✬ BiKim | KimBi (Jung Ji Hoon a.k.a 비 / Rain & Kim Tae Hee) ✬

Nancyzak

class="at_ttl" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 30px; line-height: 35px; clear: both; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"Rain Chooses China Over HollywoodBY Joan MacDonald | Mar 04, 2014 11:27 AM EST

rain.png?w=600

When Rain traveled to the U.S. to film "The Prince" with Bruce Willis, he also stopped in Los Angeles to talk to American film producers about future roles.

He is no stranger to Hollywood sets, having previously starred in two American action films, "Speed Racer," and "Ninja Assassin." American producers are eager to hire the star that actor John Goodman once called "the hardest working man in show business."

And Rain is eager to work, having finished his two-year mandatory military duty last summer.

But after he finishes his role in "The Prince," he will not be heading to Hollywood or even Korea. He has signed on to star in a project that will be filmed in China.

According to his management agency, Cube DC, he has taken a role in a Chinese melodrama.

Although the singer and actor is best known for his tough guy action roles, this role will call on him to express a more sensitive side.

He will play Shui Chung Shuin, a talented young painter who falls in love.

"Rain has so far shown his masculine appeal playing mostly tough and heroic characters in his Hollywood films," said a Cube DC representative. "The film will give him a chance to totally change his image."

Gao Xixi, one of China's most famous drama directors, will direct the drama. Liu Yifei, a popular Chinese actress, model and singer will play the woman that Rain falls in love with. Liu Yifei appears in her own Hollywood action film this year, "Outcast" with Hayden Christensen and Nicholas Cage.

A representative from the project's production crew said that Rain is perfect for the part of the drama's main character.

"Rain definitely has that star quality that is required to play the main role in the storyline," said the production crew representative. "We thought that he suited the smart and artistic character of Shui Chung Shuin."

The as-yet-untitled project will begin shooting in Shanghai in mid-March.

Rain may be best known as a singer and producer but he has earned considerable praise for his acting efforts. He won a KBS Best new Actor Award for his first drama role in "Sang Doo! Let's Go To School" and an Excellence in Acting award for his role in the k-drama "Full House." He appeared in the Korean films "I'm a Cyborg But That's Okay" and "R2B: Return To Base," before fulfilling his mandatory military service.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/16789/20140304/rain-chooses-china-over-hollywood.htm

Rain to star in "Rosy Cheeks"

photo410480.jpg

Singer Rain is starring in the movie "Rosy Cheeks" directed by Chinese director Gau Xixi$$.

This is Rain's debuting Chinese movie and he takes on the of a man who is the one and only heir to the biggest company in South East Asia. His co-star is Crystal Liu. He starts filming this month in China.

Source : news.donga.com/3/all/...

http://www.hancinema.net/rain-to-star-in-rosy-cheeks-66676.html

K-pop Star, Rain, to Team Up with Crystal Liu in New Movie

29585_500.jpg

Korean pop star Rain and mainland Chinese actress Crystal Liu (刘亦菲) will be playing the lead roles in an upcoming Chinese movie temporarily titled Beauty’s Dew <红颜露水>, a romantic drama film helmed by Gao Xixi (高希希), one of China’s most famous and acclaimed directors.

As Rain’s first Chinese feature film, his casting in Beauty’s Dew has attracted much buzz in Asia, notably China and Korea. The film stars Rain as Xu Chengxu, the wealthy heir of a multi-corporation who disguises himself as a poor artist to pursue his love for the arts. Crystal will star as a Rain’s love interest Xing Lu, the descendent of a fallen noble family. Beauty’s Dew is adapted from the novella of the same name by Zhang Xiaohan (张小娴).

The production team of Beauty’s Dew expressed their excitement on working with Rain, stating that they are fans of the K-pop singer and enjoys his acting. Rain, who first debuted as a member of the Korean boy band Fanclub in 1998, was met with overnight success after the release of his first solo album Bad Guy in 2002. Rain became one of the first Korean Wave stars to take Asia by storm after starring in the extremely popular Korean drama Full House <浪漫滿屋> with Song Hye Kyo in 2004. The 31-year-old has recently released his sixth studio album Rain Effect and is promoting the LP in China.

Rain’s management Cube Entertainment stated that while Rain has showcased manly images for his recent Hollywood films Ninja Assassin and The Prince, he will attempt a completely different image for Beauty’s Dew.  The film’s producers hope to see Rain challenge Xu Chengxu’s dignified traits and intelligence.

Beauty’s Dew will reportedly begin shooting in Shanghai in March 2014.

