Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

We all know that Yong Joon loves to read books and he has a vast collection of them in his house. Here's an excerpt translated by Joanne from an interview done in 2001. ~liezle

Gaeulyeoja posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home

Translated and posted by Joanne in BYJ's Quilt

[OLD ARTICLE] BYJ, I read a lot of books like "How to Write Scenario"

[Excerpt from Walker Hill Hotel Magazine in 2001]

He yawned. He told he slept for only 3 hours last night. Because he does not seem to have complicated schedules involving here and there as the drama had ended and he is famous for not appearing in broadcasting programs or magazines, did he drink with friends last night?

"As I went to sleep in the morning as I read a novel, I am a little sleepy. Nowadays? I am busy. Meeting people, seeing films, reading books-spending time like those was a busy work. I like to read books. My hobby is to go to bookstores. First, I will collect books and put them on bookshelves. There seems to be about 100 volumes of books waiting in queue for their turn. I tend to read 2 to 3 books a week. Did you ask why I read books? Because it is wonderful to get to know something?"

The fact that he loves books is pretty much known story. As the people who likes books mostly tend to get interested in writing, Let's talk about writing once we began.

"I read books like 'How to Write Scenario' a lot. However, I cannot write. I am very insufficient. Instead I do practice like this lately. After setting up subject 'cave', for example, I try to write all the words I can associate with it within one minute. It was very much fun."

The reason for him to show interest in scenarios is because he is a student studying visual image although it is also because he is an actor. BYJ is a sophomore in Visual Image Study Department at Seong-gyun-guan University. Although I am not sure if he is a sincere student or not because I have not witnessed his campus life or have not met people who would testify about it, it seems certain that he is an honor student. The report card with average grade point over 4.0 is the very evidence of it. Although it might be a little embarrassing, I asked him how he was able to get good average grade point like that.

"I studied staying up all night. As it was so difficult to follow other students as it is the study I am doing again in over 10 years that I worked hard. Because I wrote researching 6~7 reference books for report which can be written with one or two. And, because those were things I really wanted to learn, I seemed to be able to do it intensely. Actually, any people who would begin studying at around my age, they cannot help but work hard."

He commented on age. The age (when) he is occasionally called as "uncle" by woman students in the same class or juniors, The age (when) he became an "uncle" to a child of his married younger sister-Now, he is over 30 years old.

bb, when i read this in Quilt i thought of posting this here too to share with other fans as well. You know what, Mgr Yang I guess has his own share of fans :) Thanks for this bb :)

[sharing] my on my... the dashing 'yang' man...

Reposted from: www.loveyongjoon.com 2005/10/16

Translated into English: happiebb

The Man Behind BYJ is also a Handsome Man!

mms://210.58.99.181/video/newvideo/857/v857013.wmv

Korean actor Bae Yong Joon's magic has swept across the entire Asian region.

No matter where he goes, he attracts the attention of all his fans.

But if you take a closer look,

there's another handsome man by Bae Yong Joon's side.

He is none other than his manager, Yang Geun Hwan.

Always standing by Bae Yong Joon's side,

other than assisting to arrange and schedule Bae Yong Joon's activities,

where necessary, Manager Yang also has to act as security staff

to ensure Bae Yong Joon's safety.

He has been Bae Yong Joon¡¯s manager for as long as seven years,

and he practically spends all twenty four hours at Bae Yong Joon's side all the time.

The two men are as close as brothers.

Currently 31, Yang Geun Hwan too is handsome and cool,

definitely suited to be an artiste as well.

However, he said he has pinned all his dreams and ideals upon Bae Yong Joon.

He stressed that he does not wish to become an actor,

he only wants to see Bae Yong Joon's career scale greater heights

and achieve bigger success.

Close like a brother to Bae Yong Joon,

Yang Geun Hwan expressed that as his manager,

it already feels like his greatest achievement

and he derives the greatest satisfaction from seeing how Bae Yong Joon has conquered Asia.

