Boyfriend "liking" girls pictures on facebook - do u get jealous?

oooroosay

Guest arronyans

Honestly, I do get a little jealous just because I know that he had crushes on some of these girls once or twice in his life. But I know that he only have me now, so I don't worry much.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter how much I'd try to hide it, yeah, I would feel a small sting inside. I'm a quite jealous person, really, and I do believe that if a guy really loves a girl, every other girl should be non-existent in his eyes. Call me close-minded, I don't care actually. You see, if he really cares for your feelings he won't "like" it even if he does find her attractive/sexy. Because he will know how his girl would feel if she found out. Simple as that. The same way I think about his feelings and don't go around liking pictures with half-naked men.

• 3 months later...
Guest metalheart

It's disrespectful, period.

It does depend on the picture. If it's something cute or non-sexual, it doesn't bother me, unless he's doing it constantly. But liking pictures of half-naked bikini models, and also girls that he has flirted heavily with before our relationship, doesn't make me jealous, it pisses me off.... because I feel it's disrespectful, and it shows your GF/ Wife, ((and everyone else for that matter)), that you are looking and liking something other than what you have. Liking other chick's pics and not your own girlfriend or wife's pictures tells the world that you are a snake. For me, it's all a matter of respect, NOT jealousy, because I am a beautiful woman and I am not jealous of others. But it shouldn't matter what you look like.

Everyone can find other people attractive, but keep it to yourself on public forums. I bet you don't walk down the street or somewhere in public with your guy and he starts pointing at other women and saying, "OH she's hot, she's pretty, I like her..."  I bet many girls would smack their guy upside the head for doing that... well this is no different. Liking sexy pictures of models, exes, etc and using the Lame excuse "she's just a friend" is so see-through.  I guarantee most girls don't really like it, they just say it's ok or they put up with it and don't say anything to him.
What Ajlee said here, is the truth, not to mention the person in the picture the guy liked may take his 'like' the wrong way. 

"by pressing like on the picture, he is heading to the end of the slope. he tells him self it is acceptable to appriciate other girls' beauty, soon it will be ok to express it to other girls and soon he will be flirting cheating etc."

ajlee613 nailed it on his post.
ajlee613 said: a guy who is truly serious about the realtionship wouldn't do that, just like a girl who is truly serious wouldn't dress up to attract attention from other guys.
when i am really serious about a girl, other girls pretty much dont exist anymore. even if we are past the honey moon period of the relationship. and even if i found a girl atttractive, by pressing like on the picture, he is heading to the end of the slope. he tells him self it is acceptable to appriciate other girls' beauty, soon it will be ok to express it to other girls and soon he will be flirting cheating etc.
same goes with girls. you cant blame someone in this day and age for being subconcously afraid. after all the bad relationships our generation goes through before society tells us it is okay to fully commit, we have all been emotionally crushed. think about your first relationship, u really gave it ur all right? "whooped" as some may say. well that is natural imo. that is how human beings are supposed to express their love. however as it stops working out, we get crushed over and over again and realize, if we care that much, if we get "whooped" and it fails, we will be crushed, so we subconciously defend ourselves by "liking" other girls' pictures and dressing up to impress other people. it is our way of telling ourselves "if it doesnt work out, i have other options"
this way of thinking raises the chance of failure in a relatinoship. thus, why u are talking about your EX here

Guest Mentor

oooroosay said: i'm single now, but i used to get jealous when my ex would "like" pictures of other girls on his facebook....
most of the pictures he "liked" were of his friends in bikinis, in clubs (wearing sexy clothes) or like.... other kinda "sexy' pictures.... 
is there any double sided meaning to these "likes" on facebook? and is there a reason to get jealous?
when i "like" pictures, its only if i think its funny or cute (like a picture of a dog or something)... but i never have the balls to "like" a picture of someone im interested in or attracted to
but then again, men are from mars and women are from venus right?! :P 
what do u guys think?

Guest nana544

Yes, I would be upset if the girl is not our friends. Like, why does he even do that for? There is something going on if your boyfriend does that.

Guest Kerriganton

Some people just like anything that pops up on their feed.
Nothing really wrong with that...
Unless facebook is such srs business.

Guest jphenrybrown

haha~the post is really fun~ i never do that on my facebook~ coz i only put PILI puppet picture on from Taiwan~ BUT i have several such picture on my phone~ lol~

Guest TheJVS

oooroosay said: yea, theres a difference between liking a picture like this:
5192100-a-pretty-asian-woman-hugging-a-f
and like this;
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTb-AgQ8QRbaTIeLzR1vUs
the FIRST picture... id be okay with. the second picture... not so much...
both girls are very pretty. but the second one.... i mean.... ('o___o) ....ya know....

Guest HERMIT

Why would liking the first picture be any "better" than the second one?
I would have thought liking himself a 'little bit o' lesbian action' would also be of concern to the girlfriend.

Guest flyhigh1030

Yes i do get jealous lol. At first it was my insecurity taking over my mind and i would tell him not to like any pictures of other girls. Oh man i was very very jealous lol but when i think about it all of it wasn't necessary. In the end he loved me. Of course i'd be bothered to a certain extend but you have to learn to let those things go and work on the relationship and trust issues

Guest nana544

HERMIT said: Why would liking the first picture be any "better" than the second one?
I would have thought liking himself a 'little bit o' lesbian action' would also be of concern to the girlfriend.

Guest ikweli

Nana544 said: HERMIT said: Why would liking the first picture be any "better" than the second one?

Guest nana544

Haha lol, I'll hate to be your girlfriend then :P. Well, what if it's the opposite, your girlfriend like random pictures of hot guys with abs and muscles? Would that make you jealous, or at least a tiny little bit?

Guest ikweli

lol not at all. so many reasons why it wont worry me.  2 quick reasons are that her life is mostly within our social group and that shes happy where shes at now.   liking those pictures is not a big deal. maybe she's thinking about me when she does it ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest mintydew

oooroosay said: i'm single now, but i used to get jealous when my ex would "like" pictures of other girls on his facebook....
most of the pictures he "liked" were of his friends in bikinis, in clubs (wearing sexy clothes) or like.... other kinda "sexy' pictures.... 
is there any double sided meaning to these "likes" on facebook? and is there a reason to get jealous?
when i "like" pictures, its only if i think its funny or cute (like a picture of a dog or something)... but i never have the balls to "like" a picture of someone im interested in or attracted to
but then again, men are from mars and women are from venus right?! :P 
what do u guys think?

Guest daulism

Personally I try not to get jealous because let's face it, I find a lot of guys attractive and I'd like their pictures. I think the important thing to remember is that in a relationship, there is a lot of emotional investment. Like someone said, it's appreciating someone's beauty like art. You can want to richard simmons someone, but not love them. You can love someone, but not want to richard simmons them (oh hey physical attraction!).

And I reckon that if he does cheat on me due to ~liking too much girls' pictures~, then I guess the relationship wasn't mean to be.

Archived