[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

Guest Scully2

javabeans thanks a lot for the explanations!

As I don't get korean this is the only way I have to understand what happens while I wait for the subs! I love reading summaries and explanations ^__^

THANKS!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------

[News] Parody of “Hwang Jin Yi” – Viewers Burst into Laughs

200701250823271110_1.jpg

200701250004.jpg

[My Daily] 1/25/07

In the episode aired on 1/24, after Dal Ja directly delivered the merchandise to a family, the snow storm falls on her on her way back to her office. Then, she and Tae Bong have to stay in a motel. While they awkwardly spend time in the motel, Dal Ja imagines that she becomes Hwang Jin Yi and says to Lee Min Gi's character, "Sir, you think that I am old and has no talent. It seems that you don't know what I can do." Lee Min Gi’s character says, "Then, why don't you show me your talent?" Then, Dal Ja shows cards of "Flowers Contest (화투, 花鬪)" on her hand.

Then, Dal Ja and Tae Bong plays the card game of "Flowers Contest", which is entertaining. TV viewers' reactions showing that they all think this witted imagination entertaining. Many viewers post messages such as "Such an Oh Dal Ja's Spring" and "Lee Min Gi resembles Byuk Gye Soo (벽계수)" (Note: Byuk Gye Soo is one of the male roles in the drama "Hwang Jin Yi"). This shows that parodies such as "Hwang Jin Yi" highly attract viewers' attentions.

Reporter: Im Yi Ran

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...701250823271110

http://tvreport.co.kr/site/data/html_dir/2...00701250004.asp

--------

[YTN] Wednesday-Thursday dramas: 3-way Contest [1/25/07]

[VOD] mms://mmc.daumcast.net/tvnews/ytnstar/200701/25/200701251349460991_s.wmv

200701251349460991_b.jpg

Anchor: Recently, the contest of 3 new Wednesday-Thursday dramas is bruising. "Dal Ja's Spring" and "Surgeon Bong Dal Hee" compete for the first place while "Palace S" is trailing behind. We invite reporter Jun Hyung Hwa (전형화) of "MoneyToday-StarNews" here to talk about TV viewers' choices and the individual feature among these 3 dramas.

Question: Why is the competition among 3 new Wednesday-Thursday dramas bruising? What is the result yesterday’s ratings?

Answer: In the beginning, it is clear that none of the three new Wednesday-Thursday dramas is overwhelming with TV ratings around 15%. However, little by little, gaps of TV ratings appear recently. The first broadcasted drama "Dal Ja's Spring" had TV ratings around 10%, but now its ratings go up near 20%. There are 2 ~ 3% difference between the ratings of "Dal Ja's Spring" and "Surgeon Bong Dal Hee". The TV ratings of MBC's drama "Palace S" gradually went downward and recorded 10.2% yesterday. Since only a few episodes were aired, we'll see if ratings will change in the future.

Question: Viewers' reactions to "Dal Ja’s Spring" are getting better. Could you tell us what factors make its popularity go up?

Answer: It is like those recent trendy dramas portraying women in 30s. Parodies such as "Kill Bill" and "Hwang Jin Yi" are put into the drama. Chae Rim and Lee Hye Young's roles elicit fellow feelings from viewers.

Question: Is Chae Rim's role Dal Ja very similar to the one played by Kim Sun Ah in "My Name is Kim Sam Soon"?

Answer: Dal Ja is not like Sam Soon who works in professional business, but both are spinster in 30s. Both deal with younger men, like the character Byung Hee (병희) played by Go Hyun Jung in the drama "What's Up, Fox?" The role Bong Dal Hee played by Lee Yo Won is also a spinster in 30s. They all draw the same feelings from female viewers who are in 20s and 30s.

Question: Both Chae Rim and Lee Hye Young receive love from their viewers for their roles as commanding spinsters in 30s. What do you think about Lee Hye Young's new role? How about your impression of Gong Hyung Jin's performance as a flirting man?

Answer: Unlike her lively image in her music program, this time Lee Hye Young plays a home shopping show host Wee Sun Joo who is arrogant. In the beginning of the drama, she didn't receive attentions. However, as time goes by, her role's unique charisma is given up, and then she gains popularity. She showed her enthusiasm by her entertaining role in the show "Happy Sundy-Girl 6 (여걸식스)". Gong Hyung Jin has always successfully playing entertaining roles either in movies or dramas. This time he transforms into a flirting man with his comical performance. His energetic role helps the character played by Lee Hye Young. Career woman could give him some fantasy.

