Chae Rim 채림

Admin

Guest CindyW88

-------------

[MyDaily] Chae Rim’s KBS2 Drama “Oh Dal Ja’s Spring”

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...611241214161110

200611241214161110_1.jpg

Today, “MyDaily” releases the news report about CR being selected to lead a new KBS2 drama. Other small news agencies also release similar news. However, CR’s agency and SportsChosun, SportsHankook, and GoodDay haven’t confirmed CR’s acceptance of this drama yet.

=======

[MyDaily] 11/24/06

Chae Rim is selected to costar with Lee Min Gi, Kil Yong Woo, Kim Boo Sun and Lee Kyung Jin (이민기, 길용우, 김부선, 이경진) in the Wednesday-Thursday drama “Oh Dal Ja’s Spring (오달자의 봄)” scheduled to be aired by KBS2 on 1/3/2007 following the final episode of “Huang Jin Yi”.

On 11/24, the representative of KBS2 states, “Chae Rim is selected to lead the drama ‘Oh Dal Ja’s Spring (오달자의 봄)’. The PD is Lee Jae Sang (이재상) and the script writer is Kang Eun Kyung (강은경).

The drama portrays the story of the spinster Oh Dal Ja who is an MD of a home shopping channel.

Reporter: Kang Seung Hoon tarophine@mydaily.co.kr

=========

[Newsis] 11/24/06

http://www.newsis.com/_common/content.aspx...061124113202269

2006-11-24T135902Z_01_NOOTR_NISIDSP_2_120061124113302272.JPG

Chae Rim, who hasn’t been performing in drama for two years, is selected to lead the Wednesday-Thursday drama “Oh Dal Ja’s Spring (오달자의 봄)” scheduled to be aired by KBS2 on 1/3/2007 following the final episode of “Huang Jin Yi”.

The representative of the drama states, “Although the role Oh Dal Ja’s age is 33 years old, Chae Rim’s image matches very well with the character.” Oh Dal Ja is an MD of a home shopping channel. She has intense and tight personality and knows nothing about love.

Chae Rim’s costars are Lee Min Gi, Kil Yong Woo, Kim Boo Sun and Lee Kyung Jin (이민기, 길용우, 김부선, 이경진).

Reporter Kang Kyung Ji bright@newsis.com

=========

[OSEN Entertainment] 11/24/06

http://oenter.gemmir.com/Enter_View.asp?co...ano=G0611240035

200611241144442100_1.jpg

Chae Rim and Lee Min Gi will play a couple in the Wednesday-Thursday drama “Oh Dal Ja’s Spring (오달자의 봄)” scheduled to be aired by KBS2 on 1/3/2007 following the final episode of “Huang Jin Yi”.

Chae Rim plays the role Oh Dal Ja who is an MD of a home shopping channel. Lee Min Gi plays the role Kang Tae Bong (강태봉) who is a 27-year-old freelancer working for a large enterprise. The couple Oh Dal Ja and Kang Tae Bong have 6 years age difference and have a “love contract” between them, leading to a funny prospect. Since this is the first drama of Chae Rim’s comeback to drama after two years, it has attracted many people’s attentions.

This comedy and mellow drama also include actors and actresses such as Kil Yong Woo, Kim Boo Sun and Lee Kyung Jin, and will be aired on 1/3/2007.

=========

[MoneyToday-StarNews] 11/24/06

http://star.moneytoday.co.kr/view/star_vie...112411161324546

Chae Rim and Lee Min Gi will play partners in a new drama for the first time. They play a couple Oh Dal Ja and Kang Tae Bong in the Wednesday-Thursday drama “Oh Dal Ja’s Spring (오달자의 봄)” scheduled to be aired by KBS2 on 1/3/2007 following the final episode of “Huang Jin Yi”.

Chae Rim plays the 33-year-old Oh Dal Ja who is an MD of a home shopping channel. She is a good caliber career woman and has always been yearning for a man. Chae Rim’s unique friendly and lovely charm suits this character.

Kil Yong Woo, Kim Boo Sun and Lee Kyung Jin are selected as supporting cast.

Reporter: Kim Hyun Rok

========

I watched one of Lee Ming Gi (이민기)’s drama “Be Strong, Geum Soon”. In my opinion, he was OK in that drama. He also acted in a recent drama “Really Really Like You” costarring with Ryu Jin and Eugene. He got “The New Actor Award” from MBC in 2005.

