[Drama 2015] Shine or Go Crazy 빛나거나 미치거나

ChelseaS

I got curious and just looked it up, and it is said that when GwangJong passed the law to free slaves who weren't supposed to be slaves, his queen Hwangbo Yeowon opposed him saying slaves are betraying their owners because of that.Did the novel/drama get the idea of them being political contenders from this? Hmm. 

Guest chajoowon

It also means he should become king soon and shock his enemies who currently don't see him as a threat. This is why the 5 year jump was smart. They can focus on his fate/history if he will be the king who shined enough to change the country.

I was reading randomly about Khitan dynasty who destroyed Balhae and suddenly read about Wang So as King winning back land, war against them.

I hope they show some part of his real history as king. Known for keeping low profile, friendship with the powerful noble clans until he erased them violently.

There are also history about khitans? I only heard about them killing SY's brother Ha Yool. They should include it in the story, connecting the drama with the histories makes it mote intriguing.

Come on MBC give us some teaser or some stills for next episode. I just can't wait anymore

chajoowon said:

alynne

said: Knowing that this drama is fiction but with actual historic individuals, just wanted to add this tidbit.  Wang So's father died in 943, if this is 5 years later then he is all of 23 years old (948 AD).  Eventually he and his wife get together and in 955 they have a son, later King Gyeongjong.

Hi :DRandomly dropping by to say how pleasantly surprised I was by Oh Yeon Seo. I've never seen her in anything before so I didn't know what to expect but I'm totally loving her acting here and her portrayal of SY. She is as quirky as WS and they both make such a refreshing pair. It's rather impressive the way she's keeping up with Jang Hyuk who is as passionate and energetic as ever. He could have swallowed her by his presence but she's holding her own and even gaining points in her own charming way.  :x

Hello all.. this is my first comment in this thread..

I love this drama :D Jang hyuk is a very good actor

I really enjoy the history part

I was confused at first but I then realized that he is married to his half sister.. this is very similar to queen seon deok drama were everyone kept getting married to family members

It's very interesting to see how humans evolve and change

I wonder how and why this practice was abondoned in chosun time..

Guest intanjasmine26

hi everybody I just start watching this drama, I like it , the story (even though fiction based history), the comedy, the chemistry between the lead actor-actress,, it already makes me curious about the next scenes..  :x :\">

Oh, I just noticed this hadn't been shared here yet!

class="content-title"Review: “Shine or Go Crazy” Episodes 3-4 SoGC3-800x450.jpg

Sword fights, secret ninja assassin spy moonlighting as a gisaeng, and a lost princess who’s masquerading as a man around town? These are a few things that occurred this week on Shine or Go Crazy.

Episodes 3 and 4 Review

Click here for full article

cr. Soompi

1. After reading some of the comments.... I am interested in the historical background upon which this drama is based. I hope someone would give more additional facts. 2. I also have a question. It has been mentioned that this drama is fiction but based on historical facts and figures. I would like to know if Shin Yool (the last princess of Balhae in this drama) was also a part of Korean history or just a fictional character in this drama. If however, she is a real historical figure was she in any way connected to Wang So for real? How many wives did he have?3. From what I  know, it was a common practice in ancient times for blood relatives to inter-marry. The purpose was to keep within the family the 'Royal blood' as well as their wealth and power.  And this practice resulted in the appearance of recessive genes. One royal family had hemophilia (inability of blood to clot) as a result of this practice. Thus in modern times, it is prohibited for blood relatives up to the 2nd degree to marry each other. In addition to mental illnesses and physical deformities.