeonly welcome to yong joon's thread :) come on, give the guy a break, its one of those pics that he may not look his best, but i'm sure you know better than that as a BYJ fan...& those glasses, he seem to like it so lets leave it at that , ok ?

Ops I am so sorry ……….I only being honest, and always telling based on what I have noticed with my own eyes…….I always speak out from the true heart. I still like him and only him…….he’s my only GUY……..just the sunglass that I don’t like and also that smile. I wanted him to be PERFECT………………….ALL THE TIME………I had a high standard and expectation for him………he must be MR. PERFECT..........so he can and will be my only guy. :):blink:

Guest frances

Rok posted this on the Freeboard of City of Yongjoon.

reposted by joanne in quilt

~ tomato99 posted in quilt that Esquire Japan will issue a new special dec 2005 edition w/ new BYJ photos & interview..looking forward to that ;) in the meantime, here are the BYJ pics taken for the feb 2005 issue ~

BYJ in Esquire Japan-February 2005

823.jpg

824.jpg

825.jpg

zzzzzzzz2cr.jpg

from amadienne

posted in quilt

I absolutely love this drawing of him. So nicely done and looks very realistic. Did you draw it Frances? If yes, then you are really artistic and have great drawing skills. If only I could draw that well.

Hi Frances and the rest of the Baegals...I'm back from my "oe chool"

Warm welcome to baeonly!

Unni, I've my April Snow Another Story and Aprils Snow OST...yahoo!!!! I'm listening to the OST now and in a little later i'll be watching the DVD. I'm so excited!!!

Ok, what have I missed?

[sPUR Special] " What was Real Bae Yongjoon like?"

from SPUR Home Page

translated from Japanese to English by Myonne

posted in BYJ's Quilt

The interviewer will answer this question.( Sorry, to tell the truth, I myself am a bit of fan of BYJ.)

"Everyone who can meet BYJ in person cannot resist loving him!"

"I should be composed since this is my JOB." Thus thinking, I went to the hotel for interviewing him.

"Was he handsome?"

"Of course, he was."

"Was he good-natured?"

"Yes, absolutely."

"Then, how was the interview?"

Well.

November 27, 2004, 4pm, in the suite room of Tokyu Capital Hotel in Tokyo. Lighting OK, tape recorder ready. What left is just to wait for him to appear.

"Now he is changing his clothes, so please wait just for a while.", his manager told us, pointing to the door of the anteroom, from which we could hear him laughing merrily.

After ten minutes passed, the door opened. "Konnichiwa.(Hello, in Japanese)", BYJ said with our backnumber Spur in his hand.

"This is a fabulous magazine."

"Th, Thank you very much."

With this concerned happening, our crew staffs there could be out of tension after that.

The interview started. Our reporter questioned him in Japanese. The interpreter translated it into Korean for him. While I was speaking in Japanese, though, he was looking at me straight in the eye, to the extent I feel a little bashful. "Is he trying to understand my Japanese?" Or, "Is it out of the fundamental manner that one should talk and listen, looking in the face.?" The answer might be both. Again, I thought he is very meticulous person.

Maybe you will know if you read the contents of our interview in SPUR March edition.

In his interview, BYJ, grasping our intention at once, answered all the questions with very pertinent adequate remarks. (I would say, this is difficult, though seemingly easy.)

I should add the word "sharp" to "meticulous" mentioned before.

By the way, what is this very relaxed congenial atmosphere? We are interviewing the most popular big actor in Asia Now! I have done many interviews with BIG persons so far, but this air is quite different from any. There was no scaring tension at all. Genuinely congenial.

One thing came to my mind. BYJ is emitting two kinds of aura. One is, of course, aura as a star( glittering!), and another is, if I myself name it, his "welcome aura". It soothes you embracing warmly and comfortably. As if he would accept anything. Yes, he would.(I would like to thus believe.)

Here, we can see the reason why BYJ is a national hero beyond every generation.

48 minutes. This time is an exceptionally long for an interview with a big star. But we felt it a flick of time.

It was only the next day when I came to myself out of the spellbound of his aura, sorry, blushed to say.

Guest happiebb

Ops I am so sorry ……….I only being honest, and always telling based on what I have noticed with my own eyes…….I always speak out from the true heart. I still like him and only him…….he’s my only GUY……..just the sunglass that I don’t like and also that smile. I wanted him to be PERFECT………………….ALL THE TIME………I had a high standard and expectation for him………he must be MR. PERFECT..........so he can and will be my only guy. :):blink:

hi hi baeonly,

in that poolside picture, yong joon was still in the midst of his almost regimental physical training and he was chewing on chicken breast all the time... hehe, and all the chewing hardened the lines of his face. he even developed jaw muscles, think that's why you thought he looked abit weird... :rolleyes:

as for the shades, when i first saw the scandal picture, i couldn't get used to it too... actually, it reminded me of those protective shades people wear when they go for gun-practise. but hor, after awhile, i got used to it, and thought he looked pretty cool. it's a change from his usual, but i think not many people can look this cool with the same pair of shades ;)

have a good sunday :blink:

Guest frances

I absolutely love this drawing of him. So nicely done and looks very realistic. Did you draw it Frances? If yes, then you are really artistic and have great drawing skills. If only I could draw that well.

hey sweetmemories , how i wish i could sketch the face of yong joon :) that nice artwork's not a drawing but a photo artistically modified by one of our talented bae sis, amadienne :)

Guest frances

~~ ok guys, for the past weeks, all of us are doing our best to reconstruct the thread and repost all those gorgeous pics and wonderful articles on byj. as part of our effort, here are some bits of info & pictures of yong joon during his april 2004 japan trip, one impt milestone in yong joon's career :)

VOD [ i was able to d/load the link before but cant seem to open it now :( ....anybody has another link ??]

http://myweb.hinet.net/home2/janeflower/tbctv_0408.asf

portions of VOD translated by jukebox

posted in quilt

captured photos from foreverbyj.com

a fan says to byj that have a nice trip (actually, go and come back well in korean way ~ jaldanyuoseyo~ )

BYJ met a famous designer Andre Kim by chance at kimpo airport

zzzzzjapan8qi.jpg

andre kim: BYJ will introduce korea nicely in japan that has a high level of culture

zzzzzjapan18yh.jpg

a lot of fans asked him of his authograph that BYJ signed it there immediately. one of the staff said that, " we should be on board now."

(airplane scene)

zzzzzjapan22ul.jpg

as soon as BYJ is on the plane, he made a phone call to his mother

BYJ: yes mother , i'll be back (this is also a korean greeting that i'll go and come back well ~ danyuogetsoupnida~ )

zzzzzjapan44yh.jpg

Q: how do you feel about the visit to japan ?

BYJ: this is the first visit to japan . i feel the tension and also the excitement. unfortunately, i'm not in a good condition, i dont know what i'm going to do.

(Haneda airiport)

zzzzzjapan64ji.jpg

tremendous japanese fans coming from all the areas of japan were gathered to see BYJ and the traffic was out of control.

at last BYJ arrived at the airport

zzzzzjapan52sp.jpg

BYJ: i cant express anything with words that they have come here since last night. someone said, "please stop"

reporter: a japanese does not reveal his feeling originally, this is the unusual thing. BYJ was planning to saty here for 2 minutes but because of concern for the safety of the crowd he left earlier.

(fan meeting in shibuya)

zzzzzjapan86pi.jpg

zzzzzjapan118rn.jpg

zzzzzjapan76yt.jpg

reporter: japanese fans call BYJ "yonsama" (honorific title) we can assume how much popular BYJ is in japan

BYJ: due to the ardent welcome, i was moved deeply and almost cried

Q : i heard you had an interesting experience in japan ?

BYJ: around 8 in the morning, the bed shook side to side, i thought, "does japanese bed have the function of massage?"

after a while, "Ah!! that must be the earthquake, i told myself !"

(BYJ's interview)

zzzzzjapan95ot.jpg

Q: what makes you so popular in japan ?

BYJ: in japan, they say that they dont say i love you these days but i like you instead. In the drama (WLS) it showed pure love ...

Q: Future plan:

BYJ: I'd would like to come out with a good drama or film as fast as i can. i think that's the way i can repay the fans' love. i'll keep up my efforts & show you good performance. keep healthy !!

Lee Min Hyung, the character of Yong Joon in WLS that I fell inlove :wub: with. Here's another fan writting from korean official board (KOB) by Jeany Almighty. She dissected why she loves Lee Min Hyung. ~ liezle

[Trans] I love Lee MinHyung!! Part 1

Translated by soil/water

Posted in BYJ's Quilt

soil wrote ~

Hi, guys.

Today's posting is about charms of Lee MinHyung with playboy disposition.

I also do love Lee MinHyung like her.

Jeany almighty's 'admiration of Lee MinHyung' is made of 2 parts.

And tomorrow I will bring the 2nd part.

To be sure it will be a delightful reading!!

Enjoy it.

I like that playboy.

jeany almighty 2005.03.09

43sml5mw.jpg

I like Gang JoonSang. But I am drawn more to Lee MinHyung.

I guess I like playboys.

Lee MinHyung; is he a playboy? Yes.

He who makes every woman flutter is a playboy.

Of course a playboy should have a good taste of fashion ,

but more important is his manner as a gentleman:

sometimes provocative, sometimes suggestive.

Bae YongJun portrays Lee MinHyung and shows vividly what a playboy is.

You, gentlemen,

don't envy Bae YongJoon.

Don't simlply envy BYJ, because he gets all affections from women.

You can get women's heart, too,

only if you could follow his technique....!!?

Bae YongJoon neatly visualizes playboy's disposition through Lee Min Hyung.