========

Kil Yong Woo (길용우) played CR’s role’s father in “Still Loving You”.

542005071402100_1.jpg

Kim Boo Sun (김부선)

20061119211148715a7_010308_0.jpg

Lee Kyung Jin (이경진) played Jang Dong Gun’s role’s mother in “All about Eve”. Her latest drama was “Peculiar Man, Eccentric Woman”.

1161246310_1.jpg

=======

The script writer Kang Eun Kyung is the writer of CR's previous drama "Oh! Must Win Bong Soon Young". She also wrote for "Hotelier" and "Glass Shoes".

--------

Guest fashionista

LMK as the leading man???????????????????????????????? :wacko: i thought they'd pick a much stronger leading man for her. he's probably the weakest one that's co-star with her thus far. <_< my sis and i were comtemplating on a list of possible leading men and well...we're extremely disappointed, especially after waiting for years for her next korean project. it's still nice to see her back in the k-drama scene though. i hope this works out for her. i guess for now, i should just be happy that she's gonna be back in the lime light and rest it at that.

LMK as the leading man???????????????????????????????? :wacko: i thought they'd pick a much stronger leading man for her. he's probably the weakest one that's co-star with her thus far. <_< my sis and i were comtemplating on a list of possible leading men and well...we're extremely disappointed, especially after waiting for years for her next korean project. it's still nice to see her back in the k-drama scene though. i hope this works out for her. i guess for now, i should just be happy that she's gonna be back in the lime light and rest it at that.

well, remember how the first articles mentioned her character will revolve around 3 men...there's still the other 2 men that hasn't been selected yet.

As for Lee Min Ki being her weakest co-star...many didn't think much of him when he was selected to play the bodyguard Nam Bong-ki opposite Eugene in Really, Really Like You, but he's proven himself to be up to the task and garnered more fans/recognition because of the role. Min Ki has been nominated twice so far at the KBS drama awards, one in 2004 and one in 2005, both in the Special Drama/One Act category. He's been praised by writer MISA/IJUKSA/Sangdoo writer Lee Kyung Hee in his debut role in her Drama City "My Older Brother" [the drama he was nominated for in 2004]. The 4-episode 2005 Best Theatre entitled "Taerung's Athlete/Player's Village" [the return of Best Theatre] written by the writers of My Girl/Sassy Girl Chun-hyang/Fantasy Couple, where Min Ki played the lead was released on DVD w/o subtitles by MBC from demands of fans, and it has also been slated to be made into a movie. Min Ki has also gained much more experience with his role opposite "War of the Flower"'s Kim Hye Soo in the upcoming 2007 movie "A Nice Day to Have an Affair"

Looking at the character description for Kim Tae Bong played by Lee Min Ki, he's right for the role, especially if you've seen his range of emotions/expressions in Really Really Like You, compared to his role as Noh Tae Wan in Be Strong Geum-soon.

Guest fashionista

well, remember how the first articles mentioned her character will revolve around 3 men...there's still the other 2 men that hasn't been selected yet.

Looking at the character description for Kim Tae Bong played by Lee Min Ki, he's right for the role, especially if you've seen his range of emotions/expressions in Really Really Like You, compared to his role as Noh Tae Wan in Be Strong Geum-soon.

i agree with u that the character description for Kim Tae Bong fits him to a tee cuz it's almost exactly as his character in Really Really Like You. in my opinion, that's probably why he was selected for this role and I've seen both dramas that you've mentioned. anyhoo, like i'd said, compare to her previous leads, he's the weakest.

i was also hoping for a dramatic project from CR. she's sooooooooo good at it. i miss seeing her in a modern/serious korean drama. on top of that, it's the same writer from OPSBSY...i just hope the writing of this drama doesn't get weak as the story progresses like it did in OPSBSY.

i agree with u that the character description for Kim Tae Bong fits him to a tee cuz it's almost exactly as his character in Really Really Like You.

Not exactly like in Really Really Like You because according to the character description, Kim Tae Bong doesn't yell, though he will speak his mind, but in other words he's not like the chatterbox Nam Bong Ki was.

Guest fashionista

Not exactly like in Really Really Like You because according to the character description, Kim Tae Bong doesn't yell, though he will speak his mind, but in other words he's not like the chatterbox Nam Bong Ki was.

that's why i said it's "almost" exactly. :) i'll still watch it cuz of CR. if u read anything about the casting of the other two male characters, plz post it.

that's why i said it's "almost" exactly. :) i'll still watch it cuz of CR. if u read anything about the casting of the other two male characters, plz post it.

