Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[movie 2006] Daisy 데이지

jcsjcs maeng gol doPosts: 601Member

IDOL

edited April 2006 in k-dramas & movies
Jeon Ji Hyun, Jung Woo Sung, Lee Sung Jae
IPB Image

Daisy

Top-star Jeon Ji-hyun has chosen the Hong Kong movie "Daisy," directed by Andrew Lau, as her next production. She will play opposite Jeong Woo-seong, who played the lead in the movie "A Moment to Remember." "Daisy" will be directed by Andrew Lau, who also directed the "Internal Affairs" series, while the script will be overseen by director Kwak Jae-yong, who directed "Windstruck."

The movie's production company, iFilm, said April 12 that it is currently making final decisions on casting and will begin shooting in mid-May. "Daisy" is a story about the inevitable showdown between a detective and a killer who fall in love with the same woman. In the story, Jeon plays a street artist who dreams of opening her own exhibition someday, while Jeong portrays a killer who loves her but cannot confess his love to her because of his profession.

Simon Yam will play the supporting role of a boss in the story. The production team is currently looking for one more supporting actor for the movie. "This is a strategic movie targeting the entire global market. We expect it to become a noir drama with the distinctive features of a melodrama," said iFilm.

"Daisy" is the product of a collaboration of high-profile actors and production crews from Korea and China: Andrew Lau, who directed "A Man Called Hero" and "Internal Affairs," Kwak Jae-yong, who had a chance to work with Jeon Ji-hyun in "Windstruck" and "My Sassy Girl," the production crew of "Internal Affairs," the martial arts team of "Spiderman" and the simultaneous recording team of "Taegeugki."

"Daisy" will be filmed in the Netherlands and will open this December.

Sources:
Filmacco
Kaiju Shakedown
KBS Global

IPB Image

Replies

• jcsjcs maeng gol doPosts: 601Member

IDOL

edited October 2005
  • heavenly angelheavenly angel Posts: 3,100Member

ROOKIE

sounds good excited
  • tyntyn Posts: 8Member
    LOL! the days when they did film here in the Netherlands (Haarlem and Amsterdam), ppl went crazy. :-) Some even managed to be a stand-in. image (no, not me).
    From what I have heard and read, the security wasn't that strict. You could just sit beside them together on a bench and ask for their signing or photograph. Of course, when they are not filming. Due to its filming here, I'm looking forward of what the final outcome will be. Curious if I can see any known-places. LOL
  • jcsjcs maeng gol doPosts: 601Member

IDOL

edited October 2005
    ^^whoa!! you dint go act as a stand-in??!! you can't imagine what i'd do to get an autograph!! image

*sigh* i read somewhere the movie will be out January2006...not sure if it's final tho...anybody care to confirm?

• MoeMoe incognito somewhere over the rainbowPosts: 296Friend of Soompi

IDOL

I can't wait until this movie comes out. It looks to be another great hit with JJH. She looks great with JWS.
  • AubreyJeonAubreyJeon Posts: 21Member
    the official poster says January 2--6, but my friend saw an article stating that it was being shown at some film festival this month? I can't wait for this movie to come out, haven't seen JJH for a while
    IPB Image

Fangirl NEW Chapter! 05/12/05
  • gbkgbk Japan, CA & NY in the WeekendsPosts: 602Member

TRAINEE

edited October 2005
    The Only Korean Movie That I'm Most Anticipating To Come Out And Get.

JeON jI HyUn<3<3<3<3<3
  • wei_cwei_c between heaven and hell [m&#39;sia]Posts: 22Member
    jung woo sung and jeon ji hyun?! Oh man, that's awesome. Can't wait to watch this!
    IPB Image =>> credit to manderley_angel
  • skyelee21skyelee21 in Jung YunHo's embracePosts: 860Member

ROOKIE

I am impatiently waiting for this film to come to our shore...
    I love JJH in My Sassy Girl, Windstruck and Il Mare.
    I adored JWS in A Moment to Remember.

The two of them looked gorgeous in their Giordano CF...
    and man, I would LOVE to see them together in a great film!!!

Can't wait!!!
  • rubierubie hanya tulusnya hati Posts: 49,931Friend of Soompi

IMMORTAL

Hi Joanne! For the thread and everyone anticipating the movie, looks like a positive start for Daisy and JJH especially! Cheers!

Updated Oct.7,2005 20:46 KST

All Eyes on Jeon Ji-hyun's Unfinished 'Daisy'

IPB Image

Jeon Ji-hyun may soon stroll down the red carpet at one of the big three international film festivals, as organizers in Berlin, Cannes and Venice are said to be keeping a close eye on Wai Keung Lau’s yet-to-be-finished film “Daisy”, which stars Jeon alongside fellow Koreans Jung Woo-sung and Lee Sung-jae. The movie is produced by iFilm.