Look at and learn BYJ ;

his simle, his facial expressions, his fashions, even his deep voice with a hint of nasal sound......

# The first day when Eujin meets Min Hyung at his office,

all of a sudden he says:

"EuJin-ah~~~~, EuJin-ah~~~~~, it sounds good.

I guess when your fiance calls your name,

he feels nice."

It is a typical way of playboy's speaking, isn't it?

Who else in the world calls a woman's name

so unexpectedly, so friendly like that

especially to a woman that he meets at first time,

or at second time?

(soil: EuJin-ah is very, very friendly way of calling,

when we once grow up, we don't call even our friends that way(...ah)

if they are not friends since childhood or friends at school.)

That calling, like thunder, peneterates into her heart.......

You gentlmen,

why don't you try to imitate him that way,

even though you don't resemble her first love...?

# While working with Eujin at his office, out of the blue he says;

"What sort of shampoo do you use? It smells nice."

Who said that love starts off with scents?

Searching for their partner, they need sort of the animal's sense of smell...

Such a mention as above can disarm a woman in one stroke.

Why don't you whisper to her ear like BYJ?

# Min Hyung insists Eujin should join the party.

Eujin hesitates, wondering what clothes she will put on.

He says: "Wear anything. You will look good whatever you wear."

Even though a man says like this, what sort of a woman will slip on anything?

He can make the woman only more aware of and more conscious of him.

# When a collegue told him he is a playboy,

Min Hyung: " Why do you call me a playboy?

I always love a woman at a time." (soil: like JoWon )

Colleague: That's right. The problem is that there is always another woman next.

It is a golden rule for a playboy

that he should not have a double date.

Be faithful to the every present woman.

Then, if someone asked

who will be the next woman,

you need not answer frankly : 'each moment, each woman '

but should throw an innocent and cute smile just like BYJ.

# to ChaeRin who complained that it is hard to run a boutique,

MinHyung: (massaging her arm) Why do you say it's hard.

Just select a proper clothe for her and recommand her to wear,....

If I were you, I would be delighted to do that.

Keep it in mind that

if you wanna get women' affection,

it is simply a basic manner to provide them

with friendly service like massaging arm.

Besides it is also a playboy's nature

that he feels good when he looks at a woman,

and he feels even much better when a woman gives him a glance.

Look at him! In front of his girl friend MinHyung's voice is already excited

only by imagining such a picture.

Naturally he provokes his girlfriend to jeolousy .

#Scene of eating sushi

MinHyung says

the more he met Eujin, the darker shade he found in her.

In the conversation with ChaeRin:

MinHyung: That'll be nice. If a woman with competence and curious charms

shows me interest, I will rather appriciate it.

ChaeRin: Eujin is engaged.

MinHyung: What's the problem? People can even divorce,

to be with a new lover.

Throw away all social prejudice.

Love can overcome anything.

There is no love that they can't conquer.

# At a party, he told ChaeRin that she looks pretty in that dress.

"There is none but you can draw my eyes."

You should be able to flatter her to let her nose up in the air....

like BYJ, with your sweet glance and true feelings.

(Remember that only true feelings can move a woman.)

And you should be able to give a present that everybody can notice to envy her.

# riding the car to ski resort with EuJin, MinHynung says:

"I guess it is your engagement ring.

It glitters too much to match with your atmosphere, though."

"Your blood type is A, right?"

Pay attention to your girlfriend;

carefully observe her with warm affection.

Even though your girlfriend, on the surface, may make a complaint about it,

you should keep it in mind that she's actually being touched in her heart.

# To make an on-the-spot survey, they are in the ski resort.

When he finds EuJin trembling from cold weather,

he takes out his extra sports jacket from his car, places it over her shoulders

and says

" .... Your lips looks blue...... The jacket looks good on you."

Be kind.

You should show your considerate care about her and

start with such a small and trifle care.

Surely you can find her disarmed against you very soon.

# At the ski resort MinHyung asks JungAh unni, her colleague, about EuJin ...

".....I heard that Eu Jin-ssi is involved with a lot of men.

What if I am added to her list of lovers?"

When you try to get the heart of a certain woman,

it would be a shortcut

that you gather informations about her from her aquaintances.

But, how can he have such a thick face;

how can he ask her colleague such a shameless question ?

Keep it in mind that sometimes a brazen face also

can be a useful weapon at a tug of war in love.

Min Hyung is such an insolent fellow in love.

He has a lover... and still he's shaking another woman with a fiance...

Is he a bad guy?

BYJ's Lee Min Hyung.

I love him.

Even though he portrays a playboy,

that playboy, Lee MinHyung, looks so refined and so natural.

So he looks strikingly stunning to me.

I don't care even though he's a playboy!!!!!!!!!

coz I know that fianally he loves only me.....

They say that woman's misfortune begins at that illusion-

I am the last woman of his-, don't they?

Bae YongJun,

this man is piercing that illusion into my heart.