Reposted from: www.byjfriendsforever.com 2005/10/15

also, since yong joon's away in LA,

yang received the Young Artiste award on his behalf yesterday.

here're some pictures...

post-4-1129391137.jpg

hey, who's that woman clinging on so tightly to him???

post-4-1129391444.jpg

what a nice and natural smile... doesn't he look nicely tanned?

post-4-1129391321.jpg

can you spot my handsome and cool yang?

i've just watched april snow today...

at first, i want to say that the film really slow and indeed it's silence movie..

after reading some comments from you all, im thinking, maybe i should watch more than 1 times so that i can get the message..

but i only have one thought in this movie..

i feel, little bit boring..and i should not watch it on cinema :(

im so sorry to say this....but coz i like BYJ very much and always supportive of what he's doing....

so im so sorry to yj and all yj fans for having this kind of thoughts ^^

but i like YJ appearance in here..and i really miss his smile.....his smile really perfect! hahahahaha and his body really wow..wow..woww...

im juz wondering, when they did the love scene....SYJ really took out her upper clothes? or? mmmm coz cant really see...feel a bit curious, if SYJ has a feeling to BYJ....^^

BYJ really such a handsome, caring and loving person..i think alot of girlz will fall in love with him..wauahahahaahaha

ok ok....for the ending part...reallyyyy make me surprise and

my reaction is juz like...WHAT? what happened to both of them??? and i didnt really hear ringing phone in the ending part....am i miss something important here?

im thinking, may be they were driving and having an accident too....or what what....dun noe..alot of question in my mind...and im not really satisfy with the ending...really make me frustated....whatt is going on?! OH...

sorry for saying all of this things...

i juz back home from cinema few hours ago...and i think i have the same feeling like what reporters thought.....i hate this thought.....i hope that when i watch the second time..i can get the message and understand in su feelings...

Guest happiebb

i've just watched april snow today...

at first, i want to say that the film really slow and indeed it's silence movie..

after reading some comments from you all, im thinking, maybe i should watch more than 1 times so that i can get the message..

but i only have one thought in this movie..

i feel, little bit boring..and i should not watch it on cinema :(

im so sorry to say this....but coz i like BYJ very much and always supportive of what he's doing....

so im so sorry to yj and all yj fans for having this kind of thoughts ^^

but i like YJ appearance in here..and i really miss his smile.....his smile really perfect! hahahahaha and his body really wow..wow..woww...

im juz wondering, when they did the love scene....SYJ really took out her upper clothes? or? mmmm coz cant really see...feel a bit curious, if SYJ has a feeling to BYJ....^^

BYJ really such a handsome, caring and loving person..i think alot of girlz will fall in love with him..wauahahahaahaha

ok ok....for the ending part...reallyyyy make me surprise and

my reaction is juz like...WHAT? what happened to both of them??? and i didnt really hear ringing phone in the ending part....am i miss something important here?

im thinking, may be they were driving and having an accident too....or what what....dun noe..alot of question in my mind...and im not really satisfy with the ending...really make me frustated....whatt is going on?! OH...

sorry for saying all of this things...

i juz back home from cinema few hours ago...and i think i have the same feeling like what reporters thought.....i hate this thought.....i hope that when i watch the second time..i can get the message and understand in su feelings...

hi noopie...

no sweat if you don't like the movie. even if you're a byj fan, it doesn't necessarily mean you have to like all his works. director hur's movies are really not for everyone. he leaves too much work for the audience, some may say. coz we have to keep our senses alert to all the little details and nuances in the movie, the little hints in the entire movie, in order to truly understand it. and.... even if you do understand it, it doesn't mean you have to like it.

the whole movie business is kindda subjective. if you like it, you like it. if you don't, so be it. so, please.... you don't have to apologise for not liking something that's not to your taste or preference, ya? and if you really don't like it, you don't have to force yourself to sit through another sitting just because of what we're saying here, ya?

but... i'm surprised you didn't get the ending. to me, it was quite clear. am sure you noticed that insoo had moved to a new place, right? it was a different house from the one he shared with su-jin... and the boxes and all that implied that he had just moved in. the little pot of plant sitting atop the tv implied that he still had a place in his heart for seo-young. this should be easy to read: that he had already separated from su-jin.

