how often do you wash your hair?

Guest thepigs

I wash it once a day because I develop a lot of flakes if I don't... My hair is pretty dry and does not become oily on the second or third day of no wash but it does become filled with flakes and it's unnattractive! :S I wish I could fix this, my goodness.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fayith77

I try to wash it every other day max every 2 days. My hair becomes extremely oily and I hate the feeling. I end up pinning up my hair to keep the oil away from my face. Although, if I use hair product I immediately wash it that night. I don't like the feeling of hair product when I'm sleeping.

Guest MeiHearts

I use to wash my hair everyday and then one day I went to a salon for the first time ever to get a haircut and the hairdresser kept telling me how thin and brittle my hair is and how I shouldn't wash it everyday.   So ever since then I usually wash my hair every three days or so (around 3x a week) and I noticed that my hair does take longer to get oily. 

Guest prelove

I was unfortunately blessed with oily hair.. - -; so I pretty much have to wash it EVERY single day otherwise it'd feel extremely greasy and nasty. I know it's bad for the hair/scalp too because of all the chemicals in shampoo, so I use an apple cider vinegar rinse once every two weeks to get rid of the buildup. It also leaves my hair very silky and shiny too. :)

I wash it everyday! But that's because I'm kinda OCD I hate getting into my bed with dirty hair .. haha But it is good to wash it every other day so you don't dry out your hair. If you wash your hair everyday like I do, don't apply too much shampoo or conditioner. Also do not condition your roots, just do the bottom half of your hair (: 

Guest hunterheart

Probably every other day. Sometimes when I'm lazy two days. My hair is really thick for reference and gets easily frizzy. I also have moderate oil control but I get itchy/irritated if I don't wash every other day.

If the weather is hot, I'll wash it every day. Otherwise, only once every other day. I hate having to re-straighten my hair if it flips out after washing.

Guest dreamingofu213

Usually every 2 days. Sometimes when I'm stuck at home with hair up after the 2nd day because it's clean (and I'm lazy).

Guest yenaxchangmin

it's actually the shampoo that makes your hair brittle and really unhealthy D: the shampoo dries out your natural oils in your hair and it may lead to really dry hair. I advise you to take showers but just skip the shampoo and wash your hair just with water! Just shampoo your hair every 3 days or so or whatever you feel appropriate. It's a slow process but you'll notice that your hair will take longer to get oily and also very healthy at the same time! :) 

Guest carebearrie

I try to wash my hair every other day, but I can't stand going to gym, sweating, and not washing my hair. So I wash my hair almost everyday. But those days where I don't go to the gym, I use dry shampoo inbetween washes to freshen up and soak up some of the oil on my hair which helps me feel not as icky. 

Guest Hearted

I use to wash my hair once a week. Yes, I have naturally straight Asian hair. Now I was it about everyday to every third day. Depending on my time and laziness. 

Guest thedemurewind

Every other day or everyday depending on the situation. I feel like my hair has gotten a lot healthier ever since I decided to skip a day or two of washing. 

Archived