Sources: http://www.jaynestars.com/movies/k-pop-star-rain-to-team-up-with-crystal-liu-in-new-movie-beautys-dew

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

P.S.  "yep i heard about this misunderstanding of his words in that interview. i will address your question to my Chinese friend".

So I asked her and the final answer was:

Q: 'how many times you meet your gf LAST month (in january)?

R: None.

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Rain Cast for Lead Role in Chinese Melodramaan0ya March 5, 2014 
Rain Cast for Lead Role in Chinese Melodrama

World star Rain has been confirmed as the leading actor in an upcoming Chinese movie.

While the multitalent has appeared on multiple Hollywood films, this will be his first time to act in a Chinese movie. He will be playing an artistic and passionate young painter, who also happens to be the only heir of a large East Asian enterprise. His love interest will be top actress Liu Yifei, and their dramatic love story will be the driving force of the movie.

Titled “Hong Yan Lu Shui” (working title), the filming will begin in mid-March. The movie will be directed by the famousGao Xixi, who is the mastermind behind dramas “Three Kingdoms” and “Shanghai Bund.” 

A Chinese production representative commented, “We decided to cast Rain for the role as the character is smart and completely in love with art, and there is a need for high level of concentration in order to lead the story as the main character, not to forget Rain’s star quality.”

Most recently, Rain has been filming the upcoming Hollywood flick “The Prince.”

http://www.soompi.com/2014/03/05/rain-cast-for-lead-role-in-chinese-melodrama/#.UxhOCtzNXZl

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 2.4em; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: 'Lucida Grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 1.375; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Rain to Play Lead Role for Chinese Movie, ‘Hong Yan Lu Shui’0Posted on 2014/03/06 by Jawon LeeRain

A shot provided by CUBE DC

A singer Rain has been cast in a Chinese film, “Hong Yan Lu Shui” as a lead role.

According to his agency Cube DC, Rain will appear on the film directed by Gao Xixi, and this draws attention because Rain only have been playing on the screen of Hollywood.

He will play a talented young painter named Shui Chung Shuin who falls in lovewith a woman who also approaches him but with different thoughts.

Liu Yifei, a famous Chinese actress was cast as the female lead, and she is well-known actress in South Korea with her previous works.

‘Hong Yan Lu Shui’ also catches eyes with the best performing staffs and actors involved in the production of the film. Especially Gao Xixi, the director of the film is one of ‘the seven representative directors of China,’ and his works such as ‘History of a Salaryman,’ and ‘Records of the Three Kingdoms’ has earned several awards.

The production agency reported “Rain’s talent and capability to focus on his role as a singer and producer reflects the role’s character in the film, and that is why he has been cast.”

Regarding to his comeback, Rain has finished with the sixth album ‘Rain Effect’ in success last January, and he is holding tight schedules these days. For now, he is planning to keep working on the album, concerts, and the film, and his first shooting of ’Hong Yan Lu Shui’ will be held during mid-March.

Reporter: Jawon Lee

Courtesy of CUBE DC

http://www.tenasia.com/archives/77283

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Korean superstar Rain to debut in Chinese filmFrom Cinema Online Exclusively for Yahoo NewsroomBy Heidi Hsia | From Cinema Online Exclusively for Yahoo Newsroom

7cn_raindebutchinesefilm00.jpg

6 Mar – It was reported that South Korean superstar, Rain, will be making his Chinese movie debut with "Beauty's Dew".

As reported on People News Agency, on 4 March, the singer's management agency, Cube Entertainment announced that the multi-talented star will be starring in the romance movie, which is an adaptation of Hong Kong writer Amy Cheung's 2006 novel "Hong Yan Lu Shui".

The movie will also star Chinese actress Crystal Liu, who coincidentally, is known as China's Kim Tae-hee (the South Korean actress Rain is in relationship with at the moment).

In the film, Rain will be playing the role of Xu Chengxun, a young artiste and sole heir of a major Southeast Asian corporation who falls in love with the female protagonist, Xing Lu.

To be directed by Gao Xixi of "Legend of Chu" fame, the movie will begin shooting in Shanghai in the middle of this month.

http://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/news/korean-superstar-rain-debut-chinese-film-040600148.html

Some of you may have read the translated articles containing written replies by KTH for Issue Daily (Kim Tae Hee, The Human) and Kim Tae Hee (The Actress) in 2013. They were posted in KTH's thread last year. 

I actually wanted to post them like since the longest time. What held me back were my wish to firstly and personally obtain the permission from the translator to post them here and then find the right time to do so in this thread. 

