[drama 2006] Stranger Than Heaven 천국보다 낯선

Felicia Soh

[sBS] Lee Sung Jae, Kim Min Jung, Uhm Tae Woong
Reposting from News thread/dramas

Credit and Thanks to Cindy W888

3/20/06 – Uhm Tae Woong (엄태웅) and Lee Sung Jae (이성재) will lead the 16-episode drama “Stranger than Paradise (천국보다 낯선)”. The drama is produced by “Kim Jong Hak Production” and “Popcorn Film (팝콘필름)” which has produced movies including “Lovers’ Concerto”, “Running Wild”, and “Young Comics”. The representative of “Popcorn Film” states, “Starting from May, 50% of the filming will take place in Canada. The broadcasting TV station and the lead actress are undecided yet and we are negotiating with them now.” LSJ, whose latest movies “Holiday” and “Daisy” are shown in cinemas, hasn’t appeared in TV drama for 8 years. UTW’s latest drama is “Wolf”.

200603201145041110_1.jpg200603201159261110_1.jpg

http://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/entv/2006...11575258390.htm

http://news.goodday.co.kr/2006/03/20/20060...222052100.shtml

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...603201145041110

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...603201159261110

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stranger Than Heaven (천국보다 낯선)

월화드라마 - Mon/Tue Drama

Airing date : 31 July 2006 [Airs Every Mon/Tue Night on SBS]

[Cast : Uhm Tae-Woong, Lee Sung-Jae, Kim Min-Jung, Kim Bin-Woo, Son Byung-Ho, Kim Hae-Sook]

PD : Kim Jong-Hyeok

Writer : Jo Jung-Hwa

Produced By : Popcorn Films

Source : twitchfilm.net

PLEASE READ FORUM RULES BEFORE POSTING. HERE'S THE LINK :

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?act...p;f=16&id=1

THANKS.

WALLPAPERS

heven_060731_180.jpgheven_03_180.jpgheven_02_180.jpgheven_01_180.jpg

Source : sbs.co.kr

SUBBING

MANY THANKS TO THE SUBBING TEAM :

Main Translator: love_jesus

Spot Translator: sparklinghugs

Timers: ltrang, jann

Editor/QC: ay_link

Coordinators: ay_link, mily2

Here's the link to the official subs thread (hosted in d-addicts):

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_38206.htm

and WITH S2 wiki site (to check raw version for download)

http://fansub.d-addicts.com/With_S2

Gratitude to ay_link

Episode 1 - ENGLISH SUBS

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/download.php?id=13741

Episode 2 - ENGLISH SUBS

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/download.php?id=13862

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhm TaeWoong! I've been waiting for him to return to K-Dramas. lol... it's sad that Wolf couldn't be finished, I loved his role in Wolf. Hopefully this role, this new project will win me over as well. :P

Who will take the role of the heroine of "Stranger than Paradise"?

Actress Kim MinJung is considered to be a strong candidate for a female lead role of SBS drama "stranger than paradise".She played the heroine of movie "a lustful scholar"

it is informed Popcorn Film,the producer of the SBS Monday~Tuesday drama is giving priority to her for the role of a top singer You HeeRan in the drama.

Kim Tan, the vice president of Namoo Actors co.that she belongs to said " It is true they are booking her but nothing has decided yet. we are just studying."

You HeeRan in the drama is a top singer of the day who is wandering in love between two brothers, Yoon Jae(Lee SungJae), an insurance salesman with a lawyer career and SanHo (Uhm TaeWoong),her manager.

The drama "Stranger than Paradise" strongly attracting public interest by the reason why Lee SungJae comes back to tv screen for this drama in 8 years and Uhm TaeWoong chose it in serious consideration since he had grieved of the sudden shooting interruption of drama "Wolf" will describe a painful triangular love story between two brothers and a woman and heartfelt brotherhood. It is scheduled to be on the air in July and plans a location in Canada in early June.

Credit to Bill at Uhmsky for the translation

Guest loving_D

so has wolf been offically canceled??

thats what im wondering too. :huh: i haven't heard of a drama just being unfinished like that after like 3 episodes.

uhm tae woong! i love that guy. great actor. hope a good girl will take the female lead.

thats what im wondering too. :huh: i haven't heard of a drama just being unfinished like that after like 3 episodes.

uhm tae woong! i love that guy. great actor. hope a good girl will take the female lead.

From what I had gathered, there were news that Wolf will start re-shooting around November. There were no further updates (from uhmsky fansite) after the news (resuming of shooting) was released some time mid of March 2006. :rolleyes: Since UTW had taken up a new drama, I am not too sure whether he is able to meet the re-shooting schedule! B)

Drama "Stranger than Paradise"- Money Today News

The drama "Stranger than Paradise" co-starred by Uhm TaeWoong and Lee SungJae will be on the air in the end of July.