Many influential industry people are in Korea to attend the 10th Pusan International Film Festival, which started Thursday, and many of them are asking if there is a chance of a sneak preview of “Daisy.” Venice festival director Marco Muller and Berlin festival director Dieter Kosslick will both come to a promotional event for the film at the Chosun Hotel in Busan on Saturday. A number of Cannes programmers will attend as well.

According to lingering rumors, they are particularly interested in Jeon, whose popularity practically makes any movie she stars in a guaranteed box-office hit. Titled “A Night With Daisy”, the event is designed for people in the domestic and foreign film industry and will show snippets from the movie, which is in post-production.

The stars of the movie and the director will be at the event to talk to the press. “Daisy” is scheduled for simultaneous release in eight Asian countries, including Korea, Japan, Hong Kong and Taiwan, in late January.

Hong Kong director Lau, best known for his “Infernal Affairs” series, in “Daisy” depicts the confrontation between a cop and a killer who fall in love with the same woman. Jung plays the killer, Lee the cop who chases him. Jeon, of course, is the tragic heroine loved by both men.

(englishnews@chosun.com )

Source: Digital Chosunilbo
    http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0510070020.html
    i'm not strong * i'm so alone * comfort me * make me belong : timeless haiku by bheng
  • orphanniesorphannies where am i again?Posts: 487Friend of Soompi
    Oh I can't wait for this movie to come out! Jung Woo Sung and Jeon Ji Hyun on the big screen! image
  • bubblesbubbles Baohee Outer space.Posts: 1,193Member

IDOL

ooooh~ i like the story line already! I'll definitely comeback to check on this!
    Hwanhee&Jung WooNareki
  • jhingjhing "something about the man I am inside.." AustraliaPosts: 3,859Member

IDOL

I can't wait to see this movie. It's a sure hit already coz JH is in it. hehehe
  • AziraphaleAziraphale STOP CAT ABUSE!! Posts: 7,277Member

IDOL

edited October 2005
    Thanks for starting this thread, Joanne, and for the article, rubie! image

Some old Daisy pix:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
    eight, say you love me, masterpiece
    finito: fragments gesture transient flowers name goodbye  
    CATS ARE LOVE!! STOP CAT ABUSE!! || STOP ANIMAL ABUSE & TESTING!!
  • shopgirlshopgirl Posts: 154Member
    Thank you Joane for starting the thread... YAY!!

I'm just going to drop the 2 posters for the movie for now. I'll try to find all those nice clips and re-post them...

IPB Image

IPB Image

Oh and Dadedum posted these pics on JWS thread.

QUOTE(dadedum @ Oct 8 2005, 02:28 PM) »

Pics from the "Daisy" promotional event at the Pusan festival:

IPB Image

IPB Image
    JJH dropped her mike and JWS picked it up for her, what a gentleman. image

• rubierubie hanya tulusnya hati Posts: 49,931Friend of Soompi

IMMORTAL

^
    Thanks everyone for sharing Daisy movie posters and pics misc. Appreciate them all! image

Updated Oct.10,2005 18:50 KST

Front - Oct. 11, 2005

IPB Image

At "A Night With Daisy", a PR event for his much-anticipated upcoming film
    "Daisy", director Wai Keung Lau (far left) jokes with actor Lee Sung-jae.
    To their right stand actors Jeon Ji-hyeon and Jung Woo-sung.

Source: Digital Chosunilbo - Today in Photos
    http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0510100005.html
    i'm not strong * i'm so alone * comfort me * make me belong : timeless haiku by bheng
    edited October 2005
    Hehehe and a little bit import from JWS thread...

QUOTE(shopgirl @ Oct 9 2005, 09:01 AM) »

more new pics for Daisy meet and greet...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

They looked sooooo gorgeous image

and a bit more...
    IPB Image

IPB Image

edited October 2005
  • MoeMoe incognito somewhere over the rainbowPosts: 296Friend of Soompi

IDOL

ahh, she looks great. JWS is such a gentleman.*swoons*

They all look great. Thanks for the posters and the pictures.
  • shirleyshirley Posts: 6,989Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

edited October 2005
    shopgirl ~~ hah here your man individual picture .stilll as handsome as ever ..

IPB Image

.ah ..how come the trhead cast name never include lee sung jae !! image ~~~ .i like him ~~ he silmimg down a lot for another of his movie HOLIDAY ^^ ..with choi min shik i think he is suppose to be in the role of a runaway convict ..

IPB Image

IPB Image

i envy JJH ..with two such charming men..
    IPB Image