Question: Competing with Dal Ja played by Chae Rim, Lee Yo Won's character in "Surgeon Bong Dal Hee" is also a spinster in 30s. The name of both dramas is similar - Dal Ja and Dal Hee. Some people call it "Dal Women’s Competition (달녀의 전쟁)". What are the reactions from viewers of this drama?

Answer: Some people criticize that some scenes of "Surgeon Bong Dal Hee" are plagiarisms of the drama "Grey's Anatomy (그레이 아나토미)" aired in USA. Also, some people criticize that some scenes of "Dal Ja's Spring" are similar to that of Japanese drama "Anego (아네고)". However, even though some scenes are similar, the flow of the whole drama is different. Especially, these two "Dal Women" have different ways of success and life in society. Despite of some criticisms, viewers give them high evaluations.

Question: Is this Lee Yo Won's returning to TV drama for quite some time? Is this the first drama of the movie star Lee Bum Soo?

Answer: Lee Yo Won's previous drama was "Fashion 70's" aired one year 6 months ago. Different from her previous roles, this time her role Bong Dal Hee has warm personality. Dal Hee is not a typical doctor. It is unknown if Lee Yo Won is suitable for playing such a role. However, she certainly could present the cheerful and pure image of Dal Hee.

This is the first time that movie star Lee Bum Soo performs in drama. He accepts the offer because his role is charismatic. In his movie project, he has been playing comical roles. However, this role Ahn Joong Geun (안중근) is entirely different from his previous roles. Viewers give LBS good evaluations so far.

Question: "Palace S" is falling behind the other two dramas. It is unfortunate that its ratings keep descending compared with ratings of last week. What causes viewers become more distant from this drama?

Answer: "Palace S" is compared with the previously broadcasted "Palace". I try to observe the reasons why it drops off. It is known that this drama is the sequel of "Palace"; however, it is criticized that it actually is not a sequel. Performers are required to play characters in a period drama. Like the ordinary girl played by Yoon Eun Hye becoming Prince's wife in "Palace", Se7en plays a young man with similar background in this Chinese-version drama. As to its ratings, the acting skills of the leads Se7en, Huh Yi Jae, and Kangdu, who are all new actors and actress, are criticized. Moreover, its slow development is also a factor. Also, the promotions of "Dal Ja's Spring" and "Surgeon Bong Dal Hee" also cause this drama's low ratings.

Question: This week, "Palace S" records TV rating around 10%. Usually, female viewers in 20s and 30s affect TV ratings.

Answer: Female viewers in 20s and 30s could affect TV ratings. In the case of "Palace", it couldn't absorb viewers in 10s, 20s, and 30s. On the contrary, "Palace" received love from viewers of 20s and 30s results in TV ratings above 30%.

Also, the heroines in both "Dal Ja's Spring" and "Surgeon Bong Dal Hee" are spinsters in 30s, which pull female viewers in 20s and 30s. Thus, it appears that the future TV ratings of "Palace S" won't go up.

Question: So, what is the important competitive point of this 3-way contest in the future?

Answer: For a comical drama, "Dal Ja's Spring" has advantage. However, it will be interesting to see if the virtue - "Failure comes before success" would be realized by either and "Surgeon Bong Dal Hee" or "Palace S".

Anchor: We know the TV ratings of the new 3 Wednesday-Thursday dramas. It attracts attention as to which drama will receive viewers' selections. We will have reporter Jun Hyung Hwa be here again next week.

Source: http://www.ytnstar.co.kr/_ln/0101_200701251349460991

Guest simply_dream

OMG! SURGEON DAL HEE CAUGHT UP!!! BAD BAD BAD!

thanks ovette for the articles! i 100% agree with the second one with the Q/A the answers are exactly what i thought in my head too!!! and they didn't criticize park shin hye's acting in goong s, altho that's off the topic, i am happy... anyways lately these drama with older woman and younger guys are heading for sky high ratings... and also like the article said, due to comical reasons, dal ja is leading, which i think is good, everyone loves a good laugh =P... what's funny is that i watched both grey's anatomy and the jpn drama anego starring by my beloved akanashi jin before he said he was gonna leave the business T.T *off topic again LOL SORRY* well i didn't watch surgeon dal hee so i wouldnt know, but comparing to anego, minki in this drama is so much better... like as a boyfriend-wise type of guy and i mean i think all nuna-dongseng dramas are similar too -_- so they shouldn't compare it to anego, especially when it's a jpn drama =P *and altho i loved it*

awww.... no 1 up ep 7 or ep 8 c-sub onto other servers besides clubbox? i tried BT-ing, and i can say it had officially been 24 hrs T.T SOMEONE PLEASEE UP IT?