"We plan to broadcast it as a Monday-Tuesday night drama succeeding '101st Proposal' "said Gong YoungHwa, the managing director of SBS drama production department.

The drama is told to be a sad triangular love story between a woman and two brothers to be played Uhm TaeWoong and Lee SungJae and a heartfelt home drama.

Above all, it is remarkable that a movie producer Popcorn Film will make this drama. It is the second time for SBS to give the production of its drama to a movie producer following drama "the period of love". Generally speaking, dramas produced by movie producers have turned out to have higher completion degree than others because movie directors and staffs tend to have enough time for filming.

After having a few month's blank period of his activity resulted from a sudden interruption of shooting MBC drama "wolf" that was caused by the traffic accident of Eric and Han JiMin occurred in last January, Uhm TaeWoong had studied a number of casting offers and selected this one among them.

Actor Lee SungJae comes back to tv screen in 8 years since he has ever acted only in movies like "holiday" and"daisy".

As soon as a heroine of the drama is cast, the team of "stranger than paradise" is going to Vancouver,Canada for its loction in this month

Credit to Bill at UHMSKY for the translation

Dated : 7th May 2006

I have high regards on Director Kim Jong Hyok who have directed "The Age of Innocence", "The Sun Shine Down" and "One Spring Day"! I read that the Producer of Popcorn Film will make a movie-like drama.

I can't wait for the confirmation of the female lead cast and wonder whether Kim Min Jung will be keen to take up this role. :rolleyes:

good golly, another drama where i have to choose btwn uhm tae woong the great and another great..

:/

and whoa, kim min jung is a great choice, i hope they pick her, i'm beginning to really really enjoy kim min jung's performances, i think she's really growing into an incredible actress.. love her!

can't wait to watch this.. thanks felicia for the updates ;)

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Thanks for posting this news about Uhm Tae Woong's new drama..he's one of my crushes among K-actors!!!

good golly, another drama where i have to choose btwn uhm tae woong the great and another great..

:/

and whoa, kim min jung is a great choice, i hope they pick her, i'm beginning to really really enjoy kim min jung's performances, i think she's really growing into an incredible actress.. love her!

can't wait to watch this.. thanks felicia for the updates ;)

Aahh AG....I got a feeling with UTW's presence, you may take an interest in this drama. :D

Frankly speaking, Kim Min Jung has not impressed me yet but I heard she did perform brilliantly for her role in Fashion 70s. I am going to watch it soon, so perhaps after watching her latest role, she may prove me wrong. ;) Currently, watching bits and bits of Ireland on TV but found her role character as an aspiring actress quite interesting though.... B)

Guest mj07

Thanks for the news, Felicia! I loved Kim MinJeong in "Fashion 70s" and in "Flying Boys", but, hmm... I kind of hope they cast someone a little older! She's only 24, playing the love interest of UTW (32) and LSJ (36). I hope they find someone more mature for the role.

Thanks for all the news, though! Pretty funny, UTW playing the manager of a top singer? hee hee, wonder what his big sis has to say about that?

:D

This sounds good , Lee SungJae coming back on TV & also Uhm TaeWoong , one great actor as well .

Hope they'll confirm the lead actress soon , I kinda like Kim MinJung , but yea she's kinda young compared to the 2 guys but then again , age is not a problem also seeing how Son YeJin matches wif Gam WooSung in Alone In Love , also directed by a movie director I believe ~

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dramalover

Wow ,it's about time for him to come back on TV since Wolf has been put aside...I'm looking forward for this drama and hope it will be shown here in my country...Although Kim Min Jung is much younger than UTW and LSJ...I'm still in favor of her to play the lead actress... :D

Felicia my dear,thanks a lot for starting the thread and sharing us all the updated news of UTW's new project..Cheers...

Guest mj07

I wonder, is there any more news on when they'll start filming this one? I thought it ws due to air in the summer?

Guest Pucca.sg

Looking forward to this great drama :)

Below shows the photos of his sister, Uhm jung Hwa and him visited a temple~ :)

ums.1.jpg.jpg

ums.jpg.jpg

Credit to Uhmsky cafe^^

Guest swtamy83

AHHH...........UTW is such a great actor!!! Hope this drama will be another great one for him!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dramaok

I wonder, is there any more news on when they'll start filming this one? I thought it ws due to air in the summer?

coming200606080731180.jpg

kim min jeong is confirmed female lead.

kim is reportedly preparing to debut as a singer through this new drama. she will also be featured on the drama ost. the cast and crew will be heading to vancouver, b.c. canada on june 22 to begin shooting for this.

http://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/entv/2006...07311858390.htm

Guest eelisani

Drama "Stranger than Paradise"- Money Today News

The drama is told to be a sad triangular love story between a woman and two brothers to be played Uhm TaeWoong and Lee SungJae and a heartfelt home drama.

Maybe it likes another"spring day" or"wolf" .I just hope it's not too sad.

Archived