• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mj07

As for the other main lead..I've never seen him :ph34r:

photo14132.jpg

Lee SungJae from the movie "Daisy"

LSJ is one of my all-time favorite Korean actors. He's mostly been acting in films for the last (I think it was written) 15 years, so it's been a long, LONG time since he did television. He's starred in such diverse films as the comedies "Attack the Gas Station" & "Kick the Moon", crime drama "Public Enemy" (interestingly, UTW was in "Public Enemy 2"!) romances "Dance with the Wind" and "Ice Rain" (you Song SeungHoon fans might know him as the 'other man' from that movie) and most recently "Holiday".

Guest choccy

it sounds good! can't wait 2 watch....... Uhm Tae Wong + Kim Min Jung, nice couple.... :D Lee Sung Jae also great. :)

Thanks Mar and Pucca for posting the good looking pictures of Lee Sung Jae and Uhm Tae Woong! :D

I have only recently watched Daisy and saw LSJ in action. Even though I watched the movie in a small screen (on a plane), I like his role character othan than Jung Woo Sung. Hope he'll mesmerize me again in Stranger Than Paradise.

UTW looked so different from his role in Rebirth and Wolf. So anxious to watch how he is going to display his talent in his new role as entertainer manager.

Btw, here's an extract of a recent related article posted by Bill at Uhmsky.....

Even in Vancouver,Canada, ethnic Koreans there came together in a crowd calling themselves his fans and warmly received him whenever he visited korean restaurants or drugstores,

He expressed his gratitude "I thanks very much for my fans' ardent affection toward me. As far as I know, to do my best to make me look better for them is the way to reward my fans for their love. I would like them to love Kang SanHo of 'Stranger than Paradise' "

'Stranger than Paradise' will go on the air from July 31.

Article on the Promotion of 'Stranger than Paradise'

A summary of an article relating to when UTW went to Canada for location.

Uhm TaeWoong returns as a bum.

Talent Uhm TaeWoong appears himself as a guy with a rebellious and tough image in a new SBS Mon~Tue drama 'Stranger than Paradise' He will play Kang SanHo,a rascal in 'Stranger than Paradise' the first broadcasting of which is going to be made July 31st.

This drama's story is that two brothers whose one is Noh YoonJae(Lee SungJae),,a lawyer having the past of an adopted child in Canada and the other is Kang SanHo (Uhm TaeWoong),a manager of a top female singer You HeeRan come to find themselves being troubled between their brotherhood and love rivalry for You HeeRan.

UTW unveiled his fascination again at the places of location in Vancouver,Canada made from June 23 to June 30. On this, PD Kim JongHyok expressed great expectation saying "I have a good feeling about him. I think he will make another great success in this drama."

Kang SanHo is a man of mixed feeling who is filled with strong desire to escape from living in poverty,the guilty of his father missing in a deep sea fishery vessel, and unexplainable hostility toward his mother. However,deep in his mind he has heartfelt affection for his family and sincerely pure love only for a woman although it looks that he has a crooked mind making troubles in everything.

Sim Enter is proud of him saying "he is going to show the essence of performance in acting a character with personality of strong outside but fragile inside this time. More than anything else in this drama, he will make viewers happy to see him play so impressive melo performances being enriched his emotional sentiment"

'Stranger than Paradise' has become public as a drama for which actor Lee SungJae came back to TV screen in eight years. It is the first time for PD Kim JongHyok of SBS to place an order outside in a pre-production method for a drama. 'STP' is the first work of TrueWin, the holding company of PopCorn Film, a major film production that produced movies like 'crazy First love, 2003', 'Lover's Concerto,2002' 'Running Wild,2005' and 'Almost love,2006'.

Credit to BILL at cafe.daum.net/uhmsky

UTW in vintage look fashion-'Stranger than Paradise'

Uhm TaeWoong has transformed himself again. In the past he played Byun HakDo in dandyish full dress in 'Sassy ChunHyiang' and fairly acted a double role of a twin, Seo HaEun and You SinHyok having quite different personalities in 'Life Again-revenge'.

This time he again changes himself to the appearance of a scramp, Kang SanHo long-haired and dressed up in vintage look in new SBS Mon~Tue drama 'Stranger than Paradise'. The rugged long hair covering his eyebrows and ears is enough to attract public gaze. A jumper or a jacket without sleeves and worn-out jeans in his vintage look fashion can make us easily guess how much he has changed in his shape.