this was in fact a year later, the next spring. then at the concert grounds, the snow fell in the midst of spring, signifying miracle and hope. remember seo-young liked spring, and in-soo liked winter? and how he had joked about it should snow in spring? don't take it just at face value... see, she's represented by spring, he's represented by winter. two seasons that logically should never be able to meet or overlap. but... it did, when snow fell in spring, it meant miracles could happen, and that the two people actually had a chance to be together. therefore the hopeful smiles on both their faces.

btw, did you remember the images of spring flowers lying amidst the beds of snow? at first glance, this scene may appear as abrupt, sudden and even meaningless. but think about it somemore. that image could be representative of how the two impossible seasons can mesh and merge together. and as the spring flowers lie there in the snow, didn't it make you think of seo-young enveloped in in-soo's arms?

then the ringing of the phone. it's not important who called who. the message was they connected once again. and in the car, i would assume they're heading to samcheok again. but again, that's not important, what's important is the essence behind the simple lines as they explored with each other what the future held for them, and where they would go from there....

one last thing... in the beginning of the movie, we saw in-soo driving towards samcheok in the snow, and the movie also ended with in-soo driving [presumably] to samcheok in the snow. but the feelings he was experiencing in these two instances were way different. so, same person, same car, same route, same snow, but with such different feelings... and, in my mind, seo-young was also in the car with him. so, he's not alone this time. that's something for us to ponder over as well, i thought...

Guest LeafClover

Maybe to watch it again..the movies is too fast, not slow.

And due to non-conversation on all the parts and only on body and facial expression, dont ever brink, talk or look elsewhere. If not you definitely will missed parts of their body actions and facial expression which express their love and guilty.

This is a really different type of love story which is really not presented to the audiences, but on feelings.

Watch it again if you really didnt find the points there.

bb, when i read this in Quilt i thought of posting this here too to share with other fans as well. You know what, Mgr Yang I guess has his own share of fans :) Thanks for this bb :)

[sharing] my on my... the dashing 'yang' man...

Reposted from: www.loveyongjoon.com 2005/10/16

Translated into English: happiebb

The Man Behind BYJ is also a Handsome Man!

mms://210.58.99.181/video/newvideo/857/v857013.wmv

Korean actor Bae Yong Joon's magic has swept across the entire Asian region.

No matter where he goes, he attracts the attention of all his fans.

But if you take a closer look,

there's another handsome man by Bae Yong Joon's side.

He is none other than his manager, Yang Geun Hwan.

Always standing by Bae Yong Joon's side,

other than assisting to arrange and schedule Bae Yong Joon's activities,

where necessary, Manager Yang also has to act as security staff

to ensure Bae Yong Joon's safety.

He has been Bae Yong Joon¡¯s manager for as long as seven years,

and he practically spends all twenty four hours at Bae Yong Joon's side all the time.

The two men are as close as brothers.

Currently 31, Yang Geun Hwan too is handsome and cool,

definitely suited to be an artiste as well.

However, he said he has pinned all his dreams and ideals upon Bae Yong Joon.

He stressed that he does not wish to become an actor,

he only wants to see Bae Yong Joon's career scale greater heights

and achieve bigger success.

Close like a brother to Bae Yong Joon,

Yang Geun Hwan expressed that as his manager,

it already feels like his greatest achievement

and he derives the greatest satisfaction from seeing how Bae Yong Joon has conquered Asia.

Reposted from: www.byjfriendsforever.com 2005/10/15

also, since yong joon's away in LA,

yang received the Young Artiste award on his behalf yesterday.

here're some pictures...

post-4-1129391137.jpg

hey, who's that woman clinging on so tightly to him???

post-4-1129391444.jpg

what a nice and natural smile... doesn't he look nicely tanned?

post-4-1129391321.jpg

can you spot my handsome and cool yang?

Oop, he is so handsome like Bae and especially also wears glassess ..... many things same... :lol::lol:

[VOD + Trans] the mischievous yong joon!