I have got my permission not too long ago and it's just right a time to post the translated articles now. 

I will post the full article of Kim Tae Hee, The Human (Part 1) and only the link for Kim Tae Hee, The Actress (Part 2) since the 2nd part is about her acting and dramas. 

KTH referred to Rain as 'him' and "his" in Kim Tae Hee, The Human (Part 1). It's oddly sweet and adorable. I've had them in red for ease of reference.

Enjoy reading the thoughts and views of KTH about her as a human and an actress, as translated by The Real CZ.    :x \:D/ :)

class="title" style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px 0px 30px; padding: 0px 0px 25px; border-width: 0px 0px 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(231, 231, 231); outline: 0px; font-size: 32px; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: Rockwell, Georgia, 'Palatino Linotype', Palatino, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; width: 500px; position: relative;"Kim Tae Hee, The Human [Part One]

vq9jI49.jpg

The actress Kim Tae Hee. The significance that this name holds isn’t small. For others, they call Tae Hee ‘Goddess’, while others may call her the ‘Daughter of my mother’s friend (meaning that she’s perfect and your mother would always be comparing you to her friend’s perfect daughter). People give her compliments while also being jealous of her. What’s worse is that it’s hard for other celebrities to be compared to Kim Tae Hee’s commonly acknowledged beauty.

However, there is a different source of worry for Kim Tae Hee. Those worries are the prejudice that come against her for people being envious of her looks and the slumps and dilemmas she inevitably faces about her acting as she walks down the path of an actor.

In the beginning of the, Kim Tae Hee, who set various internet sites ablaze with the fact that she was dating Rain, appeared in front of the general public after a long time. That was when she appeared as the ninth Jang Hee Bin in the drama ‘Jang Ok Jung’.

This is the Naver Star Column in which we directly Kim Tae Hee’s help so that [you, the readers] can spend time with our ‘Kim Tae Hee Analysis’, learning about Kim Tae Hee the human and Kim Tae Hee the actress.

Kim Tae Hee just wouldn’t reveal herself to the public, so starting now, listen to the story of Kim Tae Hee, in which people are curious about the woman who gives off such a mysterious feeling.

F9tgKvi.jpg

Hello. This is Kim Tae Hee. I’m honored that I’m able to meet all of you like this. I’m naturally a person of few words, as my brother (Lee Wan) and I just don’t communicate with each other very well. However, you guys know that more than anyone, we have a strong connection, right? ^^

And yet we have had embarrassing talks through Kakao Talk lately. It seems that we have started talking more the older we get. When we were younger, we were both busy, and it was embarrassing, so we barely had any basic conversations with each other. Haha.

Anyhow, we’re talking about my little brother a lot. I’m enlightening everyone reading this Star Column about Kim Tae Hee the human and Kim Tae Hee the actress. What’s different about the two? Before we ‘peel the layers’, is it like a chestnut and it’s bur? I’ll come a little closer to all of you, showing my comfortable and familiar appearance to all of you.

Meeting my Korean fans after such a long time made my heart flutter while also causing me to be nervous. I’ll slightly reveal my story in order to become the actress Kim Tae Hee that is closer to all of you. I might not talk about a certain thing? Hahaha.

jjV0svf.jpg

# Is Kim Tae Hee a fashionista?

Due to being a fashion design major, many people are interested in the clothes that I wear. How.e.ver! I enjoy wearing a training outfit the most on a normal day. When I’m working on a project, I’m always having fun wearing something like a uniform. Of course, wearing running shoes with my training outfit completes my fashion. I’m the type of person who enjoys wearing comfortable clothing most of the time. You didn’t possibly think that I wore a princess’s dress at home, did you? lol.

It’s true that celebrities have to worry about what they wear when they go out. It’s especially true about the ‘guillotine’ of the verification of fashion, and one such part is concentrating one’s heart and soul on airport fashion. It’s one thing I’m sensitive about as an actress since I have had many people take pictures of me.

Ah, that’s right. Lately people have been thoroughly entranced by the beauty of the hanbok through the drama ‘Jang Ok Jung’. I have even tried making a mini-sized hanbok through the know-how that I gained in that time. I think it’s very appealing the more that I get to know it. (Hmm, my desire to introduce the drama is increasing. I’ll stop here, as I’ll talk about the drama later!)

zSBSpFL.jpg

# Kim Tae Hee’s Private Life

It’s something that is grandiosely titled, but in reality, it’s not special. I just meet up with my friends and take a stroll through the mountains in the neighborhood. Ah, I also really enjoy riding my bike! Last year when I had time, I received a certification for scuba diving and even learned how to golf.