'Stranger than Paradise' is the first work of TrueWin,the holding company of PopCorn Film, a major film production co. that has produced movies like 'Lover's Concerto','Running Wild' and 'Almost Love'.

This drama will tell a ironic triangular love story that both of two lead actors, Uhm TaeWoong and Lee SungJae who came back to TV screen in eight years love Kim MinJung,the sexy star. Location for the openning part of the drama was made in Vancouver, Canada for June 23~30. It is expected to go on the air from July 31.

Credit to BILL at Uhmsky

erm first i saw the pic mj07 posted and I nearly fainted.. Lee Seung Jae is also one of my most favorite actors.... he's HOT!! Sizzles!!

then I saw the pic shirley posted... what a contrast of HOT. why are drama fashion co-ordinators always so awful??? that korean wave hair.. PLEASE, Winter Sonata is over.. when are the men going to stop having long hair????

UTW looks totally hot tho.. NO COMPLAINS.. :x

erm first i saw the pic mj07 posted and I nearly fainted.. Lee Seung Jae is also one of my most favorite actors.... he's HOT!! Sizzles!!

then I saw the pic shirley posted... what a contrast of HOT. why are drama fashion co-ordinators always so awful??? that korean wave hair.. PLEASE, Winter Sonata is over.. when are the men going to stop having long hair????

UTW looks totally hot tho.. NO COMPLAINS.. :x

Ah…in fact, I felt that UTW & LSJ’s partnership is one of the best chosen actors to collaborate in a drama. I observed that their overall look, age and their profile is simply matching even though LSJ made his mark in K-entertainment earlier than UTW. :rolleyes:

Hey….Winter Sonata may have past but the locks are still commonly sported in Asian actors. The current trend hair color is now back to darker tone…... :D

Yeah, I do agree with you AG, that UTW is hot and I guess we will be seeing him in trendy clothes too.... :o Somehow, LSJ's hairstyle doesn't seem to match him as a lawyer but goes well as an insurance sales guy. :lol: Hope both of them will give other younger hot guys a run for their money when STP starts airing end of July. :)

Guest Pucca.sg

Hihi~~

The new SBS drama "Stranger Than Paradise" will start showing on 31st of July 2006.

Just to update some of Uhm Tae Woong's latest photos with Lee Seung Jae :)

uhm.n.lsj.1.jpg

uhm.n.lsj.2.jpg

You can see UTW's bright smile and LSJ's cool~~~ :sweatingbullets:

Another cool photo of UTW :sweatingbullets:B)

uhm.cool.guy.1.jpg

:w00t: wow, LSJ looks fabulous, but I have to say I really REALLY don't like that hair style on UTW! What are they thinking? Maybe it will look better in the actual drama! *crosses fingers*

Guest Pucca.sg

:w00t: wow, LSJ looks fabulous, but I have to say I really REALLY don't like that hair style on UTW! What are they thinking? Maybe it will look better in the actual drama! *crosses fingers*

To me, I still think this hairstyle is okie for UTW..... :)

Maybe different people has different opinion.... :rolleyes:

Guest Pucca.sg

uhm.smoke.1.jpg

uhm.n.jpg

Another article translated by Bill from Uhmsky cafe :)

Actor Uhm TaeWoong plainly speaks of Lee SungJae who works together with him for the drama 'Stranger than Paradise'

He,who makes his appearance as a scramp ,undergoes emotional conflict with Lee Sung Jae, an able lawyer in SBS Mon~Tue drama to be broadcasted from July 31.In this drama they are a love rival for the heroine You HeeRan, a top singer.

It is said they have become very intimated in fact as they should share a lot of shooting time, although they have wranglings in everything in the drama. There was a happenning that they were mistaken to be a gay couple by gay people in Vancouver,Canada where location of the openning part of drama took place and accidently a gay festival was held at the same time, because they looked very close at the places of location.

UTW praised him saying "As I knew he was a serious-minded man of few words, it was hard to please in the beginning of shooting. However,having become familiar with him,I come to know that we are very alike and then while talking with him I feel that he is really a honest person."

Hoping that their good harmony could lead the drama to a tremendous success, the 'Stranger than Paradise' production team expressed "Their performance ensemble is more excellent than expected so that we agree they had better swear to be brothers through this work".

Guest lovelylil819

Kim Min Jung will be the female lead? Is she the girl from Ireland (the second female lead)? If so, that's great news! I love that girl! She can act, but she is too underrated. She's so lucky to be with two hot actors. :D

Archived