Mischievous Yong Joon

bb: love this guy even more now...!

won't do a word-by-word, blow-by-blow translation here,

will just give you a summarized version, ya?

reposted from: www.loveyongjoon.com 2005/10/16

translated by happiebb / www.joonsfamily.com

A True Gentleman on-stage,

but in Real Life, Yong Joon's very Mischievous!

at the beginning of the vod,

you will see yong joon at the taiwan meet-the-fan session.

he's saying "i miss you all alot" in mandarin...

the narrator was talking about how considerate and gentle he was,

and how patient he was on-stage, wearing his sunshine smile,

as he allowed the fans to take pictures of him...

she continued to say that in real life,

not only is yong joon nice and friendly to the people he works with,

he's also quite mischievous!

the lady [bof staff] being interviewed was sharing that

yong joon's actually quite mischievous and naughty in real life.

he enjoys playing tricks on the people around him, particularly his colleagues,

and haha, apparently, he's quite ingenious in coming up with new tricks!

the lady was saying that he has all sorts of tricks up his sleeve!

for instance, he would sometimes poke or touch people from behind,

and when they turn around, he would pretend to look somewhere else,

or sometimes he would have run off to somewhere already,

whatever it is, he would pretend that it wasn't him...

then she moved on to talk about his dressing.

she said that in real life, he enjoys dressing in simple and relaxed clothes,

wearing a lot of shirt and jeans,

and he also wears track-pants quite alot too.

she shared that he's not as image-conscious in real life,

and he's more concerned with comfort than with looking stylish.

also, the narrator went on to say that the clothes he was wearing

in the recent taiwan CF [dong-sen EETV shopping channel]

will be auctioned off for charity.

Guest frances

hello guys !!

here's a capsule review from chicago filmfest

by Steve Prokopy of Gaper's Block, Chicago Illinois

Friday, October 14 2005 | Steve at the Movies

I'm also giving high marks to South Korea's elegant April Snow, an unusual story about a man and woman who arrive at the hospital at the same time after a nasty single-car accident has put their respective spouses into comas. Turns out the coma patients were having an affair, and the spouses must decide how to cope with the emotional devastation of this discovery. This film surprised me at every turn, and if I actually possessed a heart, I might have cried more than once during this lovely work. :D

http://www.gapersblock.com/airbags/archive...no_and_the_fog/

Actually I thought the movie ended with the two of them in the car.

The ending dialogue of AS were:

Seo young: "What should we do today?"

In soo: "What do you want to do?"

This was exactly opposite to the dialogue in the scene inside the restaurant beside the sea (just before they made love the first time). Then it was:

In soo: "What should we do today?"

Seo young: "What do you want to do?"

These was new dialogue and the intention of this dialogue was to tell the audience they have met.

Guest happiebb

This was exactly opposite to the dialogue in the scene inside the restaurant beside the sea (just before they made love the first time). Then it was:

These was new dialogue and the intention of this dialogue was to tell the audience they have met.

i also thought the movie ended with the two of them in the car ;)

i've edited my previous [yellow] posting to clarify this...

Poor me, in Saigon there scensored some scenes... the ending was ONLY him in car driving to the date in the snowy night .... no couple , no such dialogue man ... :(:(

[VOD]first CF of IMX

posted by tomato99 in BYJ's Quilt

tomato99 wrote ~

Have you seen this CF?

I think this is the first and only CF that IMX made.

This was aired in Tokyo area until September.

100 DAYS OF BAE YONG JOON

100daysBYJ.jpg

100 Days of BYJ CF by IMX

BYJ: I would not have succeeded without JP...

Guest frances

~ reposting another wonderful article from a fellow BYJ fan. as always, thanks bb for the translation :)

[Trans] Love You, Forever...

bb: saw the chinese original passage on www.loveyongjoon.com today...

although there's no flowery language, i could feel the writer's love for yong joon quite strongly.

i believe her feelings are shared by many other fans as well.

the sincerity in her writing touched me,

therefore i've translated this simple passage into english just to share...

--------------------------------------------------------------

Original in Chinese: Christy / www.loveyongjoon.com

Translated into English: Happiebb / www.joonsfamily.com

Love You, Forever...

1st January 2003.

That's my anniversary date, that's the day I decided to love you.

The truth is that's not really the day.