Guest cutiepie

i have other stuff to upload and i can't go over my bandwidth so if no one uploads in a few days, then i'll help upload the c-subs

larger pics

20070124124150109075kb3.th.jpg 20070124123318091447qd6.th.jpg 20070124124150044442rr2cd4.th.jpg20070124124150053534lq5.th.jpg

20070124124150069313aa1.th.jpg 20070124124150016015kg8.th.jpg 20070124124150026043uv6.th.jpg 20070124124150077775pn0.th.jpg

20070124124150083854os2.th.jpg 20070124123318106570hu1.th.jpg 20070124124150038854jk7.th.jpg 20070124124150094857yp5.th.jpg

credits: photodaily

Guest renni72

Many thanks to the subbing team. All your hard work is very much appreciated.

I finally managed to watch episode 2 and really enjoyed it. Look forward to episode 3 :)

The chemistry between Chae Rim (DJ) and Lee Min Ki (TB) is great. TB is always teasing her...and she is always rebutting him...such an interesting pair.

Guest minshoo

omg Javabeans thank you so much for the translation of the episodes!!! it helps ALOT!!! i watched all 8 eppies in one day hahha..........im LOVING it. cant wait for the next episodes!!!!. TaeBong and Dal Jah are so cute together.

so the most recent episode is 8?

Guest polaris

Many thanks to the subbing team. All your hard work is very much appreciated.

I finally managed to watch episode 2 and really enjoyed it. Look forward to episode 3 :)

The chemistry between Chae Rim (DJ) and Lee Min Ki (TB) is great. TB is always teasing her...and she is always rebutting him...such an interesting pair.

I agree~ The chemistry is great between the two. Lee Min Ki's hotness factor helps =) Who can resist him ? =)

Guest lotteworld

omg! I love ep8! TaeBong is sooooooo cute when he tell Dalja's new rules on their 'new' contract!!

I was like screaming when TaeBong said the last sentence of their *new* contract :sweatingbullets:

Can't waitttt to see if they are "really" going out~ Woww

For the panel that is shown on ep8... I was wondering... for the "exit" does that mean sunjoo is starting to 'reveal' her 'true' self that she is "breaking off the wall = inner self" that she is sort of admitting that she start to 'love' that sedo ("walking out of the hole of the wall = walking off from her inner "cool" self)... because as I have seen in ep8.. their relationship is starting to develop 'better'... and sedo's dad really like her...

and Dalja with the flower beside her.... and the flower is like 'blooming/growing' so to speak... this seem like a positive sign between her and TaeBong (I guess...)... but one thing though, is Dalja sitting there and waiting for her to come out of the wall??....

Anyway, so i think the panel is related to two stories of that two women...

hies!!!

omg!!! eps. 7 and 8 are my favorite!! :w00t:

there were so may memeorable moments that whole eps!!!!

hwang jini paraody was so funny!!!!

i was laughing the whole scene!!! :lol:

and taebong fits the style

soo funny~~

and then after that the sleeping together scene

was soo cute!!! :D

they were looking at each other and all that good stuff :wub:

they didnt look like they were married :phew:

and the ending scene in eps. 8

where he is like

TB:do you want to be my girlfriend for a month? the same terms in the contract

3 hours a day for a month

but I changed something basic intimacy is for free and if one wants something more than we can decide on how we feel

and if one of us starts to get personal feelings

DJ: an then?

TB: we start to really date so... its not bad?

DJ: My age 33 a man that is 6 years younger than me wants to date me, Oh my God!! :D

that was the sweetest sceene i love this

and i cant wait for next weeks eps

and Dal-ja answer!!!

but of course she is going to say yes!!!

i hope...

cant wait!!!

i'm going to hurt her if she doesnt!!! :tongue2:

Guest badhairday

if it's gonna show in kbsworld.. il be more confused since both air at the same time.. i wanna watch the subbed one, at the same time, watch the next episode!

badhairday the other ratings are on the first post... always take a look at the first post, i update it constantly :)

sad!! havent watched ep08 yet :(

Aiyah, my bad!!! I should of checked it first before posting for the ratings ranking. Thanks so much ovette for updating the thread and keeping this so well organized.

Archived