I thought I did very well by learning how to scuba dive. This drama was the first time I did a scene in the water. A few years before, I went to Guam for my schedule and I had a panic attack in the water. I wondered if I was going to die at that time. I had some trauma in regards to water because of that ‘panic attack’, so I wanted to overcome that. I learned scuba properly by filling up days learning it, not by cramming it into a few days.

When I first went deep into the water, my ears hurt, I couldn’t breathe, and it felt like water was rushing in. I couldn’t breathe through my nose, and as I entered the water, I went into panic. Thanks to how hard I studied to learn, when I was filming in the water this time, I held my breath for a while and delayed taking off the oxygen mask, so when I went up to the surface and breathed once again, I did it again and successfully finished the filming. If I hadn’t truly become certified, something unexpected may have happened. I now have the confidence to film in the water!

After that I learned how to golf. I started to play golf because of my family. Seeing as how my older sister and my younger brother have liked sports from the beginning, my family always went golfing without me. What’s worse, I woke up one birthday and no one was around and there was nothing to eat. Seriously…these people… it was as if I was excluded from them at some point, so I interfered with their golf time.

Golfers have a saying of “put your hair up”, so I put my hair up. It seems like I’m a golf prodigy. Though when I did put my hair up, I shot 102 that day. However, after that, that score is gradually becoming a ‘sad legend’ that’s drifting away from me.ㅠㅠ

I originally couldn’t play ball games very well, so I didn’t have high expectations for golf. I should have learned something else that could help me improve my acting. After trying it, I unexpected thought that golf was an interesting sport. You can enjoy good prices if you avoid playing on the weekends. The prices are considerably higher on the weekends. If only the prices were adjusted, it seems like it would be a very great sport for me as I become older.

pf7y2ZS.png

# Kim Tae Hee’s Family

As you all may know, I have a younger brother who has become known through the name Lee Wan, so I will talk a little bit about him. I heard stories about me from what my brother heard around him. I did mention him earlier, but we weren’t the type to communicate with each other a lot, so I thought the news about me wasn’t special. Part of it was due to us being actors, but due to us being family, we ended up not talking much. It was difficult and we were careful, but seeing as that both of us don’t have talkative personalities, it just ended up being like that even more [that we didn’t talk].

It’s our mother that plays the role of connecting us. For example, if one of us brings up a topic and talks about it, she’s the one who gets us to stop.

In the end, when we’re at home, talking about our sister and father become the most important thing. Since our father was a businessman, he was a man of many words while my mother was somewhere in the middle of the spectrum. So in the house, there’s some form that’s creating an equilibrium. So my brother and I are taciturn, my mother is neutral and my father and sister and lively. Equilibrium seems to be what allows our family to live happily.

Ah, there were many people who have asked me why I didn’t go see my brother when he enlisted in the military. There’s a feeling that I’m a criminal for not seeing my brother…However, when my brother was at boot camp, I went together with my family to see him. After that, what…(sorry!). Still, I was able to call him when the veterans connected me to him when I called. (Was this his duty? ^^;;)

The atmosphere changed, so that most important issue at home is ‘Jang Ok Jung’. I was able to rise up to the spot because of my parents. I can only be thankful to the two people who certainly are always on my side. I had to work harder for this project so that I wouldn’t let them down compared to their high expectations. How I see it, they are in a state where they are only watching the drama.

To finish this off by bringing this up is tough, but many people are probably interested. As we were getting ready to film, the dating rumors with “him” became known, causing everyone a lot of burden, so I am really sorry to the drama team. I was really anxious and worried about whether this would become trouble.

However, I strived to make this a drama that would live up to everyone’s expectations when I thought of his encouraging words like ‘The results will be as good as your effort put into it’. So I will repay everyone back with a more mature image, for everyone who has given me love and thought about me.

While I hope that the day can come where I can personally feel that I’m going down a good road in the future, I’ll end the “Kim Tae Hee, The Human” part here.