I've no idea when it was that I started to slowly fall for you.

Although I've heard of your name,

although there's plenty of news on you,

although you're very popular, I've never thought of wanting to know you,

and naturally there's no urge to want to understand you.

But once I know you, there's no turning back, I can't erase you out of my mind.

The moment I laid eyes on you, I was destined to fall in love with you.

Fall in love with you deeply.

I fixed the anniversary date myself.

I was curious to know for how long I would continue to love you.

Half a year or a year? You are, after all, a public figure.

You're a star whom the world is crazy about. So how long will I love you for?

It's now 20th March 2005, two years, three months and twenty days from that date.

And my love has not changed, not even one iota.

In fact I too am very curious and puzzled: Why would I love you this long? Why?

I had never ever thought of chasing a star,

let alone being so smitten by a foreign star who lives in a world so far away from mine.

But... I just love you. Love you.

Yong Joon, do you have any idea at all how far apart we are?

Do you know the distance between us?

The Seoul city of Korea, a place that I've never ever tried to imagine,

a place that I've never been.

Because of you, I start to pay attention to this country,

and everything that this country has.

And everything in this country has become something I dream all about,

all because of you. Do you know how very much I long to see you?

I don't want the entire world to be full of your posters,

to be filled with your photographs,

or to be totally beseiged with your TV dramas, your movies and your news.

I want to see you, the real you, standing right before my eyes.

Allow me to touch your warm hands,

allow me to hear your heart beat,

allow me to cry in joy upon your broad shoulders.

I want the real you, in flesh and blood.

You're increasingly popular, like a star shining more brightly everyday,

and I'm feeling you're increasingly further and further away from me.

In this lifetime, would we have a chance to meet?

Perhaps what I can only do is to visit the place you live in,

to visit the places you've visited in search of your shadow, of your very breath.

I may be able to sleep under the same blanket of stars as you,

but I will never be able to walk into your life.

Do you have any idea how much i yearn to be able to walk into your life?

Someone once asked:

If you've a choice, would you rather be the woman Yong Joon loves,

or be the sister Yong Joon adores?

Yong Joon, do you know what my answer was?

Given a choice, I would trade a thousand years of waiting just to be with you.

No matter how diffcult the seemingly endless wait is.

Many people would have chosen to be your sister,

because it is just as fortunate to be your sister.

You will love your sister unconditionally, and she doesn't have to sacrifice as much.

But no... I want to be your woman.

I want to use every strength I possess to make you happy.

Regardless of the stress and pressure, I want to share the load with you.

Even though all I can do is perhaps just to stand by you silently.

Am i being too selfish and am I asking for too much?

You can have the most beautiful, the most perfect woman in in the world wide world.

And me... I'm far, far from being perfect.

But I still wish that I can be your closest person in this world,

so close that we will never ever be apart.

Let me drown in the immense happiness of that...!

I can't seem to catch up with you anymore, your pace is too fast.

In this life, I can only be one who watches the star from afar.

And you, you will forever be the brightest, the most perfect star in my eyes.

But where would you be in your next life? How do I find you then?

Would you become the Polaris in your next life?

Please show me the path that you've walked,

so that I will not be lost and afraid in the dark,

so that I can slow retrace your footsteps and catch up with your shadow.

How do I not miss you so much? Yong Joon,

I'm always missing you in the deepest of my heart...

Slowly, these thoughts, these yearning will turn to clear water in the nights

when the moon would come on,

and like water, they will flow to where you are.

So long as there's water in the world, I will still love you.

So long as there's still water in this world, I will still be able to miss you,

to think of you, to follow you.

I thought the ending dialogue was:

Seo Young; Where are we going?

In Soo: Where do you want to go?

Guest tiffany

Hahaha! Who is correct? Yon or SYJfan? Maybe watch again?

I've posted the followng in BYJ's Quilt and Joon's Family. Let's see how the guests here fare

All or most of you should have watched it by now... you think you know the whole story, the details....... or do you? See if you can answer any of the questions below. They all have bearings on your understanding of the movie, so if you are going..."Har? Got meh? Didn't see that. Don't know what you're talking about..", well, maybe you had better watch it again.