I was always hoping to see Min Ki play a single father in a future role, he did it extremely well in the Soulstar MV "Only One for Me" and in his debut drama role in "My Older Brother" [imagine, only being 19 at the time, but asked to play a 26-27 year-old father to a 8-year old child]

the casting of the other 2 men, someone should try to translate the character description for the 36 year old male and the 33 year old male (though it doesn't list who'll be playing either roles, but at least you'll have an idea of what the other 2 male roles are like)

the character descpritions posted by KBS doesn't seem to list Lee Hye Young, so I wonder if she's been confirmed. It would be a good idea to have the 33 year old female's character description under the 36 year old male be translated as well.

ohh lee minki?? i hope he improves his acting for this drama, i watched him in IRRLY and he was OK. i hope he becomes pro in this drama since ChaeRim is so good. but i think since CR is the lead, the focus wont be much on Lee Minki...

i hope ChaeRim ssi accepts the project since she's the lead. the writer doesnt sound bad coz she also wrote o pilseung and hotelier which are great dramas!

Guest *sayuri*

Nat. don't be too disappointed ..... Lee Minki is a great new comemer actor .... so you should give him a chance .....hihihi ..... I'm sure CR and Lee Minki will have a great collaberation together, since we know that CR has great relationship with her past co-star.

Also, this is too early for us to voice our opinion ..... since there about two more month to go before the first episode of this drama release ...... As for now, I sastisfy with the lead actor and actress, maybe because I'm a little bias since I'm a fond of them both.....hihihi...... In addition, I'm a bit curious who are going to play the other two male character that have relationship with Oh Dal Ja.

About the script, it reminded me of a little of the drama "My Name is Kim Sam Soon", since the female lead is in her thirty and is dying (*I know I'm a bit exaggerated*) to have a boyfriend. Also "accidently" have a "love contract" with the male lead, who is younger than her.

I'm very excited for this drama ...... and looking forward to watch it ...... if the drama is 100% confirm then I will do a count down for this drama ..... as soon as the official thread were made ......hihihi..... B)

Don't you think it looks like Oh Dal Ja will have the upperhand in the contract? Just thinking of Kim Tae Bong, what is Oh Dal Ja thinking to have him enter into this contract w/ her, why him? He's unemployed, and he's certainly not RICH! Is she that desperate for a boyfriend, or that desperate for revenge? This makes it quite interesting.

Guest maple leaf

I am glad that Lee Min Ki will play opposite Chae Rim. He is a good actor, I enjoy watching him with Eugene in "I really really like you". At first I didn't like him bec. he is not that handsome, but as I go on with that drama, I came to like him. I am excited and can't wait to see their new drama.

From what I have read, I am not sure if I like this story . I dont like the marriage contract part which keep reappearing in K-drama. I also do not like older woman younger man relationship . Anyhow, I will still watch because CR is in it. I just hope this turns out to be a great drama and she gets the credit that she deserves

Guest fashionista

From what I have read, I am not sure if I like this story . I dont like the marriage contract part which keep reappearing in K-drama. I also do not like older woman younger man relationship . Anyhow, I will still watch because CR is in it. I just hope this turns out to be a great drama and she gets the credit that she deserves

yeah, i'm not crazy about the plot either. i doubt the other two lead actors are gonna be strong actors. kbs have been using newbies...they cost less/we all know about the budget cuts at kbs. i'm just spoiled by the versatile actings of kang ji hwan, hyun bin, ryu jin, joo jin mo, lee dong wook, lee dong gun, etc.

sayuri, it's not that i haven't given lee min ki a chance. he just doesn't fit my idea of the ideal leading man. you know, the "typical" leading man that most of us have come to expect. in short, he's just not my type. we all have different tastes. besides, you may not like the actors that i like.:D i know that some of LMK fans at soompi stated that they are not "fond" of our CR. likewise, not all of CR fans are fond of him. irregardless of our feelings for the actor/actress, as a fan, the best thing we can do is support our idol by watching the show, right? i just hope there won't be any of those childish bashing when the show starts.

