how often do you wash your hair?

Guest thepigs

Guest thepigs

i have fine, thin asian hair and my hair looks super greasy after 24 hours, but i've been trying to cut down on washing my hair. i'd still wash my hair every day in the summer but since it's winter, it should be okay, right? i heard that if you stop washing your hair so often, the amount of oil your scalp produces will go down ^^ what about you guys?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's definitely true that if you wash your hair less, less oil will be produced.I got obsessed with washing my hair for a week and noticed my hair got oilier quicker, and it was annoying.Now I just wash it every other day, and sometimes every 2 days.It keeps my hair healthy and smooth.

Guest xFloOwuffBB

Same as above ^ I wash my hair every other day, and when I really don't need to go out I leave an oil treatment in my hair for as long as I possibly can. That doesn't mean I don't take showers, before anyone gets all grossed out.

Guest happybubble

I wash my hair everyday and even apply conditioner every single day. I know it's bad but my hair tends to be unmanageable if I don't at least apply conditioner. It must be because I have dyed hair.

Guest lychee_poo

Every other day, it does get kind of greasy by the second day but if I wash it too often it'll dry out my hair, my hair and scalp is very dry so I need to leave it alone.

back in middle & high school, my hair was so greasy I had to wash it every single day.. which just made it more greasy =_= until one day I read online about dry shampoo and my hair hasn't been the same ever since! now I wash my hair every 2/3 days and just use dry shampoo once it starts getting greasy.. i also don't have to color my hair as often since I'm not washing out the dye as much. baby powder is also a good alternative.. as long as you don't mind smelling like a baby

I used to wash it EVERY DAY = so greasy!!! Now I have cut down after reading the benefits of not washing hair so frequently, and cut it down to once every other day... now I leave 2-3 days space before washing it :D Oh and it's not so greasy anymore! and my hair is healthier and softer wooo

Guest Jenny No

Wash every 48-72 hours.
If you really must wash, do it with water & condition - no shampoo. There are also dry shampoos you can use.

It gives you split ends, especially if you abuse your hair like I do with mine.

Everyday currently. I use hair products on my hair so I feel really unclean unless I shampoo it all out.
Although people say it's bad, my hairs actually in excellent condition cause I have pretty strong thick hair (I have virgin hair right now) and I use repair conditioner and leave in conditioners and such.

But when I had blonde hair, I washed every other or I mixed a bit of shampoo into my conditioner. Hair did become dry if I washed it everyday (but my hair was literally messed up from all the times I dyed/bleached & permed it). Depends on your hair type on how often you should wash your hair. If you're trying to go a few days without washing, try using dry shampoo. I personally don't like it but others seem to, so you might want to try it.

Guest EXQU1S1TE

I wash it every other day. I have dyed hair and get it retouched every month so I try to limit my hair washing because it'll make the color fade. Batiste Dry Shampoo is the best in fixing oiliness! I use it when I don't wash my hair for the day and it works wonders!

Guest nikkipicky

I wash every 3 or so days, unless like I sweat like crazy. My hair doesn't get oily until after like four or five days so it works lol. But sometimes I do use dry shampoo. And when I wash I only shampoo my scalp, never the ends. It dries out your ends since your hair's natural oils don't go past your chin and my hair is kinda long.

Guest xssharon

I wash my hair everday because I live in Taiwan and its very  humid here...and my hair will get oily if Id ont wash it everyday..Personally, I would wash my hair everyday anyways

Guest sooboobae

Once every two days or so. Washing my hair everyday makes it dry and strips it of oils, so it's best to do it every other day.

Once every few months. I'm pretty sure I'm the odd one out here on this site since I'm not Asian or white. My hair needs the natural oils it produces and if I wash it too much it will damage my hair. Also, my hair is too much of a hassel to do once every two weeks or what have you. But when I do wash it, I deep condition my hair and later blow dry it. Used to flat iron it but I like how it looks blow dried.

Archived