1) In which month did the accident happened?

2) Where did Seo Yeong ask In Su where he had met his wife? Which part of the day was it?

3) Where did In Su ask Seo Yeong where she had met her husband?

4) Where did they meet for their long walk (which turned into a run) by the river? How did they meet?

5) Both In Su and Seo Yeong had stayed over for the night in the hotel. Where did they go for their meal?

6) Did Seo Yeong managed to see her husband before he died? What time did she get back to the hospital?

7) Did Seo Yeong ever communicated with In Su before she left Samcheok? (after her husband had died)

What happened to the potted plant that Seo Yeong gave In Su?

9) Where was In Su having his noodles alone?

10) How long do you think it's been since the accident to the concert at the stadium?

11) What was the sound in the background, at the stadium, as it started to snow? (the scene with the bright stage lights and the snow falling)

12) What were the 2 lines spoken by In Su and the female companion towards the end?

Don't write the answer here as yet but you can tell me if you can answer all of them or half of them or none (Gasp!). I'll give the answers at the end of the week. To understand the movie, you must be able to answer all the above 12 questions. If you can't, well, ladies and gentlemen, aunties, ah sohs and despearte housewives, it's time to hit the cinemas for a second viewing.

Have fun!

I thought the ending dialogue was:

Seo Young; Where are we going?

In Soo: Where do you want to go?

Where or what is not important.

The difference is in the speaker of those lines.

Just before they went to the hotel the first time, these lines were said by the opposite speaker.

In Soo; Where are we going?

Seo Young: Where do you want to go?

So the director is trying to subtlely tell us that they finally met again.

Hahaha! Who is correct? Yon or SYJfan? Maybe watch again?

I've posted the followng in BYJ's Quilt and Joon's Family. Let's see how the guests here fare

All or most of you should have watched it by now... you think you know the whole story, the details....... or do you? See if you can answer any of the questions below. They all have bearings on your understanding of the movie, so if you are going..."Har? Got meh? Didn't see that. Don't know what you're talking about..", well, maybe you had better watch it again.

1) In which month did the accident happened?

March?

2) Where did Seo Yeong ask In Su where he had met his wife? Which part of the day was it?

Was in a cafe...

3) Where did In Su ask Seo Yeong where she had met her husband?

In the sashimi restaurant...

4) Where did they meet for their long walk (which turned into a run) by the river? How did they meet?

They were both in Seoul. In Soo went back to work and Seo young called him because she was in Seoul too. By now, they were already good friends at least.

5) Both In Su and Seo Yeong had stayed over for the night in the hotel. Where did they go for their meal?

Think they ate in the room. So much to explore and do where got time to leave the room?

6) Did Seo Yeong managed to see her husband before he died? What time did she get back to the hospital?

Husband supposed to die 3.23 pm. There was a scene showing 3.25 pm after Seo young saw the husband. I think Seo Young missed his husband death because she got a call from hospital and rushed back.

7) Did Seo Yeong ever communicated with In Su before she left Samcheok? (after her husband had died)

What happened to the potted plant that Seo Yeong gave In Su?

Everyone said Seo Yeong smsed him. This could only be seen from the scene whereby In soo cried looking at his phone.

9) Where was In Su having his noodles alone?

His home. This scene was supposed to tell the audience that he has parted with his wife.

10) How long do you think it's been since the accident to the concert at the stadium?

About a year and a month. Silly man. If it was me, I would have looked for Seo young earlier and won't wait for another spring.

11) What was the sound in the background, at the stadium, as it started to snow? (the scene with the bright stage lights and the snow falling)

12) What were the 2 lines spoken by In Su and the female companion towards the end?

I already posted earlier...

Don't write the answer here as yet but you can tell me if you can answer all of them or half of them or none (Gasp!). I'll give the answers at the end of the week. To understand the movie, you must be able to answer all the above 12 questions. If you can't, well, ladies and gentlemen, aunties, ah sohs and despearte housewives, it's time to hit the cinemas for a second viewing.

Yah...saw this paragraph but too late liao..he he..

Have fun!