Guest *sayuri*

+Natalie, I know what you mean by "ideal leading man" .... When this new pop up .... I have so many actors running onto my mind and crossing my fingers that one of those man will be the "leading man" for CR new drama. I will never expect that Lee Minki got picked for the "role". I was hoping some else more mature like "Lee Dong Gun, Lee Dong Wook, Song Seung-hun, Kwon Sang Woo, Lee Byung-hun, Jo In-sung or even Jang Dong-gun." But seem like my hope wasn't granted ....hihihi...;)

I agree that when I read someone message saying they not "fond" of my idol ..... I'm a bit suprise and felt "hurt" a little. But that's how the world are, people have different like and dislike. I don't expect people to like/disklike the samething that I do. So in the end I respect other people opinion and continue supports my "idol", by watching his or her show/drama.

As for the "love contract", I has seen the topic reappear in K-Drama often such as "MNIKSS, Wonderful Life, Full House and etc" .... But it seems like a good "hook" to catch the viewers ..... since most of the drama I mention above leave good impacts on people......hihihi .... Plus most of the drama with the "love contract" are fall in the category as "romantic comedy".

I personally love to see drama that "comical with little bit of drama" ....it just more upbeat and easy for me to digest than drama that melo and dramatic. However, melo-drama tense to bring out the actors and actresses acting skills.

Anyways, if CR finally decide to act in this drama, then this drama may have a catch to it. Since CR is well-known for her bright selection on K-Drama or any other drama/series. But no matter what the outcome is I support CR decision and continue supports her, like I always did in the past.

(OMO... :unsure: .... seem like I like "talks" a lot today ..... sorry, if I bore anyone ....hihihi....:P )

Anyways, if CR finally decide to act in this drama, then this drama may have a catch to it. Since CR is well-known for her bright selection on K-Drama or any other drama/series. But no matter what the outcome is I support CR decision and continue supports her, like I always did in the past.

i definitely second the motion.. no matter what ChaeRim's decision is i would support her all the way. it's just that i miss her so much that i want to see her in a new k-drama. but she cant just accept any work if it doesnt do any good to her career.

lee minki for me is OK. and since ChaeRim has this charm of being able to fit well with her male opposites, i would consider him and give him time to prove his worth. i hope he also does well in the drama.

i hope people would continue the updates with the new drama... and thanks so much for the news!

sayuri: once ChaeRim is sure to fit the spot for the lead, i would gladly and willingly help in the drama's official thread:)

Guest CindyW88

----------

[sportsChosun] CR's Comeback to TV Drama after Two Years

"SportsChosun" finally releases the news report about CR's new KBS2 drama on 11/24. CR also makes a statement about her new drama. I'm excited that CR will resume her activity in Korea within two months! :P (I'm also glad that I could watch the drama at KBS website without going through the trouble of downloading!! :D )

[sportsChosun] 11/24/06

Source: http://www.chosun.com/se/news/200611/200611240610.html

Chae Rim (27) will come back to TV drama. The drama is "Oh Dal Ja's Spring (오달자의 봄)" scheduled to be aired by KBS2 on 1/3/2007 following the final episode of "Huang Jin Yi". Since this is the first drama of Chae Rim's comeback to drama after two years, it has attracted many people's attentions. Her previous drama was "Oh! Must Win Bong Soon Young" aired two years ago.

Immediately after the news reports about the casting and her comeback to TV drama, Chae Rim states, "For the time being, I am going to be devoted to performance and to recapture my fans' loves."

The representative of the drama states, "Although the role Oh Dal Ja's age is 33 years old, Chae Rim's image matches very well with the character." Oh Dal Ja is an MD of a home shopping channel. She is a super career woman having straightforward personality. She and a freelancer of a playmate enterprise (played by Lee Min Gi) have a "love contract".

Supporting cast of this drama include Kil Yong Woo, Kim Boo Sun and Lee Kyung Jin.

Reporter: Kang Il Hong

-----------

yey!! so it's official! ^_^

ChaeRim took the project!! i now aim to have high ratings for this show!!!:)

im so excited!!

EDIT: i hope Goong S wont get much ratings the second time around.. since it is also a wed-thrus drama airing on Jan 10 :(

Guest CindyW88

irregardless of our feelings for the actor/actress, as a fan, the best thing we can do is support our idol by watching the show, right? i just hope there won't be any of those childish bashing when the show starts.

Although soompi does not allow bashing, some people tend to ignore rules to make obnoxious comments and thus make themselves unwelcomed by others. :(

I'm glad that K&M are back to CR's English board. They are Korean. If I have questions about the storylines of the drama, I could ask them. Cool!! :P

-----------