In the next part, the topic of “Kim Tae Hee, The Actress” will be brought up. Ten years have already passed since Kim Tae Hee has taken the title of an actress. She is an actress that has reached this spot, as she is denounced at times while at other times she hears encouragement and supportive words. As for now, it’s the appearance of the ever-changing ‘Actress Kim Tae Hee’. Just wait a little, as she’ll be right back. ^^

z66tqYq.jpg

Source

Translation: The Real CZ @ Hallyu Interview

http://hallyuinterview.wordpress.com/2013/09/24/kim-tae-hee-the-human-part-one/

class="title" style="margin: 0px 0px 30px; padding: 0px 0px 25px; border-width: 0px 0px 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(231, 231, 231); outline: 0px; font-size: 32px; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: Rockwell, Georgia, 'Palatino Linotype', Palatino, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; width: 500px; position: relative;"Kim Tae Hee, The Actress [Part 2]

7u0MvpB.jpg

The link to the article:

http://hallyuinterview.wordpress.com/2013/12/02/kim-tae-hee-the-actress-part-2/

The fan art below was done by me and posted in KTH's thread last year. I remember adding the following quote:

"When a man sees many visions of his girlfriend, it means he misses her so much!"     8-> :x :-* ;):)

663c.jpg

Cr photos : Owners

@nancyzak I hope the one who ask KTH is Guerilla Date's MC, Kim Tae Jin. I really like Kim Tae Jin. He is so funny and witty. He is the one who tease Rain every time he interview Rain.

I really want to see Kim Tae Jin interview and tease KTH about Rain.

8->

In the past, Kim Tae Jin and Lee Wan many people said they have similar face. When KTH and Kim Rae Won interview by Kim Tae Jin, he call KTH Noona. And KTH laughed.

Kim Tae Jin also mention about his looks similar with Lee Wan in front of KTH and Lee Wan. =))

rainyday293 said: @nancyzak I hope the one who ask KTH is Guerilla Date's MC, Kim Tae Jin. I really like Kim Tae Jin. He is so funny and witty. He is the one who tease Rain every time he interview Rain. I really want to see Kim Tae Jin interview and tease KTH about Rain. 8-> In the past, Kim Tae Jin and Lee Wan many people said they have similar face. When KTH and Kim Rae Won interview by Kim Tae Jin, he call KTH Noona. And KTH laughed. Kim Tae Jin also mention about his looks similar with Lee Wan in front of KTH and Lee Wan. =))

Guest sheel28

thank you @Marusya_nya for help to ask to your Chinese friend ;) :-bd

so that's right that Rain not met KTH during January, not every month..as we all know the reason they can't met in January because Rain so busy for prepare his comeback..

like @Nancyzak said, it was misreporting..in China written that means "per month", not "last month", i'm sure that misreporting as usual as China media did before to Rain :-? [-X

@Nancyzak, @rainyday293

ohh that means KTJ has interviewed KTH for 2 times..first, KTH with KRW, and the last is when KTH with short hair..

here's the video KTH interviewed by KTJ

he more looks like LW when he wasn't wear eye-glasses like in that video kekekee :P

sheel28 said: thank you @Marusya_nya for help to ask to your Chinese friend ;) :-bd so that's right that Rain not met KTH during January, not every month..as we all know the reason they can't met in January because Rain so busy for prepare his comeback.. like @Nancyzak said, it was misreporting..in China written that means "per month", not "last month", i'm sure that misreporting as usual as China media did before to Rain :-? [-X @Nancyzak, @rainyday293 ohh that means KTJ ha interviewed KTH 2 times..first, KTH with KRW, and the last is when KTH with short hair.. here's the video KTH interviewed by KTJ

he more looks like LW when he wasn't wear glasses like in that video kekekee :P

Guest sheel28

@Nancyzak

yes, KTJ looks very different when he interviewed Rain...beside that, his hairstyle also different, that's make us mistook him different host..i realized he is KTJ from his name which appeared on screen ;))

here's part 2..

@nancyzak I surprise when read your comment. When I want to clarification about KTJ. You're already know and realize he is the one who interview KTH's Guerilla Date. Haha.

From Love Story in Harvard era until now I always like KTJ. He always make KTH laugh.

I like his name. Because it's like half of KTH's name.

"KIM TAE"

And his looks sometimes Lee Wan.

He has "half KTH from name and half Lee Wan from looks"

If Rain and KTH announce their wedding, I hope KTJ have a chance to interview Rain. I want he ask Rain about how he feel when see KTJ.

I want KTJ dig up relation between Rain and Lee Wan.

rainyday293 said: @nancyzak I surprise when read your comment. When I want to clarification about KTJ. You're already know and realize he is the one who interview KTH's Guerilla Date. Haha. From Love Story in Harvard era until now I always like KTJ. He always make KTH laugh. I like his name. Because it's like half of KTH's name. "KIM TAE" And his looks sometimes Lee Wan. He has "half KTH from name and half Lee Wan from looks" If Rain and KTH announce their wedding, I hope KTJ have a chance to interview Rain. I want he ask Rain about how he feel when see KTJ. I want KTJ dig up relation between Rain and Lee Wan.